Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 20th October 2010, 13:58   #91
BHPian

Hi mate,
I have started a new long term review thread of our ritzy and inviting you and many other marutians to the thread for active discussion .Please .
Old 18th November 2010, 21:01   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team.
Im thinking about getting the headlights of my Ritz changed to something like the one as shown in the picture below.

It would really nice if anyone could suggest where can i get a pair like these or get the present one modified to give a similar look .

Also a small request to any photoshop expert here , if anyone could edit the last picture with the alloys to full black with red lip .
I actually wanted to see how they would look on that alloy design with red lip,then i will get them painted accordingly.Something like this
as done by our fellow bhpian Ravveendrra on palio 1.6.

Please advise and thanks in advance .

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-modified_maruti_ritz_2010_auto_expo.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc01442.jpg  

Old 30th November 2010, 13:38   #93
BHPian

I personally love the H light of the Ritz.It looks very ugly with the smoked edges..
Old 18th December 2010, 11:02   #94

Default Re: My First Car, Ritz VDI

Hi Schoudhury,

can you please put up a break up of the service costs of Ritz Diesel and what all needs replacement at the 5000 Km service.
Old 18th December 2010, 17:44   #95
Senior - BHPian

@antriksh, at 5000km, all you need to do is just give it to service for tighntening the bolts/nuts and an overall check up. there are no parts/lubes to be changed.
although a top up may be necessary. The first service at 1000km needs oil changes. The next at 10,000 km. (3.1 Liters) is your first service over?

@schoudry, have you figured out how many liters are there in the tank when the fuel lights starts blinking? i would like to run it dry, if so do i need to just fill up the diesel and crank it or do i need to get the air out of the system?

I know it is not good to run it dry, but if in the off case chance that it happens,i would like to know what to do. hence thought i would give it a try. would a 5L jeerycan of fuel be enough to get it back on the road once it is dry?
Old 18th December 2010, 20:51   #96

@govigov, thanks for the information.
Actually I dont own a Ritz D. I am planning to get a diesel car, while the Figo and Punto have a 10k and 15k service interval, the maruti DDiS has a 5k service interval, so just wanted to get an idea if oil/filter change is needed at every 5k service and what would be the associated cost.
Old 18th December 2010, 22:53   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antriksh View Post
Hi Schoudhury,
can you please put up a break up of the service costs of Ritz Diesel and what all needs replacement at the 5000 Km service.
Nothing as such,this is more like a checkup rather than servicing.But unless if you have some concerns to take care of then things could be difference.
Also if you want to go for a oil change you can get that done .

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
@schoudry, have you figured out how many liters are there in the tank when the fuel lights starts blinking? i would like to run it dry, if so do i need to just fill up the diesel and crank it or do i need to get the air out of the system?

I know it is not good to run it dry, but if in the off case chance that it happens,i would like to know what to do. hence thought i would give it a try. would a 5L jeerycan of fuel be enough to get it back on the road once it is dry?
I have found that moment the fuel light start blinking constantly, it will have around 3-4 lts of fuel left in it, but that's only a guess & im not 100% sure.
The max when i have tried with the blinking fuel light i was able to refill around 41 lts of fuel.
Also i would like to know one thing, when people say the tank capacity is 43 or 45 lts, does it mean upto auto cut or to the brim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antriksh View Post
@govigov, thanks for the information.
Actually I dont own a Ritz D. I am planning to get a diesel car, while the Figo and Punto have a 10k and 15k service interval, the maruti DDiS has a 5k service interval, so just wanted to get an idea if oil/filter change is needed at every 5k service and what would be the associated cost.
It would come around 700 rupees if you change oil and filter every 5k kms .

Cheers.
Old 11th January 2011, 17:47   #98
Senior - BHPian

Default Bad News :-(

My car met with an accident yesterday , rather i should say "accident met my car" which was peacefully parked .A water-tanker truck banged my car while reversing, can't do much about it .Moreover the driver looked like he was the helper and must be in his teens so anyways getting some money from them was out of question.
Anyways, checked and found that the car was drive able and the bonnet was completed damaged , Checked if there is any oil leak or anything of that kind .
Started the car went home, picked up the papers of the car and drove straight to pratham motors, called up the my regular SA on my way and he said he was there .

Reached pratham, saw my SA,explained him all the story,and then one more guy from the body repair section came and inspected the car.
Took the insurance paper, RC card and DL and told me that he will get the car inspected and call me with details.

Got a call from him in the evening ,saying, that while opening the bonnet, the windshield glass got cracked, was really pissed off, but he said insurance ppl have agreed to pay for it also .

Anyways , got a call from the repair SA today , that the approx charges will be around 35k + , so i will have to bear around 5-6 k.
Went to the showroom to check what all has been dmanaged, found that the bumper, the whole bonnet,the front grill ,the metal piece where the bonnet lock is placed is also bend, right side headlight will have to be replaced.

Gave them a go ahead to get the work done , and mentioned him specially to do the job properly.

Also i need some advise from all you guys ,

My car was due to for its 3rd servicing next month, right now it had crossed around 9k kms when i gave the car for repairs,so should i get the 3rd servicing also done or wait for the normal time to get it serviced , please advise.
Also checked the engine oil level was also really low and touching almost the min mark on the dip stick,so should i just ask them to top up the same and will go for the 3rd servicing latter .
Please advise so that i can advise my regular SA accordingly.

Some pics of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-10012011832-large.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-10012011833.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-10012011834.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-10012011835.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-10012011836.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-10012011837.jpg  

Old 11th January 2011, 19:15   #99
Senior - BHPian

Thats real bad man!
Hope she is treated well and is back with you soon

This might be off-topic.

Not trying to rub it in or something but I smell something fishy with the windscreen thing. They would have thrown a brick on it themselves! Now, why am I saying such a terrible thing? Because, I have been a victim in the past.

In case of repairs where owners opt for insurance claims, majority of the portion is paid by the Insurance co. and the owner is not really bothered about the 'total bill' so long his share stays low. Best way to do this? Glass. Insurance pays in full. Owner doesn't pay a penny.

After my incident, I am doubly cautious with mine or my friend's/relative's cars and always insist on the survey being carried only in my presence. No matter if the car stays there 2 more days.
Old 11th January 2011, 22:51   #100
Team-BHP Support

That is real bad. I was reading your story from the first page and did not at all expect this O-Henry like twist to the story!

Even my dad has a Ritz of the same colour (LXI and not a diesel) and I absolutely like its drive position. For tall folks its amazing!

PLUS when I had gone for TD they did not have a petrol Ritz but a VDI. When I drove I was blown away (That incidentally was also my first diesel drive ever!).

Very nice car, but sad to hear about this.
Old 11th January 2011, 23:23   #101
BHPian

Don't believe this man!! Indeed a sad story.

In the photos windshield looks perfectly alright, how come it got broken during opening the bonnet? Is there any misalignment in the A-piller due to impact?
Old 20th January 2011, 05:05   #102
Senior - BHPian

Ouch! that hurts! Most probably while opening the misaligned bonnet, a sharp edge would have touched the windshield, causing it to crack.
Old 20th January 2011, 08:33   #103
BHPian

This is very sad. Make sure you follow up with your SA in Pratham to get things done properly. I haven't found even 1 competent SA in Pratham so far, and am most likely to go to some other service center for my paid services.
Old 20th January 2011, 11:04   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Ouch! that hurts! Most probably while opening the misaligned bonnet, a sharp edge would have touched the windshield, causing it to crack.
Yup, it was bad. Exactly, that's what happened and there was crack in the windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
This is very sad. Make sure you follow up with your SA in Pratham to get things done properly. I haven't found even 1 competent SA in Pratham so far, and am most likely to go to some other service center for my paid services.
You are bang on, im also thinking about go for my 3rd service to suraksha instead of pratham.

Anyways, got my car back in 3days .
Total expense was around 26k on which 13k spares and rest was painting and labour charges .
I paid Rs 5105, which includes 50 % of pastic parts,Rs 500 for some insurance claim stuff and Rs 800 for painting the rear bumper which was damaged earlier.
The repair work was not upto the mark. I had clearly instructed the repair SA to make sure that the work is done properly ,but still it was not done to my satisfaction.
More over, the part where the bonnet sits and gets locked was also damaged, but the SA instead to getting it replaced , repaired it and fitted it back.
Where this was approved by insurance guy for replaced, gave him nicely and asked him to get it replaced ASAP.
HE gave me an excuse that the part was not in stock,so asked him to check if it there or not now, he said it there and will take 2 hours as they need to paint the same and then only fit it . I was ok with it ,so went back again after 2 hours and collected the same .

On the same day after getting the car, i had a appointment with a Doc, so started the car and found that right side headlamp which was replaced was not working properly, i had checked it while it took the delivery but as it was mid afternoon i was not able to check the intensity of lights then, so called up the SA and he said someone will come and check it within 15 mins.
I mean while i found that they havenot connected the earthing cable and its hanging around near the headlamp, anyways a guy from Pratham came (this guy was on this way back home and he was diverted to my house ) and told that the earthing cable was not connected , so i got him some instruments to fix the same and the light were fine .

Next few days i was really busy with some puja @ our house so could not check the car properly.
So this tuesday while i was cleaning the car, i found some issue with the work, and was really pissed off.
First, the bonnet that was reaplaced was not fitted properly and a result there were some allignment issue .

Second, while taking out the damaged bonnet there were some places in the A pillar where paint has pealed off.

By the time i was about to call the SA about these, surprisingly that SA himself called me to check if the car was fine or not, as he was expecting a feedback call from Maruti about the repair work,so he wanted to make sure that things are fine .

Told him all these stuff and he asked me to get the car to the showroom.
So took the car to the showroom and showed him the issues.
He drove the car to the repair bay and called his boys to fix the same .
They did try to fix the same , but i was not totally happy with work,so i showed him the difference comparing my car with another Ritz which was parked there for getting some accessories fitted .

Also the painting was not properly done, there are alot of dust in the painted area, showed the same to SA and he said that during the 3rd service he will get it polished , so lets c.

So overall it was ok ok kind of experience, and when i got a call for feedback gave them 8.5.
Old 20th January 2011, 12:04   #105
BHPian

Sorry to see the damage to car that has been tendered to like a baby. Please do post pics after she has been restored. I have just booked my Ritz LXI- suiting my wallet and height (Iam too 6' 3""). Should be getting delivery by 22 Jan 11 (my fourth car since 1985)

"Get well soon"
Colonel J H Mayne
Closed Thread