Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th March 2010, 22:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Great that you got the car registered .
I think the floor mats might not be properly placed , it looks like the right hand side mat might have been placed on the left hand side by mistake, this is what i felt from the 2nd picture.
And wanted to know if there is any "low fuel indicator" in the car. Oh !! it might be a too early for you to notice , might be someone who owns a Ritz for sometime might answer that .

Anyways enjoy
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 23:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Great that you got the car registered .
I think the floor mats might not be properly placed , it looks like the right hand side mat might have been placed on the left hand side by mistake, this is what i felt from the 2nd picture.
And wanted to know if there is any "low fuel indicator" in the car. Oh !! it might be a too early for you to notice , might be someone who owns a Ritz for sometime might answer that .

Anyways enjoy
Please see the picture od dial. You will notice small lines indicating fuel. Like we have in cell phones for battery or signal strength. if the last line start blinking it means it is indicating refueling required urgently.

Star
Supercool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 23:41   #18
BHPian

Congrats Supercool on getting Ritz, a VFM car! Happy smile & miles for the years to come!
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 00:07   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car, and welcome to the Ritz family. I own a Ritz diesel myself.

The car looks good and handsome, but the black side strips look a little out of place on the silver. A very neatly installed gear lock. Do you know what brand is the gear lock? I'm looking to have one installed in my car as well.

I don't recall you mentioning anything about the AC. I found it very effective. My car is black and even when I'm in Chennai's scorching afternoons, I only need to have the AC blower at 3 for about 15 minutes and then it becomes cool enough to come down to 2 or 1. How's it been in the Gurgaon heat?

Wish you a peaceful ownership and drive safe.
tintin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 21:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin82 View Post
Congratulations on the new car, and welcome to the Ritz family. I own a Ritz diesel myself.

The car looks good and handsome, but the black side strips look a little out of place on the silver. A very neatly installed gear lock. Do you know what brand is the gear lock? I'm looking to have one installed in my car as well.

I don't recall you mentioning anything about the AC. I found it very effective. My car is black and even when I'm in Chennai's scorching afternoons, I only need to have the AC blower at 3 for about 15 minutes and then it becomes cool enough to come down to 2 or 1. How's it been in the Gurgaon heat?

Wish you a peaceful ownership and drive safe.
Thanks tintin82. I found AC really effective. Here in Delhi, its no so hot as yet al least morning and evenings are ok. The gear lock is autocop. Got it from Maruti it self.
Today, I took the car to office. Return drive was around 80 kms. I found mileage is really impressive.

I need your guidance on following things:

I am using premium diesel. How about you.

How often do you check engiene oil?

Do you think indicator for diesel on dial gives correct reading. I mean so far i have purcased Diesel worth Rs. 1500/- sorry do not remember quantity. I have clocked 560 kms so far and still three lines are visible which means 1/4th tank full. Well bit surprising as I do not think a new car could have that good mileage.

Thanks in advance

Supercool
Old 31st March 2010, 11:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
I am using premium diesel. How about you.
I use regular diesel, although I fill her up in Shell. Use regular fuel, as such all metros will be getting Euro IV fuel shortly, and they are much better.

Quote:
How often do you check engiene oil?
I check the level and consistency everytime I go on a long drive, that's about once a month.

Quote:
Do you think indicator for diesel on dial gives correct reading. I mean so far i have purcased Diesel worth Rs. 1500/- sorry do not remember quantity. I have clocked 560 kms so far and still three lines are visible which means 1/4th tank full. Well bit surprising as I do not think a new car could have that good mileage.
It's fairly accurate. I got excellent mileage right from start. And highway mileage was unbeatable, I fill up the tank, drive about 800 km highway and come back to the city and do a week's run locally.

Run her in well. Don't cross 100 until about 5000 kms are up. Change engine oil during the first service, even though the SA will tell you it's not recommended. I also had the oil filter changed. Change the fuel filter every 5000 km as fuel in India is notorious for impurities.

I plan to change to synthetic oil after 1000 km and have the Pete's tuning box installed. I find the driveability in the second gear bad especially in traffic.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I plan to change to synthetic oil after 1000 km and have the Pete's tuning box installed. I find the driveability in the second gear bad especially in traffic.
Thanks Tintin. I agree driveability in the second and even third gear is not great. I was feeling that this is first time I am driving diesel car therefore not used to it.

What else you think I should do in the first service. Will get oil changed and the filters as well.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:42   #23
BHPian

Dear Tintin,

Would like to know one more thing. Are you planning to change the tyres. I guess wider tyres would be more effective. Though, I have not faced any problems as yet either on highway (covered around 400 kms) or in the city drive, I still feel wider tyres would give better grip.

On highway i drove at 120 km/hr for few kms. I think i should have not done that.

Thanks

Supercool
Old 1st April 2010, 10:31   #24
BHPian

Oh Yes! Keep tyre upgrade a top priority. For the speeds this car can run, and the tall boy design, you need better tyres.

I switched to 185 Michelin XM1+. They are rated highly and offer great handling and grip.
Old 1st April 2010, 10:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.

How much did you get for your car from True Value. I generally feel they offer a much lower value than what you can get from outside.

Try to take pics that are a little zoomed out, else it is too close to appreciate

But neat car and congrats again
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 09:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Oh Yes! Keep tyre upgrade a top priority. For the speeds this car can run, and the tall boy design, you need better tyres.

I switched to 185 Michelin XM1+. They are rated highly and offer great handling and grip.
What about the existing tyres. I am sure need to change the rim as well to fit wider tyres. Sorry If I am asking stupid questions but never had upgraded tyres so bit confused.
Old 4th April 2010, 16:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please see the picture od dial. You will notice small lines indicating fuel. Like we have in cell phones for battery or signal strength. if the last line start blinking it means it is indicating refueling required urgently.

Star
Oh ok , also when the same starts blinking much approx fuel will be still left in tank.
Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 19:50   #28
BHPian

Default 1000 km done

Friends,

In 2 weeks i have clocked 1000 kms on Ritz Diesel. Wow the kind of mileage you get from this great machine that too running on diesel is amazing. I mean sometimes I feel the fule indicator is not showing the reading. Called the dealer couple of times to tell that fuel indicator is not functioning properly.

What I liked in the car so far.

Space inside and seating comfort

Mileage

Driving in the city and even on Highways

Responsive engine

Effective AC

Music - kenwood is a good buy.

What i do not like?

Breaks are effective but need some time to get adjusted

As it is diesel car you need to shift to 2nd gear often in Delhi traffic

Overall, I would say Ritz is good car to buy. Interestingly, these days I find so many Ritzs on roads in Delhi. Might be car is getting popular now.

Guys any tips for first service. Due this saturday.

Thanks
Old 10th April 2010, 20:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi Supercool,

It is a good car and in case of break I did not come across any problem with the break issue. I have the RITZ VDI with ABS. Due to ABS I think I did not feel the breAK ISSUE.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 23:03   #30
BHPian

Default First service Experience

Guys,

Last week went for first service of Ritz Ldi. Just in 2 hours 30 minutes I got my car back.

Engine oil was changed. To my surprise and frustration, the service advisor was only bothered conviencing me to go for tefflon coating. He never asked me if I am facing any problems or anything

No idea why Maruti cannot train service advisors to focus more on technical issues rather than selling accessories.

Supercool