Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 12:31   #121
Senior - BHPian

@Trrk, many thanks for the regular updates !

My Dad and I are going to test drive the Manza tomorrow. But he is more interested in the petrol version, considering the budget he has set aside for the purchase. Hopefully there should be another Manza within the T-Bhp family very soon
Old 20th July 2010, 12:51   #122
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
My Dad and I are going to test drive the Manza tomorrow. But he is more interested in the petrol version,
I have driven the petrol version for about 2km to compare the ride against a Safari in one stretch of road.

I liked the engine, but not economical for my running!

All the best.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:53   #123
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I took 10 minutes to go about 200 metres in my town recently. Courtesy, the private bus, I reached home early.

I took off after the private bus. To reach my house 600m ahead, I took a route which added 1.5km to that.

Block courtesy a political party meeting!
Old 20th July 2010, 16:45   #124
BHPian

trrk - video#1 above is blocked by youtube.
Btw, out of curiosity, what language are you conversing in the video? I could trace a mix of malayalam,tamil and telugu.
Old 20th July 2010, 18:27   #125
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
trrk - video#1 above is blocked by Youtube.
Yes, I was informed by someone to whom I sent that link. Though it is not a very interesting video, I did make a shorter version and posted it there.

I have to use a car camera that I bought occasionally! From where we were at the start to the point where that red bus (coming in from a side road) we took about 9 minutes. Finally I turned into that road and left the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Btw, out of curiosity, what language are you conversing in the video? I could trace a mix of malayalam,tamil and telugu.
Now you are getting me into trouble.

My mother tongue is Telugu. Since my forefathers are from the south of Tamil Nadu, the language is mixed up with Tamil and I (even my mother) was born and brought up here, Malayalam also got into it.

Most of my daughter's generation here hardly talk whatever we feel is Telugu, but I was determined that she should know it.

I cannot read or write Telugu. My father knew the alphabets. Likewise I know Kannada (to speak / understand) after being in Belgaum for six years.

Sorry, folks, for that dead link. I forgot about the 10 minute limit.

Last edited by trrk : 20th July 2010 at 18:29.
Old 24th July 2010, 18:35   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

On May 20th, I finished the 2nd free service.

Attachment 388564

Attachment 388565

The brake fluid 'leak' never reappeared and I think it was just an overfilled brake oil container.

The sound at the rear was something loose in the boot and has been successfully contained.

What a relief! I managed to post this before the car goes for the third free service.

Bonus images:

Bharanganam Church:
Attachment 388577

On the road to Kannur:
Attachment 388578
This place was started as an initiative of the Kerala Tourism Department with private partnership for tourists. Nice place and good food.
TRRK please let us know if the engine oil finally gets changed at 10,000 kms or not. I am also quite dissatisfied with the stock horns in addition to the lights. I am planning to in for either Roots Megasonic or Hella Redgrill after researching on the net incl this site. As far as the lights are concerned my electrician told me the the smaller(compared to Indica) high beam tube (bulb) does not come in 100 W. So I'm sticking to the stock bulbs for the time being but the search continues.

TRRK your photographs were also pretty nice. I was quite amused by the Menu on the Restaurant's signboard, Whats a Broasted Chicken? any idea sir, we don't get it here. North Indians will also be amused the way Thanthoori Chicken has been spelt, back here we spell it as Tandoori Chicken. Well, to each his own....
Hey amit, got my second service done at Autolinks Vasant Kunj, not so good but less bad than Sanya, is all I can say! I've answered your mileage query back on my thread.

Last edited by windiesel : 24th July 2010 at 18:38. Reason: Damn grammar again!
Old 24th July 2010, 19:31   #127
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
TRRK please let us know if the engine oil finally gets changed at 10,000 kms or not.
I will kill the service advisor if he changes it!

Quote:
I am also quite dissatisfied with the stock horns in addition to the lights.
I am happy with the lights for the speeds that I drive, especially the dipped beam.

Horn? The only time I use it is to alert my watchman to open the gates. I do not use the horn elsewhere.

Quote:
TRRK your photographs were also pretty nice. I was quite amused by the Menu on the Restaurant's signboard, Whats a Broasted Chicken? any idea sir, we don't get it here. North Indians will also be amused the way Thanthoori Chicken has been spelt, back here we spell it as Tandoori Chicken. Well, to each his own....
In most other places, it is 'Tandoori' for us too!

Though I have not really tried the 'broasted' chicken there or anywhere, in my place it is marketed like any other 'branded' fried chicken at least from the looks of it.

Will update you if and when I get to taste the 'broasted' chicken.

Thanks for appreciating the photographs!
Old 24th July 2010, 21:53   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
1. I will kill the service advisor if he changes it!
2. I am happy with the lights for the speeds that I drive, especially the dipped beam.Horn? The only time I use it is to alert my watchman to open the gates. I do not use the horn elsewhere.
3.In most other places, it is 'Tandoori' for us too!Though I have not really tried the 'broasted' chicken there or anywhere, in my place it is marketed like any other 'branded' fried chicken at least from the looks of it.Will update you if and when I get to taste the 'broasted' chicken.
Thanks for appreciating the photographs!
1. I'll lend you my Colt to make it simpler, just give him two in the chest and one in the head, SAS style!!
2. No wonder they say Kerala is the land of educated people. Here in Delhi we are surrounded by uneducated, uncouth Gujjars etc of the many urban villages in Delhi, driving DTC buses and call center cabs like men possessed. And once you venture into the badlands of UP, it's mayhem sir!! You just gotta have locomotive quality horns and aircraft quality lights to keep them at bay!!
3. I'll look fwd for some gyan on Broasted Chicken.
Old 24th July 2010, 23:06   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. I'll lend you my Colt to make it simpler, just give him two in the chest and one in the head, SAS style!!
2. No wonder they say Kerala is the land of educated people. Here in Delhi we are surrounded by uneducated, uncouth Gujjars etc of the many urban villages in Delhi, driving DTC buses and call center cabs like men possessed. And once you venture into the badlands of UP, it's mayhem sir!! You just gotta have locomotive quality horns and aircraft quality lights to keep them at bay!!
3. I'll look fwd for some gyan on Broasted Chicken.
So True.
Only God can drive in this city without honking and even he may get tempted 100 times!

Well the advisor tried to add Top up oils and coolant in the second service but i denied doing that.
Mileage was reported as low and after service has gone more low. It was 13 earlier and now 12. I just dont know what to do!

Overall just the time taken was too much rest service is satisfactory.

Am disaapointed by the beam and horn myself. IMHO my old indigo had better high beam and horn.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:48   #130
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

My Manza has gone for its 10000kms service on the 30th to Concorde Motors, Ernakulam. For a change, it was taken by my driver.

Since he was needed back here, the car was arranged to be there itself waiting for pick up later.

With my driver not being free, the earliest I can get the car back would be tomorrow.

All fluids were checked before sending and were found to be in correct levels.

Will update as and when the car comes with the bills etc. The only complaint was that the power window swich for the left door on the driver's door was working only for the upward movement.

I was informed that the necessary part would be available only in a fortnight's time.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:16   #131
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Only today the driver was free to go and get the Manza after service.

Only wheel alignment was asked to be done. No wheel balancing or rotation.

The bill was Rs. 350 for wheel alignment and Rs 200 as consumables.

No, the oil was not changed. The service advisor did not even suggest it. Good for him. The same fellow as last time.
Old 7th August 2010, 23:49   #132
Senior - BHPian

in swift there is a wild boost at 1700rpm. how do you compare that to the way the same engine is retuned to 90bhp on the manza doc? and where exactly does a 75 bhp to 90 bhp difference make an impact can you explain?

btw i did notice also that the turning radius is 5.1m as compared to swift's 4.7m. the space - tata is the undisputed leader in that!
Old 8th August 2010, 10:29   #133
Senior - BHPian

R.I.P trrk !

@all - trrk sir is no more with us to give updates. He left us all with a humongous void no one can fill.

His Obituary - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-obituary.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks