Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th August 2010, 13:06   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I think you should at present concentrate on more important issues. The keys should come last, just my opinion

Duuuuuh!
At present I only have a few issues left to be sorted out. Yesterday I got the car serviced (all lubes and filters changed) and a few issues sorted out (creaking doors, squeaky power windows, radiator bottle leak and the main headlamp control was replaced).
Now the major remaining work to be done is, front suspension overhaul, break pad & disk replacement. The rest is pretty much fine tuning and general adjustments. No paint job for now. Only a polishing to see if the original paint is still in good condition under the oxidized layer. Besides monsoon is not the time for a paint job.
Viraat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 21:32   #242
Senior - BHPian

Trunk lock misbehaving...got it rectified in 5 minutes. MB does build the car with a lot of thought, don't they.

Still need to settle the "final bill" LOL

Should be doing that tomorrow. (hopefully)

Rest "All izzz well"

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 13:01   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Trunk lock misbehaving...got it rectified in 5 minutes. MB does build the car with a lot of thought, don't they.

Still need to settle the "final bill" LOL

Should be doing that tomorrow. (hopefully)

Rest "All izzz well"

Cheers
hey ricky...i just dont bilieve how i missed this thread! your car has turned out to be a stunner. i am so glad just looking at the final results.
konjaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 16:32   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
hey ricky...i just dont bilieve how i missed this thread! your car has turned out to be a stunner. i am so glad just looking at the final results.

Thanks konjaril, glad you liked the final outcome.

Cheers
Old 5th December 2010, 20:01   #245
Senior - BHPian

I AM HAVING TO SELL THE CAR DUE TO MY BAD BACK !. So that shall be a sad parting, from a car that I had wanted to keep for good.

So anyone who has a thing for a METICULOUS W124 E 250D, can PM me.

Details of the car are all over the thread.

For some reason I am unable to post an advt. in the classifieds. Hence putting the information here for fellow Bhpians

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 5th December 2010 at 20:03.
Old 5th December 2010, 20:10   #246
BHPian

Quote:
I AM HAVING TO SELL THE CAR DUE TO MY BAD BACK !. So that shall be a sad parting, from a car that I had wanted to keep for good.

So anyone who has a thing for a METICULOUS W124 E 250D, can PM me.

Details of the car are all over the thread.

For some reason I am unable to post an advt. in the classifieds. Hence putting the information here for fellow Bhpians
What is wrong with your back?
Me and my father both have back issues and yet we find that the W124 is the most comfortable place to sit.

I can only imagine how sad it must be to part with a car that you clearly love!
Old 5th December 2010, 20:38   #247
Senior - BHPian

Ricky,
well thats very sad indeed specially after seeing your excitement on buying W124 and doing it up so well.

btw the car is registered in delhi or somewhere else and whats the expected price/
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 21:02   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Ricky,
well thats very sad indeed specially after seeing your excitement on buying W124 and doing it up so well.

btw the car is registered in delhi or somewhere else and whats the expected price/

Yup sad indeed. But if I cannot drive it what's the point ? Ya the car is Delhi registered. Price ?? Well, it cost me what it did. Make your best offer.

I'd rather discuss prices on PM

Thanks for the interest

@Viraat
I have a dislocated disc, so getting in a low car or out of it makes me look & feel like a 80 year old or worse. Hence the decision. I agree that the W 124 is a VERY comfortable car in terms of seating, suspension & everything else. BUT if getting in & out is a issue, what is the point ?

There are various deviations to back problems. Hopefully your's is not as bad as mine.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 5th December 2010 at 21:13.
Old 6th December 2010, 16:04   #249
BHPian

Quote:
@Viraat
I have a dislocated disc, so getting in a low car or out of it makes me look & feel like a 80 year old or worse. Hence the decision. I agree that the W 124 is a VERY comfortable car in terms of seating, suspension & everything else. BUT if getting in & out is a issue, what is the point ?

There are various deviations to back problems. Hopefully your's is not as bad as mine.

Cheers
Are you sure it's a permanent sort of thing?
I meant comfortable in terms of the seating. Never sat in more supportive seats. But yes, all those things too!

Well I suppose if you can't get in and out of the car, then I'm better off. I have excessive curvature in my spine. Not exactly permanent.

So from now on I suppose you shall only be using SUV's and the likes? Easier to climb in I suppose?
Do we have to look out for a Mercedes Benz G or M Class restoration thread any time soon?
Old 6th December 2010, 16:25   #250
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Ricky that back problem is hard luck.

You have a lovely car here and am sure there will be many buyers. Have been following your thread keenly. At another time (just bought a car) I would have lined up first.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 16:41   #251
Senior - BHPian

Thanks every one for the advise / support. Do spread the word around if you can

Cheers
Old 7th December 2010, 16:34   #252
Senior - BHPian

This is really SAD.
The same thing happened to me, though I am still facing the back issues and part of the reason for me selling the safari was my back pain. Its not exactly in the back bone but the sacroiliac joints.

Still not OK though but sometimes it pains like hell and other times its like nothing ever happened.
But yours is simply bad luck. Wish I had the cash and the guts to buy the iconic W124, something which I have longed and dreamed since ever I can remember.

Best of luck mate and take care of you back
Cheers
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 22:06   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
This is really SAD.
The same thing happened to me, though I am still facing the back issues and part of the reason for me selling the safari was my back pain. Its not exactly in the back bone but the sacroiliac joints.

Still not OK though but sometimes it pains like hell and other times its like nothing ever happened.
But yours is simply bad luck. Wish I had the cash and the guts to buy the iconic W124, something which I have longed and dreamed since ever I can remember.

Best of luck mate and take care of you back
Cheers

Thanks Harjeev. I wish I could keep it FOREVER & leave it to my kids but alas that is not to be.

Appreciate your words !!!!

Cheers
Old 7th December 2010, 22:54   #254
BHPian

Default slip disc treatment

I really feel bad you have to part with the car man. i almost feel like i am parting with my own caar..kidding..

this is terribly off topic here ricky, but i had got a major slip disc 3 years ago while doing a heavy weight lift.. i know what pain you are talking about. To top it all my left leg main nerve got caught between the disc and blood supply to the particular leg diminished. doctors recomended surgery but i found out after a lot of reading that surgery is not advised.

i took a month long vacation, planned a trip to kerala and underwent extensive ayurvedic treatment with medication and massages, with a very strict diet. i am telling you man within a year i started heavy lifts again and till date not even a trace of it.. So try it. because its not good to just keep it unattended.

Take care man!
konjaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 10:47   #255
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: slip disc treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
I really feel bad you have to part with the car man. i almost feel like i am parting with my own caar..kidding..

this is terribly off topic here ricky, but i had got a major slip disc 3 years ago while doing a heavy weight lift.. i know what pain you are talking about. To top it all my left leg main nerve got caught between the disc and blood supply to the particular leg diminished. doctors recomended surgery but i found out after a lot of reading that surgery is not advised.

i took a month long vacation, planned a trip to kerala and underwent extensive ayurvedic treatment with medication and massages, with a very strict diet. i am telling you man within a year i started heavy lifts again and till date not even a trace of it.. So try it. because its not good to just keep it unattended.

Take care man!

Thanks very much, really appreciate it !! Then I can keep my car & probably even drive a 911 someday

Cheers