Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd May 2010, 10:18   #1
BHPian

Talking

Come Tuesday the 27th 2010 and i got my Dzire Vxi home, exactly on the 27th day after i booked.

Here, i am, with my first short drive to Mardol, our Kuldevta, Shri Mahalasa Narayani and relatively longer one at Narve, my wife's encestoral Goddess Shri shantadurga's abode, for blessings.

Total distance travelled till date 705 km

Driving my Dolphine, i realised my decision was absolutely right as far choosing Dzire ahead of New Wagon -r, Ritz and the Manza.

Yes, the transmission of Dzire is tuned much better than ritz as far power is concerned. The 1.2 K Series in Dzire seems, having much more pulling power than the ritz. (Have test driven both Ritz and the blue eyed Boy).

Interiors are very good for a entry level sedan, plastics are OK, (much better than Manza though, had a test drive of Manza too., at an earlier stage of my car testing days).

Its a joy using the short Gear lever, slotting into precise gears. (I just love it).

I had been in a range of 1000 to 3000 rpm with max speed of 80 kph for the run in period.(Is this OK ??).

i suppose my tyres are little inflated on the higher side (i need to check them) so the ride is little bumpy.

I thought a three box sedan definately gives better comfort than any premium hatchback any given day (maybe physics works better for an sedan, just my opinion) more so at the back.

I too cranked my engine once, when on, so silent is the engine.

Music system quality is more than enough to me. but i miss a USB.

I am happy i bought a Dzire k series Wala rather than opting for Manza in the sedan section.

I had liked the ride of the Manza though and the huge space. but those were not my requirements.(PLASTIC QUALITY IS A REAL NEGATIVE OF MANZA)

I got a little burn smell during my ride (need to check up with aryaman sai)

Heck! today morning, i saw a scratch on the bonnet, of all the places.

It is heart breaking, a sick moron must have done this at the parking lot, while i was away for lunch.

Anyways i am getting over the pain, i will see if something can be done regards the scratch, during the first service.

I realize i have to be more philosophical as these things are part and parcel of life, amen!

I will get back to you guys as soon as possible, for more observations of my Dolphin on a short, Karwar trip, which followed.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Dzire - (Dolphin) arrived.-1.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 11th June 2010 at 17:29. Reason: Adding review to the opening post itself. This will make things easier for other forum users.
11mahesh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride, Mahesh. Do post a more detailed review once you've done some miles on her. The D'zire is one heck of a VFM car, too bad, its got such a long waiting period yet.

Drive safely.
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Kool Man.
Post some more pictures of your dolphin.
Here ib bangalore dezire has a waiting of 3 months .
yes post a detailed reviews with some more pics.
Cheers
Njoy
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:22   #4
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride.Do post a detailed review with lots of pictures.

Surprising, you got it in less than a month .How did you manage that or has the waiting period really come down so much.
rishab.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Congratulations on your new ride, Mahesh. Do post a more detailed review once you've done some miles on her. The D'zire is one heck of a VFM car, too bad, its got such a long waiting period yet.

Drive safely.

Agree here. Absolute VFM. Waiting period is a turn off, so is the looks. Now, don't bash me for the looks comment, I own the diesel counterpart.

@11mahesh11

Did you swap the tyres?

And yes, more pics and detailed review awaited.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

congrats man. what are you adding to her?
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:28   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post

Drive safely.
Thanks man, will post more, definitely.
Its sure an VFM car, i love the K series engine, its very good
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:23   #8
BHPian

Congrats Mahesh, on your new Dolphin.
Me too waiting eagerly for the Dzire Vdi.
Can you share the list of accessories that you are planning/installed.

Happy driving...
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 09:44   #9
BHPian

Thanks to Aryaman Sai Goa, a new Maruti Suzuki Dealership at Loutalim-Goa, (between Margao and Ponda) did the trick for me.
As I was the first to book my car at the new dealership, under an able sales executive Ganesh Shirodkar (ph: 9545454823) i was expecting a fast delivery which happened accordingly, just 72 days and my Dzire was fulfilled.

Aryaman Sai's Dynamic GM Mr. Avdhut Dalvi (right) handing over the Dzire Keys to Your's truly.
Aryaman Sai Showroom in the Back drop (probably, the biggest Maruti Suzuki showroom in Goa)
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Dzire - (Dolphin) arrived.-2.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 11:46   #10
BHPian

Starting from left, Sales executive Ganesh Shirodkar, Team leader Krupesh Naik, My Home Minister, Mummy and Pappa and of course, my Dolphine (Dolly for short, named by my Wifey) taking the center stage.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Dzire - (Dolphin) arrived.-4.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 12:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post

@11mahesh11

Did you swap the tyres?

And yes, more pics and detailed review awaited.

No i haven't swaped the tyres, maybe later.

i will come up with more pics and a detailed review as well, very soon.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:41   #12
BHPian

Sorry for the gaffe, its not 72 days but just the reverse i.e. 27 days, i got my dzire in 27 days.
Old 4th May 2010, 13:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
congrats man. what are you adding to her?
Thanks goandude, will install Pu leather seat covers or is it art leather ?? sorry for my ignorance
King Uncle at margoa says it will fetch little below 5 k. have to check personally with the quality.
I would like some suggestions on the color combination for my seats or for that matter whether single color will be fine. as u all know, my dolphine in clear beige.
Old 4th May 2010, 14:00   #14
BHPian

Congrats for the Dolly, Mahesh. The K12B is certainly a delight to drive. BTW, Any mods planed for your Dolly??
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 14:24   #15
BHPian

Congratulations Man! Atta Gaadi Ghevun Khoi Vataa? Bengaluraak Yo Mhure (In Goan Konkani: Where are you going now, come to Bangalore)? Put some more pictures please.

All the very best and drive safely. Dont forget to fasten up your seat belts.
yogeshnaik is offline   Reply With Quote