Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th May 2010, 15:54   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Man you,ve got a heart of steel. I can't imagine myself in that situation.
How can a 118bhp engine become slave to a puny 800cc decade old engine. 0-100 of 11 seconds doesn't it help yaar?
Zoom_vroom,

There were lot of diversions, speed breakers, single lane traffic due to road construction et.al. in the stretch between Channarayapatna and Kunigal and there after. The ANHC was carrying my entire family: self, wife, daughter, my brother, his wife and his little son. I did not want to risk any of the occupant's life. Also it was (it still is, you bet) a new car; so I did not want a scratch or dent. The driver in 800 was driving like crazy. He was closely tailing me initally. Started putting it's nose on the left even if there's a bit of space, while trying to overtake in single lane traffic. He was driving much like a call centre cabby. After a while, I got charged up; so a cat-mose game followed. but, soon my senses prevailed (of course, with some soft nudge from my wife, my gurdian angel) and I let him go.

I am sure under such situations, you will do exactly what I had done.

Some one in this forum, I think StarVB, once said that ANHC made him a safer, better and more responsible driver. I have to accept that the same thing is working on me.

@Shammanth, precisely, I fully agree with you and that's the point I tried to make in my previous post. I look at it this way: there's a line between fun and risk while driving fast. I tried to be on the fun(safer) side of the line.

Cheers
Pratim
pratim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 16:50   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Zoom_vroom,

@Shammanth, precisely, I fully agree with you and that's the point I tried to make in my previous post. I look at it this way: there's a line between fun and risk while driving fast. I tried to be on the fun(safer) side of the line.

Cheers
Pratim
Honestly, if you are driving in India the line between fun and risk is a dotted one and feeble. Firstly you can't trust our roads, secondly the chances of others inflicting an accident is at high stake. Further I would completely avoid any kind of race on the road (with or w/o family). In theory driving in India esp is very risky, thankfully with a safe car such as ANHC, is like a consolation.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 14th May 2010 at 16:52.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 17:08   #48
BHPian

Got your point pratim and jayanth.I was just curious about the point that a City lagged behind a 800. Its always better to be safe and drive at optimum speeds.
Enjoy the ANHC, and keep posting your experiences guys. I shall be going to Jaipur next week to attend a wedding and would update you all with the second long drive experience.
Changes planned
1. I am planning to get a rear boot chrome strip added on second service.
2. If possible get MUGEN Stickers to hide the scratch i have on the rear quarter panel.

BTW i got a suggestion for all the City owners. If you tend to keep your car covered with Car covers then please note that the car cover itself can scratch the roof and bonnet coz of the dust accumulated in it.
Here's what i do to avoid this.I make it a point to dust the car and put two old bedsheets on the car before putting on the car cover. Believe me whenever you will reopen the car cover you will find your car absolutely dust free and clean.Also you will never get those hairline scratches on the roof and bonnet and the roof pillars.
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 18:22   #49
BHPian

Any one who has got a Automatic pls comment on the max speed attained by you I am sure to say once again i was pumping my AT to the fullest on a long stretch near tiruchi still the car was struglling to go beyond a limit

But at the same time as others said here the car was well planted there was no insecure while driving at high speed it was well stable & under control through the whole stretch & there was the feeling that you could stop the vehicle at any point without trouble

Last edited by n_aditya : 29th September 2010 at 16:31.
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 09:27   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Got your point pratim and jayanth.I was just curious about the point that a City lagged behind a 800. Its always better to be safe and drive at optimum speeds.
Enjoy the ANHC, and keep posting your experiences guys. I shall be going to Jaipur next week to attend a wedding and would update you all with the second long drive experience.
Changes planned
1. I am planning to get a rear boot chrome strip added on second service.
2. If possible get MUGEN Stickers to hide the scratch i have on the rear quarter panel.

BTW i got a suggestion for all the City owners. If you tend to keep your car covered with Car covers then please note that the car cover itself can scratch the roof and bonnet coz of the dust accumulated in it.
Here's what i do to avoid this.I make it a point to dust the car and put two old bedsheets on the car before putting on the car cover. Believe me whenever you will reopen the car cover you will find your car absolutely dust free and clean.Also you will never get those hairline scratches on the roof and bonnet and the roof pillars.
Wipe it with Jopasu duster, I bought one myself last week and I must tell you that it is one clean product, which really absorbs the dust. I would suggest this product anyday.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 13:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

Heres a road test done by Zigwheels on the ANHC A/T. Should give a good idea of its actual performance.

http://www.zigwheels.com/alfresco/IN...ages/img24.jpg

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 19:24   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Any one who has got a Automatic pls comment on the max speed attained by you I am sure to say once again i was pumping my AT to the fullest after 140kmh on a long stretch near tiruchi still the car was struglling to go beyond that limit

But at the same time as others said here the car was well planted there was no insecure while driving at 140kmh it was well stable & under control through the whole stretch & there was the feeling that you could stop the vehicle at any point without trouble
My ANHC is Automatic, i have hit 170 kmph last week.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 20:15   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
My ANHC is Automatic, i have hit 170 kmph last week.
Congratulations on your buy zoom_vroom. All the best and enjoy the new car.

I am tad suprised by the decision to spend 17k on the original Honda lighting. Yet to see anyone in team-bhp spending this much money on that accessory. I know it is a personal choice. Did you perceive a great benefit in fitting that ?

Mine is an automatic too. I tried to check the top speed during the last trip to Ooty. I could never go over 120-130 because of one or the other reason -- speed breakers, cows or traffic. A trip from Bangalore to Chennai is the ideal route to test this out.
B103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 09:30   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Congratulations on your buy zoom_vroom. All the best and enjoy the new car.

I am tad suprised by the decision to spend 17k on the original Honda lighting. Yet to see anyone in team-bhp spending this much money on that accessory. I know it is a personal choice. Did you perceive a great benefit in fitting that ?

Mine is an automatic too. I tried to check the top speed during the last trip to Ooty. I could never go over 120-130 because of one or the other reason -- speed breakers, cows or traffic. A trip from Bangalore to Chennai is the ideal route to test this out.
Actually yaar i got this free from Honda dealer. I had asked for Side step illumination from the dealer, but the dealer staff installed this dashboard illumination by mistake. Since this installation required a small hole to be drilled
in the dashboard.The dealer staff apologized for this and gave this illumination to me complimentary free of cost. I would have not bought this light strip for 17k though i must admit it looks fantastic at night.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:18   #55
BHPian

Hi Guys
Have been totally immersed in work and have not got a chance to drive my car frequently.
The ODO still reads 1800KM after 6 months of ownership.
Any advice on maintaining the car when it is sparingly used?
Also have the third service coming up in September.
However i plan to get the scratch fixed this time on 3rd Service.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:42   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys
Have been totally immersed in work and have not got a chance to drive my car frequently.
The ODO still reads 1800KM after 6 months of ownership.
Any advice on maintaining the car when it is sparingly used?
Also have the third service coming up in September.
However i plan to get the scratch fixed this time on 3rd Service.
What??? Only 1800KM after 6 months?? You are insulting this wonderful car.

One advice, if you are sparingly using the car then plan long trips at least every 2 months. Let your AC run with max temperature for about 5 mins once in 2 months, this will ensure that Fungus don't come up in your AC ducts.
vnk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 15:47   #57
BHPian

Thanks VNK, yeah only i know how much i crave to drive this beauty.
But work coupled with bad road conditions in NCR have ensured that this bad thing.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:10   #58
BHPian

Hi Guys
Need your advice.
My car's just done 2000 kms in 6 months.
Can anyone advice me what service schedule i need to maintain for keeping the warranty valid?
Honda says 3 months or 5 k Kms which i found absurd.
Does it mean that my car's engine oil would be changed even if its not done the requisite km's. Isn't it bad on part of Honda,first to have such short service intervals and second to increase carbon footprint by forcing people into oil changes.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:22   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone advice me what service schedule i need to maintain for keeping the warranty valid?Honda says 3 months or 5 k Kms which i found absurd.
It is ABSURD. I do not think Honda engines are that bad. However, to keep the warranty valid you have to grin and bear it. The dealer may agree to six months/5000km but then why should he - reduces his income.

On the Civic they are now allowing once a year / 12 months oil change (service in between as well) provided Synthetic Oil is used.

Last edited by sgiitk : 28th September 2010 at 14:26.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 14:32   #60
BHPian

The car service interval to keep warranty Valid is 6 months or 5000 kms. Service center tries to bluff you telling its 3 months, don't fall into that prey. Just get it done every 5000 kms or 6 months whichever is earlier.

Last edited by shamanth : 28th September 2010 at 14:43.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote