Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd March 2010, 22:22   #106
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
When compared to the Figo's handling, the Civic handles like a boat.
That's something coming from a Civic owner. I am simply amazed.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:26   #107
BHPian

@aditya116 I'm pretty sure about it. I'm using one for the past 3 years/55000 kms. I'm not sure about the facelifted Civic though. They have stiffened the suspension a bit.
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:33   #108
BHPian

Guess that boils down to the hydraulic steering feel of ford which is quite immacculate.By the way wont upsizing your tyre void the warranty?

Last edited by aditya116 : 22nd March 2010 at 22:35. Reason: spelling
aditya116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:37   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When compared to the Figo's handling, the Civic handles like a boat.

Really, that good?
I have got to test drive the Figo soon! I'm becoming more and more tempted!
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:53   #110
Senior - BHPian

Joe congratulations on the Figo. Lovely set of pictures, white looks awesome !!

I find a lot of similarity to Fiesta right from the AC knobs to many parts. Overall its a stunning sporty interior. My doubt: does the red dashboard reflect more on the front windshield on a bright day (compared to a black dashboard) ? Personally I dont even keep a tissue box or anything similar on my fiesta dashboard as the reflection distracts me bigtime. May be its just a matter of getting used to.

Enjoy the drive, please keep this thread active. I had sent one of my neighbours to the ford showroom for finalising the fiesta diesel. He came back complaining that the sales guys are too busy with Figo and not even interested talking about other models. That sounds funny and weird !!

Last edited by shajufx : 22nd March 2010 at 22:55.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:53   #111
BHPian

@aditya116, @oss, @anekho I always felt the Fords handled better than the Civic. The Civic's suspension is tuned for ride quality and that's a shame. The sales guy at Cosmic Honda told me the other day that after Honda stiffened the suspension on the new Civic, customers are complaining about the bad ride quality. Guess you can't have it all. I have no compalints about the Honda's steerting though. It's just that the suspension can't keep up with it. Maybe a visit to Pete's will help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Joe congratulations on the Figo. Lovely set of pictures, white looks awesome !!

I find a lot of similarity to Fiesta right from the AC knobs to many parts. Overall its a stunning sporty interior. My doubt: does the red dashboard reflect more on the front windshield on a bright day (compared to a black dashboard) ? Personally I dont even keep a tissue box or anything similar on my fiesta dashboard as the reflection distracts me bigtime. May be its just a matter of getting used to.

Enjoy the drive, please keep this thread active. I had sent one of my neighbours to the ford showroom for finalising the fiesta diesel. He came back complaining that the sales guys are too busy with Figo and not even interested talking about other models. That sounds funny and weird !!
Thanks Shaju. Your ownership review was a great help. The red dash is actually less distracting. I didn't have any problem with it from day one.

I guess the sales guys just assumes that everyone's there for the Figo!
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:39   #112
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Joe. Awesome pics. Your thread might prompt more white Figo buyers. Hows the gearshift quality? I heard its based on Ikon's gearbox and not Fiesta's gearbox.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:52   #113
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Congrats Joe. Awesome pics. Your thread might prompt more white Figo buyers. Hows the gearshift quality? I heard its based on Ikon's gearbox and not Fiesta's gearbox.
Yes. both Ikon & Figo have IB5 gear box.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:00   #114
BHPian

is there any difference in petrol vs diesel figo when it comes to AC cooling. ??
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:27   #115
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
is there any difference in petrol vs diesel figo when it comes to AC cooling. ??
I think they use the same compressor and should not be any difference.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:03   #116
BHPian

Question

Ok the first hiccup-

Half way between my home and Thekkady the battery warning lamp lit up. I was in the middle of nowhere, somewhere near the Idukki dam. I thought I blew some fuse and called up the emergency helpline number. They said they'll come to thekkady to check the car and asked me to drive with the ac switched off. I also checked the fuse but nothing seemed wrong with them.

Within half an hour, I got a call from Chennai! That was fast. I don't know who exactly called but he wanted to know if I'll reach my destination and offered to arrange another car for temporary use. He knew mine was among the first batch of Figos released in Kerala. I told him I'll reach Thekkady in 20 minutes and hung up. As soon as I reached Thekkady, he called up again and said a replacement vehicle is not available, but offered to foot the bill if I needed to take a taxi. Also, he thought it will be a minor issue but to make sure, they want to take the car back to Cochin.

I fiddled with the fuse box some more, removed the fuse and put it back in again and the light went off! But I'm not 100% sure that was the issue. Drove the car for around 40 kms and there was no issue. I called up Kairali Ford service and told them the light is no longer on and will call them if it comes back on. But the service manager called back and insisted they take a look at the car just to make sure. I guess he had strict instructions from Chennai. I thought not to take any chances and agreed to send the car back. That's the story so far. The guy will be here to pick up the car in an hour. Hope they'll figure out what's wrong. I don't want any surprises on my way to Coorg in two weeks.
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:18   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok the first hiccup-
Thats real bad news on a brand new car and your first trip. But Ford support seems to be real good. I guess today was a BAD day for Figoians. I too had my first scratch from a KSRTC Bus
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:27   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Ok the first hiccup-

This could mean only one out of the following :

1) Loose/malfunctioning fuse
2) Malfunctioning alternator
3) Battery overcharge/problem.

Not a cause of major worry. Lets hope it gets sorted out soon.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:51   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thats real bad news on a brand new car and your first trip. But Ford support seems to be real good. I guess today was a BAD day for Figoians. I too had my first scratch from a KSRTC Bus
I'm sure it's nothing major. But I guess they don't want to take any chances. A stranded Figo is going to be really bad advertisement. Yes Ford support is exceptional so far. I didn't expect this much. They just took the car back to the service centre.

Yes I saw the scratch pictures. I know how it feels. I've opened my brand new lancer's door right into a passing auto a few years back. It took a month to get it fixed.
You can get the paint fixed in a day or two right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
This could mean only one out of the following :

1) Loose/malfunctioning fuse
2) Malfunctioning alternator
3) Battery overcharge/problem.

Not a cause of major worry. Lets hope it gets sorted out soon.
I hope it's the loose fuse.I don't want anything faulty in a brand new car, that too a newly launched one.
Loved the service though.
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:46   #120
Senior - BHPian

The Figo looks real good in white. Congratulations. So how is the drive ?? I have heard a lot of nice things from people who Test drove it. So I guess you are the few Lucky "early birds" , I think this is one car that will make Ford India blush all the way to the bank

Great Choice !!

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote