| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|30th March 2010, 11:48||#16|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Thanked: 1,156 Times
Nicely detailed buying experience. Sorry about that scratch - but I guess you were yet to come to terms with your car's width, thus the scratch.
Enjoy your drive, and post your experience.
Get the following to enhance the looks+comfort:
1. Wider tires
3. Seat covers
4. Sun film
|30th March 2010, 12:26||#18|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: May 2006
Thanked: 4,457 Times
The i10 is quite a handy car for the city use. Its got good quality interiors except for the dashboard reflection which can be irritating at times.
|30th March 2010, 21:37||#19|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Thanked: 11 Times
240 kms update
11 days after driving the beauty home, the Odo now reads 240 kms. Here are my opinion about my first car:
I have driven within city limits only, and had not yet gone out on any long drive. The overall driving experience is very good. If I have to say one word about driving i10, it would be 'comfortable'. I have not found any significant stand-out drawback about this car.
- first gear pull w/o accelerator seems very less, it just rolls, need to push the gas a bit, but need to be careful not to rev it high, as it is still in run-in period
- The clutch lever is a bit high for my comfort, and there is no dead pedal. The clutch itself is very comfortable though.
- boot-space is just about sufficient for daily usage, not suitable for big luggages
- The ride is little bit bumpy
- there are tire noise, may be solved with better rubber
- the dash-board reflects on wind-screen, and while moving from light to shade it is very disturbing. Are there any dark dash-board cover for i10?
- The engine is super smooth and very very silent. The only time I hear it is while passing a high wall with windows rolled down
- The AC is good enough to chill front passengers very quickly even in noon. The rear passengers also did not complain about heat
- Though the car looks small from outside, the seating space is very comfortable. It is surprising how such a small car can have so much space. 5 people (one of them above 6') have sat on my car comfortably.
- The drive is zippy 2 gear onwards. Have not gone beyond 65kmph due to run-in
- seats ate comfortable overall, though under thigh support is a bit less.
- the steering is very light and ideal for city. This is my first car, and I had drove just 200kms, even then I can operate this on single hand, with one hand on gear knob
|30th March 2010, 22:50||#20|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Thanked: 164 Times
Also do update your performance details, any more observations soon !
what fuel, what tyre pressure, feel on longer drives,
Do you observe any tick-tick sound at idling?
<not from inside the car, but, try listening to it from out side, front, near the bonnet.>
there are many i10-ers here !
We can form a i10 group
Last edited by driverace : 30th March 2010 at 22:52.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New AT in the Family - i10 Kappa Sportz Auto ( blushing red )||manishkapadia||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||3||27th January 2010 01:27|
|My Magnum Opus: First Car: Berry Red i20 Magna||kratos11||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||21||14th December 2009 21:16|
|Blushing Red i10 AT booked.||madhukar_n||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||30||13th August 2009 22:01|
|Budget ICE for Blushing Red i10-Gurus pls help||MontyKING||In-Car Entertainment||4||9th January 2009 18:02|