Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th March 2010, 11:06   #1
BHPian

Default My Indica Vista Aura Plus Quadrajet(Arctic Silver) Arrived

So, once again I am at t-bhp after a long time. Finally my new Tata Indica Vista Aura Plus Quadrajet(Arctic Silver) has arrived on 18-03-2010.
Well, it was a tough decision to make as which hatchback to go for. The hunt started in the first week of February and honestly, Indica Vista was no where in the list in my probable new hatchback car. The main focus was on safety, economy and comfort. Narrowed down the choice to i20 astra petrol and decided to wait for Fortd Figo and VW Polo. Once again t-bhp informed about the new Indica Vista with ABS and Airbags, so it was added to the list.
Its a long story about my TD of Ford Figo and VW Polo, but to cut short, we all fell in love for the new Indica Vista Aura Plus Quadrajet and booked the car.
I will post the pics and my detail review of this in a day or two.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 11:37   #2
BHPian

Congratulations nehamit!
Do post your review and pictures as soon as possible.
aman9393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 13:06   #3
BHPian

Congratulations are in order, nehamit. I believe this is the first Vista Aura+ review on T-BHP. Waiting eagerly for some snaps and your review.
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 13:34   #4
BANNED

thats a pleasant surprise DOC, many congratulations on your new buy and hope it serves you well in your ownership period.Pictures awaited, and am sure must have brought from Aspi.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 13:51   #5

Contrats!
I'm looking fwd to your review on the new car. Also, please do mention why did you not buy Figo or Polo and instead went for the Vista +.

Happy and Safe driving!
bhutanigautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 12:44   #6
BHPian

Default Initial Ownership Experience and Pics

So, I am here again with the initial 500 Km. driving experience. But First some photographs. Please note that I have tried to avoid general photos and concentrated on the features of Aura+ variant only.

Ready For The Delivery

Name:  DSC03858.JPG
Views: 5097
Size:  227.9 KB

Name:  DSC03859.JPG
Views: 4984
Size:  126.6 KB

Name:  DSC03864.JPG
Views: 5006
Size:  172.1 KB

Front SRS Airbags

Name:  DSC03878.JPG
Views: 4999
Size:  134.0 KB

Name:  DSC03879.JPG
Views: 4961
Size:  136.8 KB

Passanger side Airbag Activation/Deactivation Switch

Name:  DSC03880.JPG
Views: 5064
Size:  98.5 KB

Interior Upholstery

Name:  DSC03884.JPG
Views: 4793
Size:  112.5 KB

Sporty Gear Knob

Name:  DSC03885.JPG
Views: 4817
Size:  105.9 KB

Illuminated Key Insert Ring

Name:  DSC03886.JPG
Views: 4727
Size:  85.4 KB

Name:  DSC03888.JPG
Views: 4631
Size:  94.1 KB

BLUE5 ICE System

Name:  DSC03877.JPG
Views: 5031
Size:  99.8 KB

Name:  DSC03890.JPG
Views: 4610
Size:  73.1 KB

Name:  DSC03891.JPG
Views: 4824
Size:  73.3 KB

As mentioned earlier, we did test drove the Ford Figo, VW Polo, Swift VDi, Ritz VDi, i20 and finally went for Vista Aura+. This car is mainly for city plus short highway trips. We did not like the exterior and interior of Figo, Swift and Ritz. Polo is fine but without features. Heard about this new launch from TATA and waited to see the car in flash. Booked it and finally got it on 18/03/2010.
TATA has improved a lot as far as interiors are concerned. Really very good fit and finish of all parts. Plastics are good and seat upholstery is also good. I would definitely say that the fit and finish is far superior than the earlier vistas as my fried has one of the first Vista here. Features are well thought of. Still boot lamp is missing in this variant, the highest one and its there in Xeta.
Engine is tuned for city and highway drive and is responsive to a great extent.
More in next post some time today evening.
Old 25th March 2010, 13:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Did you intentionally skip the other FIAT? Punto was not present in your list. Any specific reason (service, issues) etc?
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 13:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Did you intentionally skip the other FIAT? Punto was not present in your list. Any specific reason (service, issues) etc?
Well, Punto was very much in my list but not in my children's list as the same interior like Linea. Frankly speaking, I would have gone for Punto MJD E+ if I had not gone for the Linea last year. I gave this feedback to Fiat representative on 13/03/2010 when I visited free camp by Fiat and requested them to launch various variants with different interior.
Old 25th March 2010, 16:02   #9
BHPian

Great buy and nice to see the illuminated key ring. That has troubled me a lot. How are the music system and speakers when compared to the earlier vistas? Also did they give keyless entry with this variant?

The upholstery and gear knob look the same as the older Vista, do you see any specific difference? I see even the same raised kinks on the silver finish of the gear knob. :P
herculesksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 17:23   #10
BHPian

Congratulations on the Vista. I don't know about others but I love the looks of the car and with ABS and airbags this is one of the most VFM hatchbacks ever.
The only grouse ( I know - we drive a Vista aura) is the pathetic boot space for a car of this size but if you overlook that, nothing comes close.
chennai-indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 17:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Well, Punto was very much in my list but not in my children's list as the same interior like Linea. Frankly speaking, I would have gone for Punto MJD E+ if I had not gone for the Linea last year. I gave this feedback to Fiat representative on 13/03/2010 when I visited free camp by Fiat and requested them to launch various variants with different interior.
Hmmm right. The main thing is you have got the right engine
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 18:42   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Great buy and nice to see the illuminated key ring. That has troubled me a lot. How are the music system and speakers when compared to the earlier vistas? Also did they give keyless entry with this variant?
Yes, there is keyless entry. Also, music system is better than earlier vista, I'll cover this in my later post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Congratulations on the Vista. I don't know about others but I love the looks of the car and with ABS and airbags this is one of the most VFM hatchbacks ever. The only grouse ( I know - we drive a Vista aura) is the pathetic boot space for a car of this size but if you overlook that, nothing comes close.
Boot space is pathetic, but I have Linea to take care of this!
Old 25th March 2010, 23:42   #13
BHPian

congrats on your new car
how long did you have to wait after booking for delivery
san2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 00:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Yes, there is keyless entry. Also, music system is better than earlier vista, I'll cover this in my later post.
Boot space is pathetic, but I have Linea to take care of this!
First of all, congratulations for your new buy. I have maintained that the Tata-Fiat venture has the best product line among all car companies in India.
It has something for everyone.

Your choice fits in perfectly. Enjoy your new acquisitions.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 12:11   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san2 View Post
congrats on your new car
how long did you have to wait after booking for delivery
20 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
First of all, congratulations for your new buy. I have maintained that the Tata-Fiat venture has the best product line among all car companies in India. It has something for everyone.
Your choice fits in perfectly. Enjoy your new acquisitions.
Thanks for compliments.
Now, more about this new baby on Indian hatchback scene. I have heard that people are impressed with Figo's AC that it cools instantly. Here, let me say, the AC with my Aura+ Vista is also a super efficient one. I am in Ahmedabad where normal day time temp. is always between 36-43 degree celcius about 10 months a year and the AC just chills the cabin in no time. My Vista is usually parked under direct sun light for almost 4 hours everyday at my work place so one can imagine the actual temp. inside. The headlight aligning up and down by the driver is also very good and it is the best one among the all hatchbacks I have test driven.