Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2010, 11:13   #181
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Awesome project, the end result is simply outstanding, but going by the standards this workshop follows, the outcome is no surprise to me, Have seen loads of such project coming out and they have always been truly outstanding.

Congrats on completion of this project, minor issues can be fixed, The paintjob looks very nice. OE is the way to go.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 21:31   #182
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Awesome project, the end result is simply outstanding, but going by the standards this workshop follows, the outcome is no surprise to me, Have seen loads of such project coming out and they have always been truly outstanding.

Congrats on completion of this project, minor issues can be fixed, The paintjob looks very nice. OE is the way to go.

Thank you Manan. As for "completion of the project" - did you have any doubts just kidding !!!!!

The car would be going back to the workshop for fixing the "ill fixed grille" & a few little things - NOT to miss the Audio - though nothing compared to the kind of Audio you have, but Rainbows nonetheless !!




Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 16:01   #183
BHPian
 
diesel_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 170
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Thats a Gem of a car Ricky and you sure have polished it well to look the part. Cheers to you and workshop for putting in such an effort. I am sure you are going to enjoy it for many years to come and be an object of envy for us less mortals. Congratulations once more !!
diesel_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 17:23   #184
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Thanks !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_maniac View Post
Thats a Gem of a car Ricky and you sure have polished it well to look the part. Cheers to you and workshop for putting in such an effort. I am sure you are going to enjoy it for many years to come and be an object of envy for us less mortals. Congratulations once more !!


Thank you diesel_maniac

I certainly do hope to enjoy it for many many years to come.







Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 18:57   #185
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Thumbs up Audio Upgrade !!

Finally the alloy caps that had been missing all this while arrived, and what a perfect fit !! Makes the whole thing look complete & so much better !!

Also finally got the Audio Install done. Kenwood HU with USB & Aux with 4 Rainbow Speakers in stock locations. Perfect clip on fit.

Sound is great - crisp and clear from 4.7 inch speakers now that says something of the quality of the German products.


Unfortunately the pictures got lost while downloading on the computer.

Will post fresh pictures - possibly tommorow





Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 19:16   #186
BHPian
 
GordonGekko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 258
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 17th June 2010 at 09:50.
GordonGekko is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 15th June 2010, 16:06   #187
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Finally the Audio Upgrade !!

Hi

Had lost all pics I took of the speakers fresh out of the box & all, comparative pictures between the old & new speakers etc.

So here are some fresh pictures of the install, sorry no detailed ones of the Rainbow speakers. The speakers are a snap on fit at the rear & 4 screws is all it took for the front speakers to fit perfectly in OE location. They come with pre-fab adapter rings, the fit was brilliant, what makes it even better is the eye for detail & passion with which the install was done by Jasdeep of BBW Distributors. Gunbir later gave a run down on how to set what on the HU & let me listen to some of the music on his ipod.

I got the HU myself, I prefer simple stuff that delivers.

This was not a very high-end install. Pretty basic, but the Rainbows (specifically built) for the W124, do the job very well.

They sound nice to me, after all what does one expect from a 4.7" speaker running off the HU ?? No BIG sound, but clarity YES, they are pretty well suited for my kind of listening & the sound is in Sync with the car's sober personality

Also finally got the Alloy caps for the wheels. The alloys look complete now, and I think they look nice.


Here are some pics !!
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes E 250d W124-merc-audio-install-005.jpg  

Mercedes E 250d W124-merc-audio-install-007.jpg  

Mercedes E 250d W124-merc-audio-install-008.jpg  

Mercedes E 250d W124-merc-audio-install-014.jpg  

Mercedes E 250d W124-merc-audio-install-015.jpg  

Mercedes E 250d W124-merc-audio-install-010.jpg  

Mercedes E 250d W124-merc-audio-install-011.jpg  


Last edited by Ricky_63 : 15th June 2010 at 16:20.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 16:26   #188
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: kolkata
Posts: 273
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

Man that is some car you got there..What craftsmanship!!I have'nt seen a Merc belonging to this era in such pristine condition.

White truly looks regal on this car.After seeing the pics, all I can say is road presence is something that cars of the recent times lack.Way to go.
octane1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 16:30   #189
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Wow Ricky. I was waiting for your little project to reach completion before commenting. The end result, I must say, is just fantastic. It looks super clean and having seen the pictures before and after, the effort that has gone into this project is very evident. You must be very pleased with yourself. A truly timeless classic.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 16:37   #190
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default

Nice,Nice.
I have the same rainbow sticker on my Car.

Ricky Jee,it deserves a better Headunit,something thats elegant to look at,and better than this.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 22:37   #191
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 278 Times
Default

Congrats Sir, finally the beauty is complete. Miles to go, wishing you and the Merc a vrooming time to come.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 11:17   #192
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Man that is some car you got there..What craftsmanship!!I have'nt seen a Merc belonging to this era in such pristine condition.

White truly looks regal on this car.After seeing the pics, all I can say is road presence is something that cars of the recent times lack.Way to go.
Thanks octane1002, could not help but highlight part of your post



Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Wow Ricky. I was waiting for your little project to reach completion before commenting. The end result, I must say, is just fantastic. It looks super clean and having seen the pictures before and after, the effort that has gone into this project is very evident. You must be very pleased with yourself. A truly timeless classic.

Thanks flyingspur, glad to know you find the end result appreciable. Yes the effort seems to have paid off.


Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Nice,Nice.
I have the same rainbow sticker on my Car.

Ricky Jee,it deserves a better Headunit,something thats elegant to look at,and better than this.

akshay4587, thank you for your comments. The HU serves the purpose well, and that is all I was looking for. I am not much of an Audiophile, so does the job for me..

Believe me it is elegant enough - maybe does not look great in the pics. BUT does what it needs to quite well.



Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Congrats Sir, finally the beauty is complete. Miles to go, wishing you and the Merc a vrooming time to come.

Thanks tsk13, yes the car is pretty much done, except for some minor stuff for which it will be going back to the workshop.



Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 11:57   #193
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,756
Thanked: 1,553 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
akshay4587, thank you for your comments. The HU serves the purpose well, and that is all I was looking for. I am not much of an Audiophile, so does the job for me..

Believe me it is elegant enough - maybe does not look great in the pics. BUT does what it needs to quite well.Cheers
I agree,as i have used this HU and it does the Job well.
but i was comenting,on the asthetic part of it.
it just needs to be a bit elegant,comparing to the outlook of the car.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 15:00   #194
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I agree,as i have used this HU and it does the Job well.
but i was comenting,on the asthetic part of it.
it just needs to be a bit elegant,comparing to the outlook of the car.


Do you really think anybody wants to look at the HU after looking at the car Just kidding, I know what you mean, just that the looks are OK as far as I am concerned, and the sound is fine, as are the features.

Thanks anyway for the feedback


Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 16th June 2010 at 15:02.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 10:26   #195
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,735
Thanked: 89,308 Times
Default

Looking totally fab, Ricky! Congratulations.

1. Please change the orange turning lamps (front and on the fender)) to clear type. These look very outdated.

2. In the side profile picture, the wheel + tyre combo looks rather small. What's the exact size you are running?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes E-Class (W124) Used Value? Raja Luxury, Imports & Niche 88 3rd September 2016 15:18
W124 - Mercedes E220 or E250D? Which would you buy? GTO The Indian Car Scene 119 6th June 2016 15:24
How much for a 1996 Mercedes W124 E250 D? aadix Luxury, Imports & Niche 38 4th January 2014 16:24
Mercedes E220 (W124 series) setup Raja In-Car Entertainment 38 21st June 2013 09:47
Mercedes W124 Crashed! maxbhp Street Experiences 47 29th June 2010 23:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:09.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks