Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th April 2010, 09:58   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumani View Post
Hmm
Today morning I noticed a strange thing. Maybe the experienced BHPians can shed some light on it. I hadn't driven the car for a couple of days. Today when I went to take it out, I saw that the front disc brakes was orangish in color. When I touched it and rubbed against it, some of the color came off - looked like rust to me . However when I reached office (approx 6 kms drive), the rust seemed to have gone. I can still see some discoloration, but it is very faint.

Another thing I noted was that the disc brake was not a full smooth circle. On both the disc brakes there seemed to be a irregular edge about 4-5 inches . I am not sure if this is supposed to be normal, or if there is some defect in the brake. I couldn't take any pictures but will try and take them today evening.

I am also planning to take it to the honda dealer for a check, since he is only 1 km from my office. But wanted to get your inputs before I go there.
Its normal, don't worry about it, its not just ANHC, this rusting happens in every vehicle since discs are made of iron.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 13:13   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumani View Post
She just liked the looks of Honda City much more. Even I felt the Honda city looked like someone had just slashed the body with a Ninja Sword. The Sharp edges and the arrow-shot design really won us over. In comparision, the Linea had more gentle slopes and broader strokes.

Funnily, my sister-in-law is also in the market for a new car, and my wife is recommending the Fiat Linea to her instead of Dzire. Talk about double-standards
well that sums up the thinking.Anyways congratulations on your ownership and fantastic colour.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 14:39   #33
BHPian

@manumani, thats a hot looking car ...congrats....
e-biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 17:18   #34
BHPian

thanks Vijaythacker, e-biz
kalyan_hyd, forgot to mention that the average is with AC on all the time. However, Navi Mumbai roads are very wide and relatively empty. Most of the time I am cruising in 5th gear. I imagine the average will be much less if I live in the city
manumani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 01:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Manumani, can you please post the pics of the Reverse Sensors (including the display) of Xenos and your take on them as I need to install the same on my uncle's ANHC.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 11:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ANHC
drive safe, have fun
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 20:49   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe a silly question - but can I ask why the City is always referred as All New Honda City (ANHC). It make sense if Honda is selling the old City also alongside. It sounds a bit weird for me.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 22:28   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Maybe a silly question - but can I ask why the City is always referred as All New Honda City (ANHC). It make sense if Honda is selling the old City also alongside. It sounds a bit weird for me.
simple, so that it is easier to identify which variant is being talked about. gen 1 honda city is referred as OHC, the second gen as NHC and the 3rd one as ANHC.
car-dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 15:20   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
simple, so that it is easier to identify which variant is being talked about. gen 1 honda city is referred as OHC, the second gen as NHC and the 3rd one as ANHC.
And what about the next gen city? SNHC?? Super New Honda City
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 15:38   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
And what about the next gen city? SNHC?? Super New Honda City
True... its like how they used to name some small restaurants in Kerala. Say, start with Hotel Kumaran, and after a few years paint it new, and rename as Hotel New Kumaran
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote