Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th March 2010, 12:59   #166
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Any update on the FE ? I think it might not be as good as competitors.
If you looking at FE ; the Petrol Figo would be much less then the competition ; for the diesel it would be comparable, although with more vibrations in the Diesel engine it has to be proven whether the Figo suspension would hold up in the medium term as I read in the thread that the mounts are different then Fiesta. I hope that it is not the case...... my perception is that Figo would sell more in Diesel after the initial excitement wears down... for sure the Ritz, Swift and the new Wgon R slated for launch in April would be more fuel efficient then Figo in Petrol..
SCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 13:13   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Any update on the FE ? I think it might not be as good as competitors.
I think I already answered your question. I don't know if the Figo gives a better mileage than the Ritz. Only a side by side comparison will answer that.
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 14:40   #168
BHPian

"You can feel it running out of breath after 4,000 rpms. Again, the top-end is unimpressive. This engine will do well within the city, but expect dull performance on the highway." by GTO

Joe,How you feel the car on highway??
hiren959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 15:40   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
"You can feel it running out of breath after 4,000 rpms. Again, the top-end is unimpressive. This engine will do well within the city, but expect dull performance on the highway." by GTO

Joe,How you feel the car on highway??
The car do go out of breath above 4000 RPM. You need to keep it in it's power band ( I guess it's the same for all engines). Shift early, say at 3500 RPM and you won't find anything to complain on the highway. I had some trouble adjusting after driving the Civic (which revs happily all the way up to around 6800 RPM redline) but soon I got the hang of it. I think this is a good thing to some extend: The engine might last a little longer when compared to the free revving diesels. Also the occupants won't feel the pace building

Last edited by joethomasv : 26th March 2010 at 15:42.
Old 26th March 2010, 15:48   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Been reading about the excellent TDCi version. But any ideas about the petrol version if the usage is going to be within the city.

Or is this too early to ask.

Thanks.
A short TD report of teh petrol Figo can be found here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1798772-post1272.html
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 16:34   #171
BHPian

joe, what is the top speed you have tried so far ? Somebody was mentioning this car is best for cruise at speeds from 100 - 120 on highway. How does the car handle beyond 120 ? On long stretches of good roads ( those 4 lane toll roads), I find it very boring to stay within 120 :-)
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 19:32   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
A short TD report of teh petrol Figo can be found here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1798772-post1272.html
The impression is generally the same. Figo petrol is OK, but the Figo diesel is great. Problem is, everyone tends to compare the Figo diesel with the Figo petrol and arrives at a unanimous conclusion. How about a comparison the Figo petrol with the petrol variants offered by the Punto/Swift/Beat/Polo/I10, etc? Could someone please compare a Figo petrol with another petrol engine? Longhorn does make some comparison by saying "Its not as responsive as say the K series twins," but could there be a detailed comparison?

Also, one should take the price into consideration. For example, Ritz LXI is about Rs 4.2 L here in Goa, while the Figo LXI is about Rs 3.9 L and the Ford EXI is priced in the same bracket with the Ritz LXI but has more features than the Ritz LXI.

Melvyn

Last edited by misquitas : 26th March 2010 at 19:43.
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 19:32   #173
BHPian

@Revy, the fastest I've done so far is 120. Couldn't find a decent stretch of road to go above that. Also I want to be a little more familiar with the car before testing the limits(Mine as well). The car is very comfortable at tripple digit speeds. 120 is a piece of cake. The Ikon as well as the Fiesta I've driven had a tendency to lock up the front tyres way too fast. And it was scary! So I'm a little careful with the Figo even with the ABS. Also the nearest 4 lane road I have is atleast a couple of hundred kilometres away!

Last edited by joethomasv : 26th March 2010 at 19:36.
Old 26th March 2010, 20:16   #174
Senior - BHPian

@Joethomasv, nearest 4 lane road from cochin 200Km away?

Last edited by poloman : 26th March 2010 at 20:18.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 22:09   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
@Joethomasv, nearest 4 lane road from cochin 200Km away?
I'm now 150 kms away from Cochin. Cochin's got some four lanes but doing 120+ on those roads during the day will be either suicide or murder. Or both.
Old 27th March 2010, 11:31   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
The impression is generally the same. Figo petrol is OK, but the Figo diesel is great. Problem is, everyone tends to compare the Figo diesel with the Figo petrol and arrives at a unanimous conclusion. How about a comparison the Figo petrol with the petrol variants offered by the Punto/Swift/Beat/Polo/I10, etc? Could someone please compare a Figo petrol with another petrol engine? Longhorn does make some comparison by saying "Its not as responsive as say the K series twins," but could there be a detailed comparison?
Melvyn I haven't TD'ed the Beat/Polo/Punto so can't comment on that. What I can say that its better that the i10 1.1 in terms of drivability. It doesn't pull as well as the Marutis but it gets the job done. Let me put it this way. The chassis is well sorted but the engine lacks the ability to utilize the chassis's capacity to the fullest. The K series unit is an absolute beauty in terms of drivability because the torque is spread across the rev band. It pulls cleanly from the low end right upto the top. The Figo diesel is good in this aspect but not so in case of the petrol. In case of the Maruti twins, both the diesel and petrol engines are equally good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Also, one should take the price into consideration. For example, Ritz LXI is about Rs 4.2 L here in Goa, while the Figo LXI is about Rs 3.9 L and the Ford EXI is priced in the same bracket with the Ritz LXI but has more features than the Ritz LXI.

Melvyn
If you compare the price v/s features between the Ritz/Swift and the Figo, the Figo beats them hands down. The Exi is very good value for money. Having said that, the K12M on the Figo would have been a stonker!

Last edited by longhorn : 27th March 2010 at 11:36.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 12:47   #177
Senior - BHPian

Is your car back from the A.S.S? Any updates?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 13:40   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Is your car back from the A.S.S? Any updates?
Just got a call from Chennai. They couldn't reproduce the problem even after driving the car for around 400 kms (including the 150 km drive back to Cochin). So they replaced the alternator just to make sure that the problem won't resurface. The car should be back in Thekkady tonight. Now that's what I call a good A.S.S! (Mr.Sreekanth, if you are reading this, thanks a lot)
Old 27th March 2010, 14:32   #179
Senior - BHPian

WOW! hope they reproduce this with all owners.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 16:17   #180
BHPian

Thats a good looking car right there Gemi...congrats.

I have a request...

If you can post a pic of the rear seat leg space with the front seats pushed all the way back and one-all the way front,That would give us all an idea of the available leg space
Sam.k is offline   Reply With Quote