Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 10:52   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Hey I observed one think with the music system in the car. I am using a USB pen drive as the source and I have set "Folder random" play mode. Somehow I feel that the player doesn't randomize properly, some tracks get repeated even before all the tracks have been played once. Anybody noticed this?
vnk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 11:19   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Blr
Posts: 649
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
Hey I observed one think with the music system in the car. I am using a USB pen drive as the source and I have set "Folder random" play mode. Somehow I feel that the player doesn't randomize properly, some tracks get repeated even before all the tracks have been played once. Anybody noticed this?
Ya right, Random is just some random calculation, Even while playing Win Amp is PC songs gets repeated many time.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 14:24   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Ya right, Random is just some random calculation, Even while playing Win Amp is PC songs gets repeated many time.
The blaupukt system in my previous car didn't repeat till it had played all the files. Boy I miss that wonderful system....

Any ways...I am going to get an IPOD soon. I guess that should take care of it.
vnk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 00:03   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Finaly I got the leather seats done from Karlsson, Indiranagar. It cost me 26K. Since the interiors are beige in color, I didn't find any other color that suits the interior, hence I had to go with beige leather seats. I think I am going to have a tough time maintaining it.. ..Why did Honda do this...

I am attaching the pics. Please forgive the bad lighting.
Attached Thumbnails
All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3345.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3348.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3349.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3350.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3358.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3360.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3361.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3363.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3365.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3366.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3368.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3370.jpg  

All mine, All New Honda City!-img_3373.jpg  

vnk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 09:12   #35
BHPian
 
hrmanju1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 184
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey vnk, congrats on your car! Enjoy Maadi.
hrmanju1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 09:26   #36
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Nice leather there. Congratulations.
just OT, these days I have started to realize the necessity of an AT against MT. Is anyone aware if the converstion from MT->AT is possible and how much it costs if it is?
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 09:27   #37
BHPian
 
Praveen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 54
Thanked: Once
Default

Wow. The fit & finish is superb. Worth the money your paid.
Praveen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 09:45   #38
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 845
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

What seats!! Amazing!!!These are just out of this world. Superb fitting.
P.S- It will surely be hard to maintain.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 11:14   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Blr
Posts: 649
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Nice leather there. Congratulations.
just OT, these days I have started to realize the necessity of an AT against MT. Is anyone aware if the converstion from MT->AT is possible and how much it costs if it is?
I am not sure if Honda will change Manual to AT, This might involve change of gear box and clutch system. but i have heard about auto clutch system could be directly fitted, here is the website.

Autoclutch System - Special Automatic Clutch System, Automatic Clutch System, Auto-Clutch System For Cars and Auto Clutch Systems Manufacturer & Exporter
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 11:19   #40
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
I am not sure if Honda will change Manual to AT, This might involve change of gear box and clutch system. but i have heard about auto clutch system could be directly fitted, here is the website.
Thanks Shamanth for a quick response. I did enquire with Honda service and they tell me that such an upgrade is not done by Honda. Although there are options available outside, I rather stay away from them for now.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 11:24   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 149
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

Hi Vnk77
Congratulation on ANHC!! and automatic is a great choice, since coming year this will be the trend.
If the reason of ditching WagonR due to speedbreakers, then u r in for surprise!!
there r good number of threads on ANHC for exchanging notes,welcome to ANHC club
bullock-Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 12:19   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
vasoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 1,031
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

vnk, that looks cool. Congrats on a wonderful car...
vasoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 13:02   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,205
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

The only sad thing about this car is that it does not come with Auto Climate Control. Hope I am right here?

Which I find quite surprising in a car of this standard
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 13:51   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
Hey vnk, congrats on your car! Enjoy Maadi.
Thanks Manju. Long time since I heard from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Nice leather there. Congratulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveen1 View Post
Wow. The fit & finish is superb. Worth the money your paid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
What seats!! Amazing!!!These are just out of this world. Superb fitting.
P.S- It will surely be hard to maintain.
Thanks all. Karlssons seems to be good. He does only one car a day. So you can be assured that he is not going to rush things and screw up. He has even done a leather seat fitment for one of Vijay Mallya's Rolls Royce :-D..Atlease my self and Dr. Mallya have something in common..we both got our respective Rolls Royce done with the same guy...;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post
Hi Vnk77
Congratulation on ANHC!! and automatic is a great choice, since coming year this will be the trend.
If the reason of ditching WagonR due to speedbreakers, then u r in for surprise!!
there r good number of threads on ANHC for exchanging notes,welcome to ANHC club
That was not the only reason. WagonR was ageing and the ride quality was getting worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
vnk, that looks cool. Congrats on a wonderful car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
The only sad thing about this car is that it does not come with Auto Climate Control. Hope I am right here?

Which I find quite surprising in a car of this standard
Thanks. You are right ACC is not there, but I am not exactly missing it.

I am getting FE of about 8.5kmpl in Bangalore. I do about 37KMs everyday and pass through various areas with varying traffic density. I am expecting it to improve to atleast 10kmpl after couple of service. Can you guys please share you FE during the initial run-in period?

Last edited by vnk77 : 5th April 2010 at 13:54.
vnk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 14:22   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 258
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Hey VNK77, i also bought a new ANHC V-MT.During Running in I am getting 11.8 kmpl, although mine is the manual version.
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
And finally she is mine - New Honda City SMT spinks_69 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 7th February 2014 20:23
Good things come in small packages, mine came in the Honda Brio VMT Nomasila Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 3rd June 2012 22:58
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03
Bangalore Autowali....A friend of mine clicked this pic. nevertouchme Street Experiences 31 31st May 2007 13:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks