Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 12:46   #166
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Dear All,

Did a TD of Ford Figo Titanium - Diesel, mann i loved the turbo kick like anything. Drove on pot holes, steep roads, ring roads, traffic(B2B, morning 9.30AM what you expect?) let me tell you its a breeze. Even tried hard braking, pushing more than speed limits in various gears. Its true that the drive dynamics, engine response of Figo is unmatching with any other car in the same hatch segment.

But my concern is on mileage. SP quotes that the average mileage is 17 KMPL in city conditions, but what i heard from T-BHPians is little different. Here none has got an average mileage 17KMPL in city. It was ranging from 11-14 KMPL.

If some of Figo Diesel owners throw light on their average KMPLs, it would be highly appreciated.

thanks one and all
Adrenalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 14:21   #167
BHPian
 
scorpio07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
scorpio those are terrible figures.

I had posted a lot on the low mileage on Figo Facebook page. Last week i got a call from ford and they asked me to get a mileage check done at the a.s.s. I was unable to go since it was a busy time for me and i was travelling over the week end. I am thinking of getting it done when ever i am free. I'll have to fill my tank and go with them for a 100km drive with their drivers and then refill and see mileage.So i need to keep aside some time.

Hey gemi, i donno why mileage dipped this bad it was climbing toward 14kmpl and suddenly this. DTE on full tank showed 611 thats is 15kmpl, i need to check again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
Dear All,

Did a TD of Ford Figo Titanium - Diesel, mann i loved the turbo kick like anything. Drove on pot holes, steep roads, ring roads, traffic(B2B, morning 9.30AM what you expect?) let me tell you its a breeze. Even tried hard braking, pushing more than speed limits in various gears. Its true that the drive dynamics, engine response of Figo is unmatching with any other car in the same hatch segment.

But my concern is on mileage. SP quotes that the average mileage is 17 KMPL in city conditions, but what i heard from T-BHPians is little different. Here none has got an average mileage 17KMPL in city. It was ranging from 11-14 KMPL.

If some of Figo Diesel owners throw light on their average KMPLs, it would be highly appreciated.

thanks one and all
Hi Adrenalin, Mileage has not been consistent so far, city drivng the maxi i got was 13kmpl with AC on and in highways it was about 18kmpl .The recent
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhnanda View Post
Have been hearing about the underbody scraping problem with the Figo a lot. So, what part of the underbody actually gets scraped? Is it bad for the car or is the car built to handle such issue?

Underbody scrapping is an issue, however it does not create any issues for the car and i guess its build such that none of the parts get damaged
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 14:23   #168
BHPian
 
scorpio07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
Thats haunting. 11+ is what my ikon(petrol) gives in Bangalore city traffic. I was thinking to go for diesel vehicles, considering price hike in petrol and lower mileages. This makes me rethink to go for Figo TDCi(whcih i am planning to go for).

Would you please throw more light as to in what condition you got such a low FE? Did you drive in lower gears? conjusted traffic ?

Whats your average FE as you have run 4308 kms? Whats the ratio of city:highway drives?
Low FE i guess is attributed to heavy traffic and idling in congestions for a long time and i run AC all the time. You cannot move past 2nd gear and may have to drive in 1st gear.
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 11:24   #169
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Glow plug indicator exists, its below digital ODO display. I think the cold temperature did the trick.
A little too late, but:

How cold was it? I have not seen that glowing so far!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 16:09   #170
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 534 Times
Default

13k to repair a running board. I wonder how the surveyor passed that kinda cost for running board repair. My cousin once got the running board of his lancer repaired at a local paint shop known to us. The damaged running board was cut and a new part was a welded and put together. they charged us 2.2k for the complete job including the paint.

I am not complaining though, will VW charge any less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I had posted a lot on the low mileage on Figo Facebook page. Last week i got a call from ford and they asked me to get a mileage check done at the a.s.s. I was unable to go since it was a busy time for me and i was travelling over the week end. I am thinking of getting it done when ever i am free. I'll have to fill my tank and go with them for a 100km drive with their drivers and then refill and see mileage.So i need to keep aside some time.
Thats nice, try to take a route that includes both congested and free roads. Anyways, its nice on Fords part to take such an initiative and it was nicer for you to have posted a lot on facebook...lols..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 11th July 2010 at 16:24.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:34   #171
BHPian
 
scorpio07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

hey all,
been quite for a while now. My last three FE figures was really bad, i got 11.7, 10.5 and 10.9kmpl, hence took the car to the service station. They cleaned the airfilter and suggested that i take a mileage test with the Ford Service unit at Velachery. So i booked on appointment for 31st July and went there around 9 am.
Around 9.50 am we left the ford centre, topped up the diesel until the neck at the BP station at the end of the road.

Total distance covered was 57 kms and the route was from Velachery towards 100 feet road, koyambedu, aminjikarai, shanthi colony, kilpauk, purasaiwakam, vepery, central, poonamallee high road, Aminjkarai, MMDA, 100 feet road, ashok pillar, West Mambalam, Tnagar, Saidapet,- velachery.

FE was 12.9 kmpl and the total timetaken was 3 hrs of engine running under heavy traffic conditions that included some long idle times as well.

manager of service centre suggested that for city under traffic conditions under heavy congestions 12-14 is the norm.

Any thoughts on this people.
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 19:15   #172
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
FE was 12.9 kmpl and the total timetaken was 3 hrs of engine running under heavy traffic conditions that included some long idle times as well.

manager of service centre suggested that for city under traffic conditions under heavy congestions 12-14 is the norm.

Any thoughts on this people.
There was a review of the Figo diesel in one of the Malayalam TV channels yesterday.

The Kairali Ford Trivandrum executive while giving the details mentioned 12 to 13 for city and 18 for highway conditions.

Last edited by trrk : 2nd August 2010 at 19:17.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 19:28   #173
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

One of my friend has Black Tcdi Titanium.
He used to travel between DLF, Porur and Tambaram.
He regulary gets 14.5+ Kmpl with 100% AC.
But definitely it's all depends on the traffic condition.
12+ kmpl is ok for the huge traffic while you undergone the test.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 19:42   #174
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
hey all,
been quite for a while now. My last three FE figures was really bad, i got 11.7, 10.5 and 10.9kmpl, hence took the car to the service station. They cleaned the airfilter and suggested that i take a mileage test with the Ford Service unit at Velachery. So i booked on appointment for 31st July and went there around 9 am.
Around 9.50 am we left the ford centre, topped up the diesel until the neck at the BP station at the end of the road.

Total distance covered was 57 kms and the route was from Velachery towards 100 feet road, koyambedu, aminjikarai, shanthi colony, kilpauk, purasaiwakam, vepery, central, poonamallee high road, Aminjkarai, MMDA, 100 feet road, ashok pillar, West Mambalam, Tnagar, Saidapet,- velachery.

FE was 12.9 kmpl and the total timetaken was 3 hrs of engine running under heavy traffic conditions that included some long idle times as well.

manager of service centre suggested that for city under traffic conditions under heavy congestions 12-14 is the norm.

Any thoughts on this people.
This is a well known crowded stretch and also depends on driving. Still it is on the lower side. Is it with full AC on. I think you should have also tested in a highway and in the city.
I donot understand why the service manager is asking to adapt to this instead of finding the issue.

Last edited by RGK : 2nd August 2010 at 19:49.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:02   #175
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

@scorpio07: The TDCi engine is quite capable. It can return F.E ranging from around 9km/l to around 30-35km/l depending on traffic, driving pattern, outside temperature, road conditions etc. etc. A dirty air filter/fuel filter could cause slight reduction in mileage probably thats one reason they cleaned the air filter before the test.

I really dont think there is an issue with your car/engine. Just to confirm i suggest you take her for a drive on any one of these real good highways. Accelerate slowly and pre plan braking situations by letting off the accelerator and letting the car reduce speed on its own as far as possible. Stay between 80-100. You should not be worried unless you get below around 18 (+ or - 1) bare minimum.

Do let us know what the outcome is.


OT: for those who are interested in knowing more about the TDI engine. check the FAQ's section here.
Fred's TDI Page. TDIClub.com. VW TDI Enthusiast Community
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 14:48   #176
BHPian
 
scorpio07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

@Gemi i am planning to take a highway ride shortly. I took the mileage test to get some piece of mind.
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 18:40   #177
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 69
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
@Gemi i am planning to take a highway ride shortly. I took the mileage test to get some piece of mind.
Usually, within Chennai city i get a mileage of around 13 or 14 based on traffic conditions (Full AC). Just did a Chennai - Coimbatore - Chennai roundtrip on my Figo, i wanted to check the mileage part and hence did not push it too much. Hovered around 80-100 and anticipated most of the breaking situations & braked accordingly and i got a mileage of 20 which i think is quite good. Mileage was calculated on a tank to tank method and DTE figures were almost in sync with this calculation. I can safey conclude - Figo is capable of good mileage based on driving conditions. But, personally i don't think the city numbers are great
e-biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 22:50   #178
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 412
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
Dear All,

Did a TD of Ford Figo Titanium - Diesel, mann i loved the turbo kick like anything. Drove on pot holes, steep roads, ring roads, traffic(B2B, morning 9.30AM what you expect?) let me tell you its a breeze. Even tried hard braking, pushing more than speed limits in various gears. Its true that the drive dynamics, engine response of Figo is unmatching with any other car in the same hatch segment.

But my concern is on mileage. SP quotes that the average mileage is 17 KMPL in city conditions, but what i heard from T-BHPians is little different. Here none has got an average mileage 17KMPL in city. It was ranging from 11-14 KMPL.

If some of Figo Diesel owners throw light on their average KMPLs, it would be highly appreciated.

thanks one and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
hey all,
been quite for a while now. My last three FE figures was really bad, i got 11.7, 10.5 and 10.9kmpl, hence took the car to the service station. They cleaned the airfilter and suggested that i take a mileage test with the Ford Service unit at Velachery. So i booked on appointment for 31st July and went there around 9 am.
Around 9.50 am we left the ford centre, topped up the diesel until the neck at the BP station at the end of the road.

Total distance covered was 57 kms and the route was from Velachery towards 100 feet road, koyambedu, aminjikarai, shanthi colony, kilpauk, purasaiwakam, vepery, central, poonamallee high road, Aminjkarai, MMDA, 100 feet road, ashok pillar, West Mambalam, Tnagar, Saidapet,- velachery.

FE was 12.9 kmpl and the total timetaken was 3 hrs of engine running under heavy traffic conditions that included some long idle times as well.

manager of service centre suggested that for city under traffic conditions under heavy congestions 12-14 is the norm.

Any thoughts on this people.

Let me speak from my experience on my Figo. I have a 1.5hr to 2 hr oneway 21+kms commute every day to work. Am getting a cool 14+ in City. So, my recommendation is
1) Wait till you get to 5000kms on ODO.
2) Don't use Shell Diesel -- My milage is less with Shell fuel, and I have tested with 3 tank fulls before I concluded.
3) Highway is min. 20kmpl and min. 25kmpl if you drive sanely for milage.
4) Air pressure -- Maintain air pressure -- those wide tyres with less air is like driving on clutch. I maintain 31 or 32. And make note - A 31 at one pump is 29 in another!!! So you really need to find the right air pump. They are all brand new, yet they differ by large amount.
5) My Car is smoother without Shell fuel -- Exact opposite experience with Shell super petrol in my old 800.

HTH

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 5th August 2010 at 22:53.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 11:32   #179
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey all figo owners,

Finally decided to go for Figo Diesel.

Recently booked figo diesel zxi , 2 weeks ago. All these while SP was telling that we need yet to order the vehicle coz purchase order has not come yet(taking company lease option). Today he calls me up and says that its arriving in 2-3 days.

I suspect if he is giving me FIGO from latest production batch. How do i do PDI and confirm that this is from the latest production batch? Any serial number or code( combi of date and chassis number) or something like that.
Adrenalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 11:38   #180
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
Hey all figo owners,

Finally decided to go for Figo Diesel.

Recently booked figo diesel zxi , 2 weeks ago. All these while SP was telling that we need yet to order the vehicle coz purchase order has not come yet(taking company lease option). Today he calls me up and says that its arriving in 2-3 days.

I suspect if he is giving me FIGO from latest production batch. How do i do PDI and confirm that this is from the latest production batch? Any serial number or code( combi of date and chassis number) or something like that.

Any figo you get cannnot be more than three months old(my assumption!). As far as I remember Figo's chassis number has only the manufacturing year information, however you could ask for the road eligibility certificate (the showroom is not obliged, so you may have to request them) to confirm the date.

Talk to your SP and express your concerns he should help you!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A White Diamond - My Ford Figo TDCi ZXi hiren959 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 28th July 2010 11:12
My Ford Figo ZXI TDCi deevilslair Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 31 25th May 2010 20:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks