Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th June 2010, 10:49   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Looking totally fab, Ricky! Congratulations.

1. Please change the orange turning lamps (front and on the fender)) to clear type. These look very outdated.

2. In the side profile picture, the wheel + tyre combo looks rather small. What's the exact size you are running?

Thanks GTO, glad to know you like it too !!

As for the orange indicators, quite honestly, I chose to have them this way, as I wanted to retain the old school look all the way. I am having trouble finding new fender indicators, they are broken clips so need to replace them, any pointers ?

As for the wheels. These are OE Merc Alloys 7J that came with the car. The tyres are 195/65/15 Yokohama V550's. I thought of using wider tyres but was dissuaded by the Merc guys. Actually in flesh it appears fine, not under-tyred at all.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 17th June 2010 at 10:51.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 17:38   #197

Hey Ricky, fabulous car you got there. Saw a glimpse of it today, on the road leading to The Galleria at around 1500 hrs. Was parked on the left side of the road with you in it presumably (wearing spectacles?). It looked pristine and really doesn't look under-tyred at all. Congratulations. Hope to see more of it on Gurgaon roads and the next time I'll surely walk up and say Hi!
CaptainKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 21:05   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKG View Post
Hey Ricky, fabulous car you got there. Saw a glimpse of it today, on the road leading to The Galleria at around 1500 hrs. Was parked on the left side of the road with you in it presumably (wearing spectacles?). It looked pristine and really doesn't look under-tyred at all. Congratulations. Hope to see more of it on Gurgaon roads and the next time I'll surely walk up and say Hi!

Wow so now the car is getting to be recognized on the road !!! and you observed all of that in the passing ?? Some observation CaptainKG Spectacles Yup that is me !!

Thanks, nice to know you liked the car & I agree with it not looking under-tyred, sure thing it is mostly in Gurgaon

Cheers
Old 17th June 2010, 21:29   #199
BHPian

She looks gorgeous. You must be proud of her.

Did you get around to sorting the hood's alignment? Or did I miss a post? Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to find fault or anything in all the work that's been done.

Thanks for keeping all of us on t-bhp posted while you spent your time and money getting your Merc back into shape.

Have you done anything to your interior wood trim? Or are they OE?
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 21:33   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
She looks gorgeous. You must be proud of her.

Did you get around to sorting the hood's alignment? Or did I miss a post? Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to find fault or anything in all the work that's been done.

Thanks for keeping all of us on t-bhp posted while you spent your time and money getting your Merc back into shape.

Have you done anything to your interior wood trim? Or are they OE?

Thank you Sire !! Proud no - Happy yes (modesty) !! The grille alignment will be done in the next week or two once I get back my other vehicle from the workshop.

The interior wood trim is OE, I have done NOTHING to it

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 17th June 2010 at 21:35.
Old 22nd June 2010, 21:31   #201
Senior - BHPian

Hello is anybody home ???????

I have given the part number to a friend that is travelling to Singapore. Got my fingers crossed that I get it from there - if not here !!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Old 22nd June 2010, 22:36   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hello is anybody home ???????

I have given the part number to a friend that is travelling to Singapore. Got my fingers crossed that I get it from there - if not here !!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Can you tell me the part number Ricky? Our family friends have Merc's A.S.S. in Chandigarh. Can ask them for help.

BTW - did you give the Chandni Chowk market a shot? From what I hear, you can get original parts of any and every car at dirt cheap prices.

Last edited by AlokSriva : 22nd June 2010 at 22:38.
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:29   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Can you tell me the part number Ricky? Our family friends have Merc's A.S.S. in Chandigarh. Can ask them for help.

BTW - did you give the Chandni Chowk market a shot? From what I hear, you can get original parts of any and every car at dirt cheap prices.

Thanks for the offer. I should know if about 6 days if the Singapore angle works. Anyways, the Part Number : 1248200021

I don't know any place in Chandni Chowk Are you by any chance meaning Jamma Masjid Bazaar ?? There are a lot of scrap dealers there, one can find parts there - yes, but this item is too small & brittle for them to bother keeping it.

Cheers
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:08   #204
BHPian

Not a problem at all Ricky.. Do let me know if you are able to procure it from Singapore. If not, I can always check if its available in Chandigarh.

And yes, its the same market that I was referring to - I haven't ever been there myself but have heard about it from close acquaintances. As they say - bhaagte bhoot kee... - if everything else fails, this option could be the last resort.

Though driving down to that part of town is a mission by itself - the saving graces could be the indicator cover, if you are able to find it, and Kareem's
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:15   #205
BHPian

Ricky Jee,

Today only I saw this thread. Took some time for me to go thru all the 14 pages. The car looks simply awesome. This is pure passion !!. Congrats!!.

What kind of maintenance cost one should expect if he were to use this car for the next three years and run ~50,000 kms?
MilesAndSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:47   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Not a problem at all Ricky.. Do let me know if you are able to procure it from Singapore. If not, I can always check if its available in Chandigarh.

And yes, its the same market that I was referring to - I haven't ever been there myself but have heard about it from close acquaintances. As they say - bhaagte bhoot kee... - if everything else fails, this option could be the last resort.

Though driving down to that part of town is a mission by itself - the saving graces could be the indicator cover, if you are able to find it, and Kareem's
Thanks again, as for going there yourself, you'd be better off taking a cab or something, cannot risk your own car. For all you know you'll having missing wing mirrors by the time you get back & a number of scratches that come complimentary with the visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAndSmiles View Post
Ricky Jee,

Today only I saw this thread. Took some time for me to go thru all the 14 pages. The car looks simply awesome. This is pure passion !!. Congrats!!.

What kind of maintenance cost one should expect if he were to use this car for the next three years and run ~50,000 kms?
Glad you liked the car. As for the maintenance over the next 3 years, never given it a thought. If it continues to run the way she does. It'd take 2 odd services a year, unless there is something more drastic like the clutch or the engine (God forbid) In that case you could look at even 1.5L in 3 years..it's really relative & how well you look after the engine etc how regular you are with general check ups etc etc.

Cheers
Old 24th June 2010, 06:00   #207
BHPian

The car looks great. I think the car is begging for larger wheels.

Cheers
VLOCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 09:39   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
The car looks great. I think the car is begging for larger wheels.

Cheers

Thanks VLOCT

As for the bigger wheels as of now - no, because I have already gone over budget, and the OE wheels look fairly nice in flesh.

Needless to say that the 17's would take the car (visually) to another level. Maybe once I am tired of this look, I may go for 17's at the cost of ride quality, which is brilliant at this point in time.

Cheers
Old 25th June 2010, 14:06   #209
BHPian

Man Ricky, that is one helloffa restoration project! At the end a Very neat and clean W124 at your palms, look after her well...

Cheers
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 20:49   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Man Ricky, that is one helloffa restoration project! At the end a Very neat and clean W124 at your palms, look after her well...

Cheers
Thank you for your kind words. Glad you like the outcome. Yes Sir, will look after it to the best of my ability

Cheers