Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:16   #136
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

@ Brix - how did you feel if you keep 41 at the rear. Is the ride smooth or bumpy as you had only 3 pax and kid

Yes deep blue - I feel Figo is a better highway car than expected by most of us and making us more to drive

Last edited by RGK : 23rd June 2010 at 08:17.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:30   #137
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 136
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Hi friends
another figo added to team bhp. Got it on Monday after booking on Saturday with harpreet ford Gurgaon. Got essential kit as freebie. Superfast process and delivery. I have bought a squeeze 1.4 titanium with black dash. Thanks to all you guys I could zero in to figo after reading numerous threads on figo. The baleno stays with me for now. Didn't have the heart to sell it for peanuts.

Guys can you suggest the optimum tyre pressure. I normally drive alone but can't get into the hassle of inflating everytime the car is loaded. Can there not be a uniform optimum pressure

Last edited by shivmarwaha : 23rd June 2010 at 08:40.
shivmarwaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:30   #138
BHPian
 
Maverick_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 74
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
One more ting - I noticed that the car is veering towards the left if I leave the steering alone. Noticed this only on the highway, not in the city. Dont know how to diagnose it.
My tires are MRF.

Strange, the TD FIGO and one of my friend's figo were pulling to the left (it had only run 2k Kms on it and the other is about 800Kms old) any other Figo owners noticing the same behavior?
Maverick_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:37   #139
BHPian
 
MilesAndSmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: IND / KL-07
Posts: 48
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Hi friends
another figo added to team bhp. Got it on Monday after booking on Saturday with harpreet ford Gurgaon. Got essential kit as freebie. Superfast process and delivery. I have bought a squeeze 1.4 titanium with black dash. Thanks to all you guys I could zero in to figo after reading numerous threads on figo. The baleno stays with me for now. Didn't have the heart to sell it for peanuts.
Congrats shivmarwaha .

Open a new thread and post the pictures and your experience.

Enjoy many many miles on your Figo.
MilesAndSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:19   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I hate to touch that temperature knob. Maybe I'll use that next time.
No harm. From the images posted here, very few people touch that knob which is stuck at the maximum always.

It helps a lot in controlling the temperature to bearable level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
No - I think letting outside air come inside does perk up the driver substantially. Its a theory, but its all I've got.
Sorry about that comment. If it is comfortable for you, you can use the fresh air method. Fresh air cannot do harm, anyway!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:56   #141
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
No harm. From the images posted here, very few people touch that knob which is stuck at the maximum always.

It helps a lot in controlling the temperature to bearable level.

Sorry about that comment. If it is comfortable for you, you can use the fresh air method. Fresh air cannot do harm, anyway!
I kept in 9 o clock position and felt comfortable. I increase it if it is very hot.

About opening for fresh air, you should be driving in a good and less polluted road (if you find anyone), because since it intakes air from outside, the smokes caused by other vehicles may also come in.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:13   #142
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@ Brix - how did you feel if you keep 41 at the rear. Is the ride smooth or bumpy as you had only 3 pax and kid

Yes deep blue - I feel Figo is a better highway car than expected by most of us and making us more to drive
My mother, wife & daughter slept very soundly at the back. No bumpy feeling at all. Very comfortable. And the ride was for 7 hours with 2 half hour breaks in between. It was that comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post

Guys can you suggest the optimum tyre pressure. I normally drive alone but can't get into the hassle of inflating everytime the car is loaded. Can there not be a uniform optimum pressure
Congrats Shiv. Good choice. I think you should follow the recommended PSI given in the sticker on the passenger side door. If you feel it scrapes a lot, try adding 2-3 PSI more in the tires respectively. That seems to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
Strange, the TD FIGO and one of my friend's figo were pulling to the left (it had only run 2k Kms on it and the other is about 800Kms old) any other Figo owners noticing the same behavior?
The service center swapped tires. I'm yet to feel that effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
No harm. From the images posted here, very few people touch that knob which is stuck at the maximum always.

It helps a lot in controlling the temperature to bearable level.

Sorry about that comment. If it is comfortable for you, you can use the fresh air method. Fresh air cannot do harm, anyway!
Was just kidding about that theory trrk. I did try that knob last night - and felt that I was enjoying the nice warm air at the other end of the spectrum. I was using the heater in Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
About opening for fresh air, you should be driving in a good and less polluted road (if you find anyone), because since it intakes air from outside, the smokes caused by other vehicles may also come in.
Yes - I switch off the AC if I see a vehicle emitting smoke in front. Been driving like that all the time.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:23   #143
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

BTW - I did my first service today. Gave it at 10.15am and took it back at 1.15pm.

Gave it at Alwarpet - City Workshop.

Complained about the left pulling and as mentioned above he swapped the tires. I felt it was now veering towards the right - but I need to check it in long distance.

The vehicle seemed bit slower and the AC too seemed less cold, but could have been the afternoon heat. The waterwash was simply excellent. I wanted to ask if they do that separately for a small cost.

New Cost : 1230.

Here's the bill.
Attached Thumbnails
Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.-firstservicefigobill.jpg  

Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 17:55   #144
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

I filled Diesel today and got a DTE of 701. I had done half highway and half city. Gotta check the earlier ODO figure for mileage.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 21:02   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
Strange, the TD FIGO and one of my friend's figo were pulling to the left (it had only run 2k Kms on it and the other is about 800Kms old) any other Figo owners noticing the same behavior?
I have heard that this was problem with the stock appollo tyres (not sure) and they have been discontinued??

I sure did hear about this problem elsewhere too. And in my PDI i noted that i am getting MRFs as stock, should I reject them or what?? help!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:14   #146
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 136
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I filled Diesel today and got a DTE of 701. I had done half highway and half city. Gotta check the earlier ODO figure for mileage.
This is an amazing figure. My 10 days old figo diesel returned an average of 13.5kmpl with ac 100% on in city. May be i should wait for couple of tankfullsfor the average to normalise. but 701 km on DTE is awesome.
shivmarwaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:13   #147
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
This is an amazing figure. My 10 days old figo diesel returned an average of 13.5kmpl with ac 100% on in city. May be i should wait for couple of tankfullsfor the average to normalise. but 701 km on DTE is awesome.
Oh yes - wait till you hit around 2500KM and complete the first service.

Go in a variety of speeds but keep them hovering around 100 and the rpm in 2000-2300 rpm. I did that for my diesel.
Also keep the tires properly inflated. Recommended pressure is mentioned in the passenger side sticker.
And before switching off the car wait 30 seconds for the turbo to subside.

I think this and proper sane driving will reward you in terms of mileage.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:22   #148
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
This is an amazing figure. My 10 days old figo diesel returned an average of 13.5kmpl with ac 100% on in city. May be i should wait for couple of tankfullsfor the average to normalise. but 701 km on DTE is awesome.
That is really good. You know what? Reading all these threads on Figo has put so much of pressure on FE on my mind. I am getting my car tomorrow and I am mentally preparing myself to not to bother about the FE and enjoy the car (this being my first car) let's if I can really do it. FE calculations are too tempting for you to ignore them!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 13:22   #149
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

My relative drove down from Bangalore to Chennai in a Petrol Figo and he got 15kmpl. His vehicle is brand new and he was driving mostly in the 60-70 range as it was a long time since he drove a car.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 14:08   #150
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 649 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
BTW - I did my first service today. Gave it at 10.15am and took it back at 1.15pm.

Gave it at Alwarpet - City Workshop.

Complained about the left pulling and as mentioned above he swapped the tires. I felt it was now veering towards the right - but I need to check it in long distance.

The vehicle seemed bit slower and the AC too seemed less cold, but could have been the afternoon heat. The waterwash was simply excellent. I wanted to ask if they do that separately for a small cost.

New Cost : 1230.

Here's the bill.

The petrol figos oil filter was some Rs 110-/
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Figo TDCi Titanium or Swift ZXi ? sajo Hatchbacks 95 26th September 2012 16:35
My Figo Titanium TDCi Squeeze trrk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 94 8th August 2010 14:57
My Ritz Zxi Glides through the clouds! 8000 kms till now. drameya Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 5 29th April 2010 15:28
IT pay-packets head for squeeze dadu Shifting gears 112 8th February 2008 11:56
Fiesta ZXi TDCi or Fusion TDCi ?? ajkail Sedans 20 28th August 2007 07:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks