Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 16:48   #1
Default Tata Safari GX 2010 (PW) - Booked, and now preparing for delivery

Well, how much have i waited for this moment to arrive in my life, and now it finally has, i booked my Tata Safari GX 4X4 Pearl White on Friday 30th April.

The search started with a brief to find a vehicle for me and my wife's love for the highway life and our desire to drive around the country. We needed a car which would let us do all this and more with ease, have lotza space and was in the 12-13 lack bracket, had a non agricultural image, and gave a involved owner experience (the saf does it in more that one way).

Post the Safari-Innova-Scorpio debate was closed in the favor of the Tata, we went about searching for the best deal in town, and after several dealer visits and fellow bhpian's guidance, i booked the car through Concorde Motors, Prabhadevi.

A quick snapshot of the deal:
  • 15k cash discount
  • 10% discount on insurance
  • Free accessories (matting for sure, sun control film depending on what the dealer offers, not sure if i should take teflon coating???)
  • Loan from Reliance Capital Car Loans for 3 yrs @ 9.5% on reducing balance for Rs. 900,000.
Apart from all these, have also asked the dealer sales person for the following:
  1. Pre Registration check at the TML Bhiwandi yard (agreed, in fact he says he can come along if i want him to)
  2. Special number request (he can get me a total or a specific no at a nice rate, i am not sure about this)
  3. ICE upgrade - Buy back the OE ICE, and upgrade it to a config of my choice.
What am i feeling right now:

About the dealer: Frankly it was surprising to see Concorde turn out to be the most aggressive of the lot. i was attended to very well at the showroom on all my visits, was spoken to by the sales person nicely and all the details that i asked for were provided. They let my wife and her friend spend a good 30 mins sitting in the Fiat 500 which was on display as well (the car was locked for all other visitors, and this made a difference ). They were aggressive in terms of buying my old car, and agreed to my rate when i decided to not budge from a particular price.

So far have been clear in terms of stating the time line for delivery, i wanted the car on the 16th (akshaya tritiya) considered a very auspicious day, but so far they have not committed that they will be able to deliver, as per them it will depend on the TML assembly line, and the time they take to manufacture a 4X4. I like truth more than false assurances.

Over all a very good pre buying and booking experience, lets see how it finally shapes up.

Reliance Car Loan - i gave them the documents on Friday evening (had carried all the possible documents that they could have asked for (after a home loan, car loans are simpler), i got the confirmation on sms and then a call that the loan has been approved for 9.5 lacs (although i am taking only 9).

Amazingly quick response, i had applied to TMF as well (only to get a better rate) and they are yet to do my verifications. Ease of use and a good rate made me go for Reliance, and on checking the rates with carwale found that the EMI that i will be paying, is one rupees less than displayed in their calculator. Rs 28602 per month

So while i am BeCar right now, i have made a list of things that i would like to do when the car arrives, would put them in a separate post later, right now i just feel gooood, and my heartfelt thanks to all bhpians for their help.

*mods hope this is the right forum, otherwise pls move the post.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari GX 2010 (PW) - Booked, and now preparing for delivery-emi.png  

Old 4th May 2010, 18:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the booking! Welcome to the club!

4x4 are usually made in low numbers, more so the GX 4x4. Follow up with Concord regularly.

PS: As per the new forum rules, no separate booking threads. Have reported.

As for insurance, ditch the dealer and take if from outside. You will save a lot, a hell lot

Do not go for teflon coating! Not needed on a new vehicle and mostly they would not do it, but would say they did!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 4th May 2010 at 18:26.
Old 4th May 2010, 19:28   #3
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team-Bhp Support Team - Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread