Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th April 2010, 13:49   #1
BHPian

Hi folks,

I completed 1050 kms in my Figo TDCi

FE observation
Got 12 kmpl in city driving 100% AC with 3 people on board
Got 17.7 kmpl on highway 100% AC with 3 people on board

Good or bad others can let me know. Will the FE increase after completing first / second service ?

Positives
+ Very comfortable rear seats
+ Excellent leg room for both rear and front seats (all my family members are around 5' 4" to 5' 6")
+ AC is very good, does not smell bad even for 2-3 hours drive in inner-circulation mode
+ Steering has excellent feedback, but at slow speed can feel a little like non-power steering
+ One of the best OEM music system, the bluetooth pairing with phone works like magic
+ Boot opener buttons seems very convenient

Negatives
- The ground clearance with 3/4 people on board is poor. I underscraped atleast in 4/5 speedbreakers in bangalore, which does not happen in my friends Getz/Swift.
- Applying breaks at low speed makes noise
- Engine some times feels very noisy, sometimes it does not !! regardless of it being in first/fifth gear
- rear head rest is very good for people 5' 3" or shorter, but for the taller ones its as good as not being there. Any options to improve this?
- Seat height adjuster is a joke ! its a see-saw, its better that ford does not offer this and reduce the price by a few thousands.
- Rear window does not close completely(yes i am talking about closing). Even if i apply a lot of force and close it, i can still put my nails between the glass and the top beading. This looks like a serious security issue. Any suggestions.

Cheers.

Is there any thread for the Figo accessories? please let me know the link. else moderators let me know so that i can start a new thread.

Few questions.....

1. I am new to diesel, have driven petrol cars for about 10 years. Some times this car hardly moves in first gear !! press the accelerator, moves at 3-5 kmph. Any reasons for this.

2. I change gears b/w 1600 to 2200 rpm, is this a good approach or do u suggest other rpm range.

3. this car comes with 'central locking', is there any fitting which will just give me 'burglars alarm' ? i was told autocop is "burglars-alarm + central locking".

4. when are the ford-figo accessories coming? even ford customer care is not confirming this :(

5. Is there any difference between the Fiesta TDCi and Figo TDCi? i guess fiesta was euro III and Figo is euro IV. Appreciate any technical differnces, FE differences and any other notes.

6. Any chances of improving ground clearance without voiding the warranty?

7. City driveability : Is Figo TDCi better or is it Swift DDiS?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd July 2010 at 01:59. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Yamaha100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 20:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. What colour? And where are the Pics?

1&2: Change gears around 2000-2500rpm depending on requirement. The engine does not pull when the rpms range is below 1100-1200 range so shifting below atleast 1800 rpm would put you in the "no power" range. The turbo kicks in at 1450rpm and the car pulls really well above 1800 rpm till close to 3000rpm. Revving beyond this is useless (something very different from petrols)

eh... is that quite a lot of rpm's and digits!!!

7: Its a personal choice. One engine pulls fantastically above 1800rpm and another pulls well enough right from 1450 rpm range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Few questions.....

1. I am new to diesel, have driven petrol cars for about 10 years. Some times this car hardly moves in first gear !! press the accelerator, moves at 3-5 kmph. Any reasons for this.

2. I change gears b/w 1600 to 2200 rpm, is this a good approach or do u suggest other rpm range.

3. this car comes with 'central locking', is there any fitting which will just give me 'burglars alarm' ? i was told autocop is "burglars-alarm + central locking".

4. when are the ford-figo accessories coming? even ford customer care is not confirming this :(

5. Is there any difference between the Fiesta TDCi and Figo TDCi? i guess fiesta was euro III and Figo is euro IV. Appreciate any technical differnces, FE differences and any other notes.

6. Any chances of improving ground clearance without voiding the warranty?

7. City driveability : Is Figo TDCi better or is it Swift DDiS?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 20:22   #3
BHPian

Hey Thomas,

thanks for you replies. Photos i will post if i get any fancy fitting or i have a problem

but i would surely like to share and listen about hidden features/positives and hidden problems !

red was very tempting, but i settled for a white tdci.

cheers.
Old 18th April 2010, 23:20   #4
BHPian

about your issue with scraping the underbelly,a tyre up grade to 185/65 or 175/70 will solve that.

Last edited by aditya116 : 18th April 2010 at 23:21. Reason: spelling
aditya116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 04:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car. Which varient did you choose? Please post some pics.
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 07:00   #6
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Hi folks,

I completed 1050 kms in my Figo TDCi

- Rear window does not close completely(yes i am talking about closing). Even if i apply a lot of force and close it, i can still put my nails between the glass and the top beading. This looks like a serious security issue. Any suggestions.

Cheers.
Good to know few more details on your 1000 KM drive. Appreciate you sharing the same here.

Window glass problem might (should) be due to mis-alignment of door-channels and if so, it should be easily resolved by the service folks. Nothing to worry about. Enjoy the ride.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 09:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
FE observation
Got 12 kmpl in city driving 100% AC with 3 people on board
Got 17.7 kmpl on highway 100% AC with 3 people on board

Negatives
- Applying breaks at low speed makes noise
Congrats Yamaha100 on completing the 1K Kms, its bad you are not posting pics of the car :(
  • Is the FE difference so huge between city driving and highway, I mean normally the difference is only around 2-3 kms / ltr. but as mentioned this should get solved post service
  • Regarding noise of break, I guess this should also get resolved normally during the first service, once a technician checks on this.
  • Regarding the window, as mentioned by someone, guess the issue is a slight misalignment of the glass, the issue is not that big, but dont apply undue pressure and damage the handle etc. It might end up being a even more bigger issue.
Enjoy revving the car
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 10:57   #8
BHPian

@yamaha100

Congratulations on your white TDCi. I have the same colour and IMO white looks very good on this car. What variant have you opted for (basically, do you have a coral top or not and your take on it if you have one).

Get used to changing gears at 2000 (in the run in period), you will feel the difference in the drivability part.

Regarding the underscraping, you will need to be more carefull over the speed breakers. Upsizing the tyres will improve the GC marginally, but (as per Ford India) void your warranty.

As per DTE I was getting a mileage of 15 kph. Did a tankfull yesterday, and as per that its only 13.8. All city driving with AC on 100%.
chaudhrysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 15:10   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post
@yamaha100

Congratulations on your white TDCi. I have the same colour and IMO white looks very good on this car. What variant have you opted for (basically, do you have a coral top or not and your take on it if you have one).

Get used to changing gears at 2000 (in the run in period), you will feel the difference in the drivability part.

Regarding the underscraping, you will need to be more carefull over the speed breakers. Upsizing the tyres will improve the GC marginally, but (as per Ford India) void your warranty.

As per DTE I was getting a mileage of 15 kph. Did a tankfull yesterday, and as per that its only 13.8. All city driving with AC on 100%.
Thanks chaudhrysan
White looks good
TDCi Zxi with ebony top. so cant comment on coral top, but i guess u must has lesser dashboard heating problem.

actually the FE measurement is 50% city + 50% highway = 12kmpl, so just city would have been much lower.
the next highway trip was 100% highway and it gave 17.7 kmpl

this time around i will get to test 100% city, lets see whats the new FE, if it comes below 13 kmpl i guess it might need some talking with Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
  • Is the FE difference so huge between city driving and highway, I mean normally the difference is only around 2-3 kms / ltr. but as mentioned this should get solved post service
  • Regarding noise of break, I guess this should also get resolved normally during the first service, once a technician checks on this.
  • Regarding the window, as mentioned by someone, guess the issue is a slight misalignment of the glass, the issue is not that big, but dont apply undue pressure and damage the handle etc. It might end up being a even more bigger issue.
Enjoy revving the car
thanks xingamazon !

pls see my earlier post regarding FE.....will watch a few more FE reading before talking to the expert (read mustang )

Hi Mustang !

Can you please provide the following details about figo

1. Is the Figo tdci engine same as fiesta tdci ? no changes at all?
2. Is there any change in engine specs when it was upgraded from euro III to euro IV compliance?
3. Whats the weight of the figo 1.2 petrol and figo 1.4 diesel?
4. In fiesta it is written TDCi duratorq, but it just says TDCi in figo? any difference?
5. Is there any product which is just a 'burglars alarm' because figo zxi comes with central remote locking, i dont want auto-cop remote lock, i just want burglars alam
6. Head lamps are not good for highway driving, any suggestions to improve this?
7. Any accessory to improve the rear-seat-headrest height?
8. Will the FE change after 1st service (i.e 2500kms) or it does not change?

Cheers.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd July 2010 at 01:58. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 19th April 2010, 16:13   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Mustang !

Can you please provide the following details about figo

1. Is the Figo tdci engine same as fiesta tdci ? no changes at all?
Yes it is the same though the figo has rubber engine mounts for it while the fiesta has hydraulic mounts thus the fiesta has less NVH

2. Is there any change in engine specs when it was upgraded from euro III to euro IV compliance?
No change in engine specs, Only the exhaust has undergone modifying which has caused no change in performance levels

3. Whats the weight of the figo 1.2 petrol and figo 1.4 diesel?
Figo LXI EXI ZXI TITANIUM
Petrol 1040 1060 1075 1090
Diesel 1090 1105 1115 1130

All weights are in kgs

4. In fiesta it is written TDCi duratorq, but it just says TDCi in figo? any difference?
No difference, 'Duratorq' was not badged on the figo as it already has 'figo' written on RHS while in fiesta, 'fiesta' is written on LHS. If it were added in figo also then the RHS would become too clogged with badges

5. Is there any product which is just a 'burglars alarm' because figo zxi comes with central remote locking, i dont want auto-cop remote lock, i just want burglars alam
You have an immobiliser in your car & IMO thats sufficient, Prevents your car from getting stolen & also keeps the surroundings quiet

6. Head lamps are not good for highway driving, any suggestions to improve this?
I found it sufficient, What you can do is replace the bulbs with blue vison philips bulbs or try fog lamps. I dont know much about this but you can refer to the auto lighting thread for this

7. Any accessory to improve the rear-seat-headrest height?
Not from ford's side. I advise that you dont get it done outside also as they might spoil your nice seats & change the foam density at various points.

PS - I have the same headrests in my ikon's rear seat & i am 6 feet 3 in and i dont find it problematic sitting at the rear.

8. Will the FE change after 1st service (i.e 2500kms) or it does not change?
It might slightly improve(1-2 kmpl) after the fluid changes which do occur in the very 1st service of figo itself. Moreover dont calculate FE with the DTE, it will always come out to be less, Do it the 'Desi' way by dividing kms travelled(use the odo for this) & fuel consumed

Cheers. <------- DRIVE SAFE & HAVE FUN
Please find the answers in bold in the quoted text.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 16:38   #11
BHPian

@mustang
Is it possible to replace the engine mounts of Figo with those in Fiesta?
Old 19th April 2010, 16:59   #12
BHPian

Quote:
If you plan to upgrade to alloys anytime, I would suggest to go in for after market ones. Ford is offering only one design for the Figo which is quite bland. In my opinion, white, or a combo of white/silver alloys go best with a white Figo. Check in my thread for the ones I have put on mine.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...i-go-oh-2.html (Go Fi-go OH)
Old 19th April 2010, 17:05   #13
BANNED

^^ I dont know about this but please dont try this at home
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 17:33   #14
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@mustang
Is it possible to replace the engine mounts of Figo with those in Fiesta?
This is not an easy job as the design at the chassis would be different.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 20:21   #15
BHPian

Quote:
If you plan to upgrade to alloys anytime, I would suggest to go in for after market ones. Ford is offering only one design for the Figo which is quite bland. In my opinion, white, or a combo of white/silver alloys go best with a white Figo. Check in my thread for the ones I have put on mine.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...i-go-oh-2.html (Go Fi-go OH)

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for the suggestion, but i am not interested in alloys, i am interested in the following.

1. neck rest
2. burglars alarm
3. mobile phone charger (from good brand) to support nokia + others
4. 3m Sunfilm RTO approved (can some one please confirm which is the darkest as per RTO approved ones)