Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th April 2010, 16:17   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Plus Scorpio7, e-biz, iceman and I.
brix has booked one there was choudhry i am not getting the name right
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 17:13   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
@cartman Thanks! That'll make a great title. That's exactly what this thread is.

Fellow Figo owners : Let's see, There's Gemithomas, Captain Slow, Revvy, Joe and I.. That makes 5 of us. Did I miss someone?
There's more ! scorpio, scanD ( he got it already ?)...I am lagging behind in updating my thread. Work is piling up, effect of spending too much office time in Figo follow up for 2 weeks. There is no place to hide, I have to clear the mess. Believe me, I look forward to the morning and night drives on a working day, that's real fun even in the Bangalore traffic. Yes, joe - the "thud" ( or thump as put by mustang ) is heard sometimes. May be more when I am driving alone.
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 15:34   #288
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
brix has booked one there was choudhry i am not getting the name right
Punto Emk was my choice as the anniversary (Jun 10) gift to my wife but Figo changed my mind. Currently She drives a Zen (2004) and very happy with the Maruti service. TDed Punto and she wasn't impressed as the diesel isn't quick. Haven't TD Figo yet but from the opinion and reviews of the experts on this thread, Titanium Diesel is the VFM. Vista was considered but we go through bad service experience with our Xeta at Tata service in Goa. Any owners of Ford in Goa on the forum to know the service experience?
DarshanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 10:21   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Pete's website lists a version available for the Fiesta. The power / torque curve is not very encouraging though.

The car's done 3200 kms now and I'm very happy with it so far. I list the minor irritants below:
I wish there was a setting that will stop the music system from playing after I hang up a call. It can be a little irritating at times.
There's a loud thud from the front struts when the car jumps over humps, especially when it's unladen.
The floor mats that came with the car looks good, but they will have to be replaced in a few months. It's already showing signs of wear and the monsoon's not even here. Also the driver side mat is not designed for size 10+ shoes.

Am having the same issues with my Figo as well. I hear the thud even if the speed is very minimal and the floor mats have already worn out. And the floor mats was part of the essential pack for Rs.2000/- (mud flap set / mat set). Don't think its useful in any way. We can get better mats outside
e-biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 10:39   #290
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
Am having the same issues with my Figo as well. I hear the thud even if the speed is very minimal and the floor mats have already worn out. And the floor mats was part of the essential pack for Rs.2000/- (mud flap set / mat set). Don't think its useful in any way. We can get better mats outside

You will hear that thud/thump sound & it will be more prominent at speeds of about 20 km/hr. The sound will gradually go away after some time, Also if you load 2 people in the back seat, The sound is less audible at the same speed. You can check this.

Did you take the carpet mats or rubber mats.

Rubber mats of ford have a very superior quality & i have been using it on both of my cars. The rubber ones on my Ikon 1.6 still look new even after 8 years.

I have no idea about the quality of carpet mats, I prefer rubber ones as they are much more easier to clean & maintain.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 15:31   #291
BHPian

@e-biz I think the mud flaps are of good quality. The mats are a let down though. The sound from the suspension didn't come even once when the car was loaded. Like mustang said, I hope it goes away after the suspension softens a bit.

The carpet mats that came with my Civic is still in very good condition after 3.5years. But I don't think the one in the Figo will last 6 months.
@Mustang The mats that came with the essential pack are carpet type for the passengers and rubber for the boot. I don't think rubber mats were there as an option.
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 15:48   #292
Senior - BHPian

The carpet mats that come with the Fiesta are high quality ones. I have no doubt they will last for years. It looks like they may be giving some lower quality ones on the Figo.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 16:13   #293
BHPian

carpet mats are in tone with seat interiors in my figo, donno much about the quality. I find it to be okay, will still get rubber mats for rainy season though
Old 15th April 2010, 17:34   #294
BHPian

Will the ones for the Fiesta fit in the Figo? I don't like the rubber mats.
@scorpio yes even mine's in tone with the seats. They are not half as durable though.
Old 15th April 2010, 18:35   #295
BHPian

Quote:
@scorpio yes even mine's in tone with the seats. They are not half as durable though.
i was at car accessory shop the other day, saw white rubber or plastic mats in the shop for 200-300 bucks, thinking of getting them.
Old 15th April 2010, 18:39   #296
BANNED

Quote:
@e-biz I think the mud flaps are of good quality. The mats are a let down though. The sound from the suspension didn't come even once when the car was loaded. Like mustang said, I hope it goes away after the suspension softens a bit.

The carpet mats that came with my Civic is still in very good condition after 3.5years. But I don't think the one in the Figo will last 6 months.
@Mustang The mats that came with the essential pack are carpet type for the passengers and rubber for the boot. I don't think rubber mats were there as an option.
I am not too sure about the figo but for other ford cars you can tell the dealer that the free mats should be rubber ones. They are very much available & can last decades. The also have an deep embossed pattern which looks really good & also gives good grip for your feet.

Quote:
I doubt that the fiesta ones will fit. Have you seen the rubber ones? They are not those flat average rubber mats.
Old 15th April 2010, 23:45   #297
BHPian

Default thump

The front suspension sound at low speeds is a perennial problem with all fords.though the sound may be loud,the bump is not transmitted into the cabin.I dont think the sound will come down on softening the suspension.Its been there 4 yrs now on mine.Anyway at speeds above 80 the suspension literally swallows everything.
aditya116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 07:01   #298
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
The front suspension sound at low speeds is a perennial problem with all fords.though the sound may be loud,the bump is not transmitted into the cabin.I dont think the sound will come down on softening the suspension.Its been there 4 yrs now on mine.Anyway at speeds above 80 the suspension literally swallows everything.
The sound usually comes from the rear suspension.
Old 16th April 2010, 14:46   #299
BHPian

@scorpio For the whole set? That's cheap! Are they any good?

@aditya @mustang I think the sound comes only when the front suspension lifts off the ground suddenly and the struts are fully extended. I don't think it's coming from the rear.

@Mustang I haven't seen the rubber mats for the Fiesta. Hope a similar one is available for the Figo.

Last edited by joethomasv : 16th April 2010 at 14:48.
Old 16th April 2010, 14:52   #300
BANNED

Quote:
@Mustang I haven't seen the rubber mats for the Fiesta. Hope a similar one is available for the Figo.
I saw a pic of the fiesta/fusion rubber mat on team-bhp itself. The pic is not very clear, it looks really neat & is jet black in color.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...009-small-.jpg