Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 15:42   #46
BHPian
 
arishi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Thane - Mumbai
Posts: 291
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Conclusion: When i enjoy Vista's volvo like suspension, i should not expect her to behave like a palio/punto or the likes at corners
I guess u are talking of Linea
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 15:58   #47
BHPian
 
DieselAddikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 446
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Conclusion: When i enjoy Vista's volvo like suspension, i should not expect her to behave like a palio/punto or the likes at corners
Exactly. The car is simply superb on highways. But make sure you are gentle on her while entering corners or you are sure to be in for surprises. This is one area where Swift, 'Palio and the likes' score over this car by a huge margin.
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 16:32   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 2,150 Times
Default

Hmm so ur point Guru is no matter who markets it, Italian Machines were Built to be driven and Indian Machines were built to be Owned!! (no offense intended)

I use the same stretch (Le Meridian Curve) so often buddy and I can't say that my car is as good as a Palio/Punto but with 195/45 profile rubber, its much better than its regular Korean cousins!!

So did U shop any stuff for ur Vista on your visit to JC road?
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 17:07   #49
BHPian
 
gurudutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hmm so ur point Guru is no matter who markets it, Italian Machines were Built to be driven and Indian Machines were built to be Owned!! (no offense intended)

I use the same stretch (Le Meridian Curve) so often buddy and I can't say that my car is as good as a Palio/Punto but with 195/45 profile rubber, its much better than its regular Korean cousins!!

So did U shop any stuff for ur Vista on your visit to JC road?
Which car do you own buddy? Your signature reads Santro but you reply says "better than korean cousins :d"


I went there for black sticker on my rear left door beading. The black stripes you see on Vista's doors, just above the glass and over the 'B' pillars (which i needed because of the below mentioned incident), are stickers and also some metal strips on the bottom door openings, i dont know wat exactly you call them, but they are used to avoid scratches caused by people when they get in or out of the vehicle, have seem them in SUV's. Will post a pic soon.


I has a sad incident last week when i had been to mysore, i didn't feel like writing about it, but i guess i will let it out. I just reached mysore and had parked my car outside my uncle's place next to a small tree. After a while i came down, saw a cow standing near my car and some injury marks on it and she was grumbling (probably in pain). I felt sorry for the poor animal and since i had to rush out somewhere, got into my car. The moment i closed the door, i heard some class pieces falling apart. I turn back and to my horror, the left rear window (glass) was broken. I was really worried and got out to see how this happened. I went to the other side of the car only to notice that my left rear door had a big dent :(.

Initially i thought someone must have hit my car with a stone, but could not spot any around nor inside the car. Moreover, the dent was not caused by a hard impact, it looked more like something had gradually pressed against it. After a while i realized that the cow had somehow misjudged the gap b/w the tree (next to which i had parked) and my car and tried to sneak through. I could notice cow's hair on my broken window glass and on my back seat as well.

Could not get the glass in mysore, came back to bangalore the very next morning (not to forget, my entire long weekend was screwed) and left it at prerana motors in peenya. Got it back after four days with the door and the glass replaced. It costed around 13 grand and since my car was new, i had to pay around 500 bucks, which was ok.



Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@guru - what is FE you are getting in highway / city.
I just hit the 1000 kms mark, it gave me around 13.5 in city alone with A/C on all the time and 14.5 on highway + city and A/C on all the time. I hope the figures improve after 2000 kms. Vista owners, please pitch in with more info.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 17:20   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 2,150 Times
Default

Well what I actually meant was better than its Korean Siblings (stock Santros). I'm sure U know Hyundai is a Korean Brand.

Sorry about the "Cow Incident", both for your Car and the poor Animal. Hope Prerana Motors have restored the damage on your "White Tiger" to your liking.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 17:53   #51
BHPian
 
gurudutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Well what I actually meant was better than its Korean Siblings (stock Santros). I'm sure U know Hyundai is a Korean Brand.

Sorry about the "Cow Incident", both for your Car and the poor Animal. Hope Prerana Motors have restored the damage on your "White Tiger" to your liking.
My bad buddy, didn't notice the word "regular". 195 45 tyres, my my, have never seen that on a santro. I guess its r13? How does the suspension feel like? I had upgraded tyres in my old car (zen) from 145 70 r12 to 165 55 r13 and i had a real hard suspension after that. I did upsize my tyres by a bit this time around :d from 175 65 r14 to 185 65 r14, may be the reason why she feels more volvo like

Prerana Motors did a decent job, although, the door handle was not painted to perfection. I noticed a tiny finger print, probably the paint guy decided to close the door carefully with a light touch after his job was done

Last edited by gurudutt : 12th April 2010 at 17:58.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 09:54   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 2,150 Times
Default

Aah the Professional TATA TOUCH!!

BTW Guru, guess you missed my point by a whisker!
I have a 15" Alloy on my Santro which runs on 195/45/78V Nankang rubber.

Pls post some interior pics along with more overall pics of ur ride dude.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 15:52   #53
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

Thanks Guru - Think it will improve after 1 or 2 services and also the engine settles down.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 12:29   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

gurudutt, long time no updates. After the initial posts, you too have vanished just like all other vista owners!
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 12:26   #55
BHPian
 
gurudutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
gurudutt, long time no updates. After the initial posts, you too have vanished just like all other vista owners!
Sorry guys, i was enjoying my drive so much that i almost forgot to share it with people.

So far.

Kms Done: ~4200.
Mileage: Was getting very poor mileage initially with a lot of black smoke, around 12-13 in city with A/C on. Went to prerana motors service center and got the air filter cleaned and reset the ECU. Mileage has improved now and am getting around 14.5 in city and 17 on highways.

Driving Experience: Had just one long drive recently to wayanad. As we all know, full marks to the engine. Minimal gear shifts, thanks to the great torque. I owned a zen previously and used to struggle with frequent great shifts when ever i had to accelerate from lower speeds. Ruggedness and SUV like behavior is what i liked the most, specially while negotiating ghat sections when those bus and jeep guys try to run into you , i could easily get off the road on the rough patches and small ditches and get back on the road with ease, also those small speed breakers (or car breakers ) which were not painted and not visible where devoured with easy, something which is difficult to do with cause of low ground clearance.

Here are come pics from the recent trip.

Last edited by gurudutt : 21st July 2010 at 12:28.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 13:50   #56
BHPian
 
gurudutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Sorry guys, i was enjoying my drive so much that i almost forgot to share it with people.

So far.

Kms Done: ~4200.
Mileage: Was getting very poor mileage initially with a lot of black smoke, around 12-13 in city with A/C on. Went to prerana motors service center and got the air filter cleaned and reset the ECU. Mileage has improved now and am getting around 14.5 in city and 17 on highways.

Driving Experience: Had just one long drive recently to wayanad. As we all know, full marks to the engine. Minimal gear shifts, thanks to the great torque. I owned a zen previously and used to struggle with frequent great shifts when ever i had to accelerate from lower speeds. Ruggedness and SUV like behavior is what i liked the most, specially while negotiating ghat sections when those bus and jeep guys try to run into you , i could easily get off the road on the rough patches and small ditches and get back on the road with ease, also those small speed breakers (or car breakers ) which were not painted and not visible where devoured with easy, something which is difficult to do with cause of low ground clearance.

Here are come pics from the recent trip.

Oops, forgot the attachments, here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Got My White Tiger :) (Indica Vista QJD Aura with ABS)-car_night.jpg  

Got My White Tiger :) (Indica Vista QJD Aura with ABS)-car2.jpg  

Got My White Tiger :) (Indica Vista QJD Aura with ABS)-car3.jpg  


Last edited by gurudutt : 21st July 2010 at 13:57.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 14:39   #57
BHPian
 
TSEA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 215
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Porcelain White is the best color on Vista. It simply looks superb. Great Pics. And the mileage of 14.5 in city is good. I am getting 13 kmpl in city.
TSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 17:25   #58
BHPian
 
MihirC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 536
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Wow all your posts have started the petrolhead in me venture towards diesel Guru Dutt. Turns I know are the best managed by Europeans. What speeds can you reach in a straight line in the Vista. Any plan to Pete your car?? Nice review.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 17:56   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jamshedpur
Posts: 65
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

A Great Car Sir..
I absolutely love this car in White colour. Please also post some of the pics of the interiors and your comfort/discomfort with the instrument cluster in the middle.
nishant_242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 18:11   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

Vista in White Rocks!!
Interior pics are sorely missed. Please do the needful
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!! Reinhard Long-Term Ownership Reviews 141 22nd August 2017 15:52
Manza (QJD AURA ABS)..My Royal White Beast!! kingpin1 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 87 18th June 2011 16:42
The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS gowda79 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 24th November 2010 14:09
Tata Indica Vista - Quadrajet Aura ABS - Porcelain White umang dutt Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 4 2nd November 2010 13:06
Tata Indica Vista Aura ABS (EDIT: Now it is Aura Plus with ABS and Airbags) akhilesh51 The Indian Car Scene 141 28th September 2010 20:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks