Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th April 2010, 10:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
Thanks. I enjoy reading your thread. The initial FE of 13kmpl that you got in your ANHC is unbelievable and makes me envious. Was that just City drive or mixed with Highway drive? I manage to get just above 8-8.5kmpls in city drive.
Hi vnk,

Good to know that my ANHC ownership thread was of some use to you.

Within Bangalore, i mostly drive on Ringroad to go to our office. Ring road is filled with lots of traffic and signals. I think there are 17 traffic signals including an award winning jam (sorry, Flyover) at KR Puram everyday. Often i visit my (potential) customers some on mysore road, some in Indiranagar, some in whitefield, sometimes electronic city. Other than this on weekends i drive towards MG road, some relatives place etc

ANHC Engine is one of the efficient ones in the industry today. The Manual transmission (gearbox) is also very efficient. The real time milage indicator acts as a guidance for maximizing the fuel economy.

As your's is Automatic Transmission, you have surrendered the fate of FE to the formulas programed by the honda engineers, where as that of my car are still in my control. This is the only difference between the two cars. i can modify my driving behaviour (softer aspects) based on the external situation a bit more.

You definitely have the advatage of ease of drive in city which is of more importance (if your car will be self driven in foreseeable future)

do not worry much about FE, drive safe, enjoy your drive.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 11:07   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi vnk,

Good to know that my ANHC ownership thread was of some use to you.

Within Bangalore, i mostly drive on Ringroad to go to our office. Ring road is filled with lots of traffic and signals. I think there are 17 traffic signals including an award winning jam (sorry, Flyover) at KR Puram everyday. Often i visit my (potential) customers some on mysore road, some in Indiranagar, some in whitefield, sometimes electronic city. Other than this on weekends i drive towards MG road, some relatives place etc

ANHC Engine is one of the efficient ones in the industry today. The Manual transmission (gearbox) is also very efficient. The real time milage indicator acts as a guidance for maximizing the fuel economy.

As your's is Automatic Transmission, you have surrendered the fate of FE to the formulas programed by the honda engineers, where as that of my car are still in my control. This is the only difference between the two cars. i can modify my driving behaviour (softer aspects) based on the external situation a bit more.

You definitely have the advatage of ease of drive in city which is of more importance (if your car will be self driven in foreseeable future)

do not worry much about FE, drive safe, enjoy your drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Not to worry about the FE figures for now. You will soon get used to the fuel efficient driving style with the help from FE guage. There is a tendency to keep looking at the FE guage initially and can be a distraction, be wary of what is ahead on the road as well. I have experienced this myself. Now am used to it and I don't even look at the FE guage and have managed to get about 12-13.5 in Bangalore traffic. As all memmbers have found out, there is a correction of ~1.4 KMPL needs to be discounted from the actual.
I am trying to modify my driving style and taking the FE indicator as input. I am expecting the FE of at least 10-10.5 after 2-3 services. From my previous experience of Wagon-R and a bike, I just bother about FE for not more than 2-3 months after that its just fill it shut it and forget it. I guess same thing is going to happen with this car also.
Yes the FE indicator is a bit distracting. But quite helpful in improving the driving style.

My daily commute covers Mahalakshmi LO, malleswaram, cantonment, Frazer town, Old madras road and CV Raman nagar. Its about 18KMs one way. I go back home late so not much traffic at that time. Its only in the morning that I take about 1:15 hrs.
vnk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 00:08   #63
BHPian

I got the new car's Smartcard today. To my horror I find that the number printed on the smart card is different from the number plate that the dealer had provided . I used the same number to get an IND number plate and paid Rs. 900 for that. I did a big mistake by not retaining the original number plate so that I could go back to the dealer and fight.

Looking back at 2 weeks of driving the new car, I could have been arrested for using a incorrect number plate!!! I am sure that I used the exact number from the original plate to get the new IND number plates, there was no mistake there.

I will have to call up the guy who fixed the IND number plate and ask him to check if he retains the original number plate and also call up the Honda dealer and fight.

I can't take out my new car out until this is fixed

I feel stupid........
Old 10th April 2010, 07:31   #64
BHPian

Quote:
I got the new car's Smartcard today. To my horror I find that the number printed on the smart card is different from the number plate that the dealer had provided . I used the same number to get an IND number plate and paid Rs. 900 for that. I did a big mistake by not retaining the original number plate so that I could go back to the dealer and fight.

Looking back at 2 weeks of driving the new car, I could have been arrested for using a incorrect number plate!!! I am sure that I used the exact number from the original plate to get the new IND number plates, there was no mistake there.

I will have to call up the guy who fixed the IND number plate and ask him to check if he retains the original number plate and also call up the Honda dealer and fight.

I can't take out my new car out until this is fixed

I feel stupid........
Oh

That's strange.

Didn't you take any snaps while taking the delivery of the car? If so it should have the original plate in case you didn't change.

As a precaution do cross check the engine and chassis number on the RC.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 13:37   #65
BHPian

The dealer who goofed up with numberplate has agreed to give a replacement with correct number. But I will get this only on Monday/Tuesday. Till then can I print the number on a paper, stick it to a cardboard and hang that ? I know it wold look ugly on the ANHC but just for 2 days.

I need to go out of Bangalore tomorrow and its difficult to cancel that trip.
Old 10th April 2010, 16:32   #66
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer who goofed up with numberplate has agreed to give a replacement with correct number. But I will get this only on Monday/Tuesday. Till then can I print the number on a paper, stick it to a cardboard and hang that ? I know it wold look ugly on the ANHC but just for 2 days.

I need to go out of Bangalore tomorrow and its difficult to cancel that trip.
Did you check all the documents before taking the delivery of your car (eg Invoice made, Insurance Policy etc) , specially the number of your car on these documents ?

Last edited by driving_smartly : 10th April 2010 at 16:33.
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 18:30   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Did you check all the documents before taking the delivery of your car (eg Invoice made, Insurance Policy etc) , specially the number of your car on these documents ?
Invoice and Insurance policy does not mention registration number. It mentions Engine and Chassis numbers which are correct.

I just took a print out of the number, stuck to the cardboard which i have screwed it in place of the number plate.....This should serve the purpose till Monday.

Such a nice car with such an ugly number plate....
Old 10th April 2010, 18:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Such a nice car with such an ugly number plate....
Do not worry, it will act as a Tika (in Hindi) or Dristi Bottu (in Kannada)
anyway it is only till Monday.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 22:20   #69
BHPian

Quote:
At times when I shift from "R" mode to "D" mode before the car has come to complete stand still, I hear a "tuck" sort of noise from under chassis. Not sure what is that. But I avoid doing that.
Congrats on your ANHC; this is my favorite color. Yes D <-> R needs a full stop. Also, don't do N->D when the car is moving. BTW, dont worry about FE too much, its made to be red-lined (atleast once a week)
mkc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 13:37   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Do not worry, it will act as a Tika (in Hindi) or Dristi Bottu (in Kannada)
anyway it is only till Monday.
The dealer has agreed to get me a new IND number plate and it will be affixed today.

This of course is a very very serious mistake, but I am impressed by the fact that I did not have to fight too much for the dealer to agree that its their problem and also replace the number plate with the IND plate when they had originally given me a plastic one.

Normally the dealers try to wash their hands off such issues and try to defend that it was not their mistake and not their responsibility.
Old 12th April 2010, 18:14   #71
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer has agreed to get me a new IND number plate and it will be affixed today.

This of course is a very very serious mistake, but I am impressed by the fact that I did not have to fight too much for the dealer to agree that its their problem and also replace the number plate with the IND plate when they had originally given me a plastic one.

Normally the dealers try to wash their hands off such issues and try to defend that it was not their mistake and not their responsibility.
[IMHO] It looks like the dealer mistakenly exchanged number plates on two new cars. It might be the case that one car owner already complained and got his car's number plate replaced so the dealer was well aware that the other owner(you) would be around soon/ sometime.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 18:25   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
[IMHO] It looks like the dealer mistakenly exchanged number plates on two new cars. It might be the case that one car owner already complained and got his car's number plate replaced so the dealer was well aware that the other owner(you) would be around soon/ sometime.
I checked using the 56006 SMS service here, the wrong number is not yet assigned to any vehicle.
Old 17th April 2010, 21:08   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi VNK, Just a doubt on the leathers, does it include the door panels and handrest also?
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 10:43   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hi VNK, Just a doubt on the leathers, does it include the door panels and handrest also?
Yes, It includes the door trims and both front and rear hand rests.
Old 19th April 2010, 10:58   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, It includes the door trims and both front and rear hand rests.
I think it should also include the gear lever.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote