Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2010, 23:14   #31
BHPian
 
aditya116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: calicut
Posts: 315
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

congrats on the new car!drive safe.@6'3" dont you find ritz very small?
aditya116 is offline  
Old 26th April 2010, 09:38   #32
BHPian
 
Praveen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 54
Thanked: Once
Default

Should say a good buy. I feel its better to remove the Stereo remote from the AC vents. May obstruct the air flow.
See if you can add a spoiler and a very decent OE stickers from Maruti on the sides.
Seen in Ritz, it was very decent and subtle.
Praveen1 is offline  
Old 26th April 2010, 12:22   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Heard that companies like 3 M, sonax and all will do the coatings outside too. Lets see if any of our team mates did the same from outside !!

I did it in the car showroom itself.
yes i also hope some one can give me a pointer in this .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
congrats on the new car!drive safe.@6'3" dont you find ritz very small?
Actually i choose ritz only because i was able to sit comfortable inside the car, which was my top most priority .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveen1 View Post
Should say a good buy. I feel its better to remove the Stereo remote from the AC vents. May obstruct the air flow.
See if you can add a spoiler and a very decent OE stickers from Maruti on the sides.
Seen in Ritz, it was very decent and subtle.
That remote was just for taking a pic of the complete ICE .
Yes i will add a spoiler but i didn't like the spoiler which is available right now , it looks like a beak .
So lets see.
Schoudhury is offline  
Old 6th May 2010, 15:13   #34
BHPian
 
SANSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Hi,
I took delivery of a new Maruti Ritz VDI on march 28th. Driven 1400km so far. Did first service on 1000km. Yet to measure the FE.

Quote:
Kinda funny how first timers these days have such relatively powerful cars.
Me too a first timer. I bet you won't know it if you come with me.

Quote:
No offense, but a pen?? Really?
Oops... I didn't give anything except a good rating to him

Quote:
I guess mine will first car in the forum with a L board and also TEAM-BHP stickers pasted.
Though I got DL few years back had put L in my car since its the first car I'm driving after that. But removed it after few weeks as I found it is making the situation worse instead of helping. Anyone at your back sees the L board and starts honking even in normal situations. After removing it no more honkings. If you are confident enough I would suggest to remove it.

Quote:
Oh yes ,how can I miss this , yup already got a scratch on my baby.
Even I made a scratch. Though very minor. One day in heavy traffique near hsr layout, while breaking a scooty from behind hit the bumper. Another day while going in a small road another scorpio crossed from opposite side very close. There made a small scratch in the outward edges near the backside wheel. Though my baby says 'Papa I'm fine, don't worry much'.
Thanks,
SANSI
SANSI is offline  
Old 6th May 2010, 18:31   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Congratulation. Ritz VDI is a very good performer. Congrats once again on your possession.
Gene is offline  
Old 7th May 2010, 16:09   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANSI View Post
Hi,
Though my baby says 'Papa I'm fine, don't worry much'.
Thanks,
SANSI
Thats a good one .
Why dont you write up a thread about your baby with loads of pics,that will be kool isn't .
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Congratulation. Ritz VDI is a very good performer. Congrats once again on your possession.
Thanks Mate
Schoudhury is offline  
Old 7th May 2010, 17:45   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

nice review. drive safe. ENJAY!!
gemithomas is offline  
Old 7th May 2010, 18:04   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
vinaydas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,362
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

congrats on your buy, the Ritz if not the most one of the most sensible cars you can buy in india today.
Since this is your first car you will cherish this even more and probably treat it as your family member also
Try adding a Maruthi fitted spoiler, ive seen quite a few ritz with it and looks rather good on it.
vinaydas is offline  
Old 7th May 2010, 23:13   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
nice review. drive safe. ENJAY!!
Thanks Gemi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
congrats on your buy, the Ritz if not the most one of the most sensible cars you can buy in india today.
Since this is your first car you will cherish this even more and probably treat it as your family member also
Try adding a Maruthi fitted spoiler, ive seen quite a few ritz with it and looks rather good on it.
Yup that's on the my list of accessories to be added to my baby.


cheers.
Schoudhury is offline  
Old 10th May 2010, 17:24   #40
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,710
Thanked: 3,288 Times
Default

Hey Schoudhury, Congrats on your buy. Even though I am not a hater of the rear side looks of the car I am not a fan of it either I too agree to the post by Vinaydas that spoiler will make your ride look great. Even in the new advertisements which comes on TV of Ritz they showing the car with spoilers. My uncle got a Ritz petrol and liked the interior space and build. As mentioned by you I too liked the seating position. On seeing your pics of your speakers placed in the back tray, why did you decide on the same. Since you could have got it placed on the front / rear doors where there are slots for the same. Was it due to the idea of removing door panels for doing the same that made you decide against ?
Also, regarding the underbody coating my suggestion would be you wait atleast till next year to do it. Since your car new and the underbody painting will be intact for a year atleast for sure.
Regarding the paint work for the rear bumper check out the Tbhp suggestion on paint shops in Bangalore. There is one in Kanakpura road for which I had seen good reviews. The TBHP stickers on your ride will get a frank deal over there, my friend had gone there and had the same experice few days back. Since its a new car and paint fading wouldnt have happened I dont think a small touch up work will be noticied much.
Also, could you please let know the price post budget on road Bangalore for VDI and VDI+ABS for Ritz. The price you mentioned for VDI is pre budget price I guess. Even I am a bit inclined towards Ritz so just asking.
Drive safe and be careful about the think C-pillar until you get familiar with dimensions of the car.
mpksuhas is offline  
Old 11th May 2010, 10:22   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 412
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Congratulations. How much was your EMI from SBI ?
ownerofazkaban is offline  
Old 11th May 2010, 16:19   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hey Schoudhury, Congrats on your buy. Even though I am not a hater of the rear side looks of the car I am not a fan of it either I too agree to the post by Vinaydas that spoiler will make your ride look great. Even in the new advertisements which comes on TV of Ritz they showing the car with spoilers. My uncle got a Ritz petrol and liked the interior space and build. As mentioned by you I too liked the seating position. On seeing your pics of your speakers placed in the back tray, why did you decide on the same. Since you could have got it placed on the front / rear doors where there are slots for the same. Was it due to the idea of removing door panels for doing the same that made you decide against ?
Also, regarding the underbody coating my suggestion would be you wait atleast till next year to do it. Since your car new and the underbody painting will be intact for a year atleast for sure.
Regarding the paint work for the rear bumper check out the Tbhp suggestion on paint shops in Bangalore. There is one in Kanakpura road for which I had seen good reviews. The TBHP stickers on your ride will get a frank deal over there, my friend had gone there and had the same experice few days back. Since its a new car and paint fading wouldnt have happened I dont think a small touch up work will be noticied much.
Also, could you please let know the price post budget on road Bangalore for VDI and VDI+ABS for Ritz. The price you mentioned for VDI is pre budget price I guess. Even I am a bit inclined towards Ritz so just asking.
Drive safe and be careful about the think C-pillar until you get familiar with dimensions of the car.
Thanks Bro.
Yup you hit the nail on its head, the spoiler make the car look really nice.
Yes will get it shortly, my dad also asked me to fit the same , as he had seen some ritz and he realy liked it with spoiler fitted.
Regarding the looks, i guess ppl will get used to it, remmember when swift was launched , everyone used to say the back looks so odd, but now people find it sporty .So im sure same will happen with Ritz also .
Yes , the service advisor also told me that i can get the underbody coating later, but im also inclined to get the antirust treatment done ,as i clean my car with borewell water.
Regarding the sratch,its not that visible so kind of OK with it till now .But will surely try that shop which you suggested when i plan to get that done .
I think after the price hike the VDI was costing around 5.93 on road with EX etc, not sure though about the ABS version.
So when are u planing to get yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Congratulations. How much was your EMI from SBI ?
When i got the car, they had that offer of 8%- 1st year, 10%- 2nd & 3rd year and 11.25 % for the rest of the years.And if im not wrong it was valid till 31st march.
Schoudhury is offline  
Old 11th May 2010, 18:42   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default

On sunday went to yeshwantpur railway station to receive my parent .
While driving to the station heard some strange sound coming from the front right hand side of the car, and was sounding like some metal part is broken or stuck somewhere.
Stopped to see if anything is visible , but couldn't find any.
So yesterday took the car to the service station to get it checked.
The sound was so audible that the service adviser immediately heard the sound after driving the car for 30 secs.
So he took the car inside the work area and lifted the car to check if anything was broken or anything is visible,
but could not find any,so he took a screwed driver and checked the brakes and guess what, a decent sized stone was stuck over there.
Took the same out and went for a spin after that and all sounded perfect.
Was also planing to get a car shampoo and a wax, so thought of getting it from MGA itself .
Got the shampoo but no wax was available .
Once i saw some F1 wax avaiable in a store in HSR bda complex which looked original with the USA flag.
So went straight in there and saw the stock was still there ,so got one F1 wax .
My baby will get its first shampoo and wax treatment coming weekend.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01185.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01188.jpg  

Schoudhury is offline  
Old 21st May 2010, 10:38   #44
BHPian
 
SANSI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Why dont you write up a thread about your baby with loads of pics,that will be kool isn't .
Hi Mate,

I will open a new thread soon. For now my fully loaded ritz is below.





Thanks,
SANSI
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-image0065.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-image0066.jpg  

SANSI is offline  
Old 21st May 2010, 12:05   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default

Yes, thats really fully loaded :-)
You know what there is a lot of space inside the car.
Recently went to pick my parents, and they had loads of luggage with them.They were worried if we will be able to put the same luggage in the car and come home.
To give u and idea how much luggage we had, we hired to two coolies to transport the luggage from platform to the car.
And guess wht that , they 60:40 rear seat folding did the trick.

Sansi, where do u stay in bangalore, i guess we should meet up sometime, infact all the Ritz owner's meet will be kool.
And im also look for mudflaps like u have in your car.I have mine fitted , but guess wht already lost one and one on the back broke after i hit the car while reversing.
So wanted to know from where can i get these mudflaps which u have fitted in your car. I dont want to fit the same flaps which were given to me with the car,they are useless and only looks good .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our Ritz VDi : The Fill It, Shut It & Forget It Car ! drkritik Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 28 20th July 2013 12:41
My First car - Ritz VDI ABS vaas2000 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 41 11th November 2010 00:12
My Own first car's home: The Ritz Vdi !! pacman2881 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 14th December 2009 20:42
My very own first car - Ritz Zxi or i10 Asta? EDIT: Booked Ritz Zxi. Gandhi Hatchbacks 93 24th November 2009 15:50
Why is Ritz VDi more expensive than the Swift VDi ? Tapan The Indian Car Scene 49 1st June 2009 18:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks