Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 18:07   #361
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,735
Thanked: 89,304 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I am tall and felt some amount of discomfort (foot pain) in Santro especially in clutch & braking after a long drive. But I did not have any problem in M800.
You did, because of the Santro's pedal arrangement. It's weird (to say the least) & aren't comfortable to use at all.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 18:11   #362
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 329
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hi there, I too have a figo at home. Wanted to know where is the radiator fan in the engine compartment? The fan that I see clearly on the front side is the evaporator fan (AC) but i am not able to figure out the radiator fan location.
I think there's no separate fan for the radiator. It's a much larger fan and makes a lot of noise.
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 18:37   #363
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Congrats on the Figo, hows the performance? By the Ford vehicles use a single 2-speed fan for radiator & condenser cooling. What u see is the one u are looking for. Cheers!!

Joy
joyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 19:00   #364
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
What about getting in and out. I guess with the low steering position and the steering adjustment option missing, getting in and out might not be that easy for people with long legs.
My driver needs to pull the seat forward all the way. When he leaves it like that, I have trouble getting in. But getting out never has been a problem for me.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 20:41   #365
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 329
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Thanks Joyray. That's a two speed fan? That explains the sudden increase in noise often. I've covered 4500 kms so far and I'm very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyray View Post
Congrats on the Figo, hows the performance? By the Ford vehicles use a single 2-speed fan for radiator & condenser cooling. What u see is the one u are looking for. Cheers!!

Joy
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 16:19   #366
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Which is the ideal seat position to drive in, for a person with just about average height?
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 12:20   #367
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

@Indizen - It is a personal choice & experience. Set a position which is convenient where you have comfortable seating, stretching of legs,operation of pedals, position to access controls, and the most important - a perfect and maximum possible view and 10'o clock steering position. You may not be right at the first time, one or two drives will get the best position.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 17:13   #368
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Thanks for the tip. Normally I drive with the seat in the maximum forward position!
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 23:20   #369
BHPian
 
kage9091's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 58
Thanked: Once
Smile Execllent post joethomas, thanks.

@joethomas: Congratulations for your new Figo. I have been following your initial ownership report on Figo TDCi Titanium for the past one month. It's been my dream to own this car after reading your report and seeing your excellent pictures.

I have booked a Figo 1.4 TDCi (Diamond White with Coral IP ) with South City Ford (Noida) on 12th April. I'm waiting in anticipation to have it delivered to me.

I was waiting for my Team-BHP membership approval and finally got it yesterday. This enables me to thank you for your post. It rocks!
kage9091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 23:37   #370
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage9091 View Post

I have booked a Figo 1.4 TDCi (Diamond White with Coral IP ) with South City Ford (Noida) on 12th April. I'm waiting in anticipation to have it delivered to me.
Even I'm waiting for my diamond Titanium to be delivered as early as possible!
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 23:53   #371
BHPian
 
kage9091's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 58
Thanked: Once
Cool @Indizen010: Great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Even I'm waiting for my diamond Titanium to be delivered as early as possible!
Hey Indizen010, that makes two more would be owners of the Diamond White Figo, TDCi. Figo looks stunning in white!

I'm planning alloys, immediately after the delivery. I have to search around for good ones.

I day dream about my Figo now.

Might get the delivery in next 10 days according to the dealership. Fingers crossed.
kage9091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 21:52   #372
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 329
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Thanks kage9091. And congrats on the booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage9091 View Post
@joethomas: Congratulations for your new Figo. I have been following your initial ownership report on Figo TDCi Titanium for the past one month. It's been my dream to own this car after reading your report and seeing your excellent pictures.

I have booked a Figo 1.4 TDCi (Diamond White with Coral IP ) with South City Ford (Noida) on 12th April. I'm waiting in anticipation to have it delivered to me.

I was waiting for my Team-BHP membership approval and finally got it yesterday. This enables me to thank you for your post. It rocks!
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 11:29   #373
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

Hey Joe. What are the updates. Has been quite some time.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 22:24   #374
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 329
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Hey Joe. What are the updates. Has been quite some time.
Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm 150 kms away from the car for the last couple of weeks. My father took over the Figo and I'm left with the Civic.
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 14:54   #375
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage9091 View Post
Hey Indizen010, that makes two more would be owners of the Diamond White Figo, TDCi. Figo looks stunning in white!

I'm planning alloys, immediately after the delivery. I have to search around for good ones.

I day dream about my Figo now.

Might get the delivery in next 10 days according to the dealership. Fingers crossed.
The dealer has promised to deliver my car on 29th May.
It is in transit from Chennai as of now.
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Figo 1.2 DuraTec Titanium - Initial Ownership Review nishantbhatia84 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 41 27th March 2015 16:58
Ford Figo White TDCi Titanium - Initial Ownership Report rohing Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 28th March 2012 12:18
Ford Figo TDCI Titanium. Sea Grey. 1500Kms report and initial experience charansuki Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 24th August 2011 12:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks