Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th April 2010, 16:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

I would like to compliment your review as concise yet comprehensive.

No offences meant, but you have been comparing the E class to the 7 series. Both are in different categories. Since you own BMW 5 series, you could have compared the same here. This is my only complaint.

I am sorry I made a mistake in reading the thread properly. My sincerest apology to all & particularly Sahil.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 16:54   #17

Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The BMWs have always performed better than the equivalent Merc but they had an edge with their interiors. This time BMW has even beaten the Merc on the interior front. I haven't even driven the new 7 yet and I don't want to either because once I do, i'll be sold ! New 7 = Merc like interiors + BMW performance = Perfect combo !!
I dunno Sahil but interiors appointment isnt what the S Class is known for. Its the fuss free drive the brings your heart rate lower, absolute refinement and comfort. BMW is more driver oriented but that doesnt really matter when we go into the rarified category of flagship sedans.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 02:17   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Extreme_torque- I beg to differ. The S-class has always focused on interior luxury and space, comapre the past 3 generations of both 7 and S, you will notice that the S has gotten more cramped while the 7 has gotten more spacious. In diesel engine refinement, the merc wins, hands down, their engines have adapted to our fuel quality thanks to years of being in the Indian market. In petrol refinement, both should be equal. The boss buying his luxo-limo wants comfort when he's in the backseat but on the few occasions he does get into the drivers seat, he wants it to full fill his mid-life crisis needs of power.
Suspension wise too the merc would have the upper edge, I presume. But before I make that judgement certain I'd want to sit in a 7 series with comfort tyres that are non RFT. Thanks to the adjustable suspension settings a new 7 with comfort tyres riding on comfort setting suspension won't not be much different from the S. For the true BMW character you switch to sports mode and firm it up.

Last edited by Sahil : 16th April 2010 at 02:20.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote