Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 13:52   #196
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 329
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Got a call from Kairali Ford today. They wanted to know if everything's fine with the car. I mentioned about the missing alloy cap, and to my surprise, he admitted that they might have lost it during the test drive and promised to get it fixed next time the car comes in for service!

The funny thing is that all the Fiesta owners I know are really surprised at the royal treatment the Figo's getting.

Called up pitstop and they said a replacement cap is available. Hallelujah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post
@joe
Any warranty void issues if upgrading tyres to 185/65 r14 or 185/65 r14?
Yes I think so. If you stick to the standard size and change to alloys, I think there won't be any issue. The 175 tyres looked too puny on the alloys so I didn't care about the warranty.
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 13:56   #197
BHPian
 
Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BLR MCT
Posts: 427
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Congrats! looks awesome in white! the das is not my taste though! the alloys are great!!
Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 16:44   #198
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 649 Times
Default

Joe for the extended warranty did you get some kind of warranty card or something printed on your manual?
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 19:52   #199
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 329
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

@Mafia Thanks!

@Captain Slow I totally forgot about that. I didn't get any card or receipt. There's no mention on the service manual either. I need to check that with the dealer.
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 21:45   #200
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kottayam
Posts: 282
Thanked: Once
Default

Joe please check about the total maintenance pack and 4th year warranty too.

Also how do we plug in usb to the player? Is there a usb port at rear of the player? I have heard so. Please check and confirm.
mkerala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 21:57   #201
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 329
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Joe please check about the total maintenance pack and 4th year warranty too.

Also how do we plug in usb to the player? Is there a usb port at rear of the player? I have heard so. Please check and confirm.
I'll do that.

I think we need to get the cable from them. I'm not sure if there's a usb at the back of the player. It might be some proprietary port. Need to take a look. I'll try to find out.
When is your car coming?
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 22:27   #202
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kottayam
Posts: 282
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
I'll do that.

I think we need to get the cable from them. I'm not sure if there's a usb at the back of the player. It might be some proprietary port. Need to take a look. I'll try to find out.
When is your car coming?
As per my dealer my car will be send from factory this month itself and will be delivered to me within 3 days after that.
mkerala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 23:45   #203
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
@Mafia Thanks!

@Captain Slow I totally forgot about that. I didn't get any card or receipt. There's no mention on the service manual either. I need to check that with the dealer.
My Fiesta extended warranty was couriered to my house about 4 weeks after delivery. It came directly from Ford.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 09:28   #204
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 329
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
My Fiesta extended warranty was couriered to my house about 4 weeks after delivery. It came directly from Ford.

It's got nothing to do with the dealer then. That's good.
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 12:14   #205
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 229
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

joe, thanks for sharing a whole bunch of useful info! I finally test drove the tdci Figo yesterday - got to take her out for just about a km and the first impressions were good.

it seems a fantastic car to drive inside the city with almost no turbo lag and going by your reports, it seems quite stable on the highways as well? i hope to get a longer TD here before i make a final decision - still deciding between this and the Punto But this car sure can be chucked around more easily than the punto; definitely felt more nimble!

could u help me with some thoughts running thru my mind!
the gear shift seemed a bit hard, though it was sure-slotting and short throw - how u finding it? did u feel the need for a dead pedal in the long drive? have you loaded the car with 5 persons and checked the performance?

i might come back with some more questions - do help me with them!
royalcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 12:54   #206
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,260
Thanked: 4,212 Times
Default

Belated congratulations and best wishes [better late than never!], joethomasv, on becoming a proud owner of Ford Figo Titanium TDCi, which looks dashing and different with a red dashboard!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 1st April 2010 at 12:55.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 14:04   #207
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 329
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
joe, thanks for sharing a whole bunch of useful info! I finally test drove the tdci Figo yesterday - got to take her out for just about a km and the first impressions were good.

it seems a fantastic car to drive inside the city with almost no turbo lag and going by your reports, it seems quite stable on the highways as well? i hope to get a longer TD here before i make a final decision - still deciding between this and the Punto But this car sure can be chucked around more easily than the punto; definitely felt more nimble!
I haven't TDed the Punto so I'm not sure how they compare. Yes, the Figo's very stable on the highways and it handles well at 100+ speeds.

Quote:
the gear shift seemed a bit hard, though it was sure-slotting and short throw - how u finding it? did u feel the need for a dead pedal in the long drive? have you loaded the car with 5 persons and checked the performance?
The gear shift is firm but I didn't find it too hard. The dead pedal would've been a good addition. I do miss it especially because I'm used to it on the Civic. But I don't think there's enough space for one in the Figo.
I have driven the car with 4 onboard and didn't find any issues. I didn't try in the hills though.
Quote:
i might come back with some more questions - do help me with them!
No problem, glad to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Belated congratulations and best wishes [better late than never!], joethomasv, on becoming a proud owner of Ford Figo Titanium TDCi, which looks dashing and different with a red dashboard!

Thanks Ravi! I'm thinking of naming the car Hell Boy. The dash is the same shade :
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 12:06   #208
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 329
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Here's the view from the driver's seat. The reflection of the dash is not that much in real. This was taken in bright sunlight.

The car's done 2250 kms so far. Mileage is more or less the same as before. I'll be getting the first service done this week. Hope to get the fog lamps and the USB cable if they are in stock.

Both the rear doors have started to complain after the Thekkady trip. The left door is rattling a bit while a squeaking sound is coming from the right. I think both the door latches need to be set. I remember getting this done on the Ambassador but not in any other car after that.Other than that, the car's been a good boy.

I'm surprised there's no seat belt reminder warning in the car. It's a must on cars equipped with airbags.

I noticed that the RPM goes down a bit after the turbo slows down when you idle for some time. It's hard to notice in the Figo. With the extra large RPM meter on the Fiesta, it's a lot easier to see. I think you need to idle the car till the RPM drops before you turn the ignition off.

Oh and the ABS works. I checked

Edit: Just noticed, 38,000 + views for this thread? Wow!
Attached Images
   

Last edited by joethomasv : 6th April 2010 at 12:18.
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 12:25   #209
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

Loved the second pic. Give a side profile among the greenery. I'm sure the alloys are gonna look smashing here.

And yes... This is the most viewed Figo Ownership Thread
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 12:37   #210
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 329
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Loved the second pic. Give a side profile among the greenery. I'm sure the alloys are gonna look smashing here.

And yes... This is the most viewed Figo Ownership Thread
The pics are a week old. I'll get a side profile on the next trip.

I think the number of views have got more to do with the straight forward/boring title than the actual content!
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Figo 1.2 DuraTec Titanium - Initial Ownership Review nishantbhatia84 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 41 27th March 2015 16:58
Ford Figo White TDCi Titanium - Initial Ownership Report rohing Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 28th March 2012 12:18
Ford Figo TDCI Titanium. Sea Grey. 1500Kms report and initial experience charansuki Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 24th August 2011 12:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks