Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th May 2010, 02:00   #61
BHPian

@ kameshR . Took delivery of my wagonR 3 days back. Unlike you i am noticing a very bad loss of power in 2nd and 1st gear under 10kmph when ac is on.

Today had gone to a mall and the car refused to move up in 2nd and stalled . It struggled to pull in 1st gear even after being given enough gas. I had to ride teh clutch to get it to go up.

Have you tested with AC on in your car.
-NUT-case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 07:55   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
@ kameshR . Took delivery of my wagonR 3 days back. Unlike you i am noticing a very bad loss of power in 2nd and 1st gear under 10kmph when ac is on.

Today had gone to a mall and the car refused to move up in 2nd and stalled . It struggled to pull in 1st gear even after being given enough gas. I had to ride teh clutch to get it to go up.

Have you tested with AC on in your car.
Hi Nut-Case, this indeed is strange. Did you face this in the TD vehicle too? How about taking the TD vehicle for a spin to the mall? perhaps you could ask the service engineer to accompany you too. Could they do something to tweak the settings which I'm sure is by default set for max FE.
KameshR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 11:59   #63
BHPian

Had gone to maruti A*S*S . They did a check and said that all parameters are normal and that this loss of power is common in the K series engine.

Have not taken TD vehicle to the mall. I will be gone for a week . Once i am back will take the TD vehicle to the mall and test it. Hope it is something minor . Also the first FE check shows just 9.5 kmpl (city driving with 100% ac) . Inadequate pick-up combined with bad FE is a "loose loose" situation. Will have done 1000km after the trip and hence can have 1st service done.
Am planning on a hill climb and this lack of power has me worried!
-NUT-case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 11:23   #64
SCH
BHPian

Hi Nut Case / Kamesh,

Any update on the New Wagon R, for there has been no inputs from your end for the last week.

Nut Case we were expecting a review from your end as you had stated in earlier posts.

It seems you are very satisfied with your Car..........
SCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 12:05   #65
BHPian

Hi Mate,

I won't wonder why you have choosen the same old Wagon-R again. Today I got a chance to sit first time in the blue eyed boy. When I sat in the front I thought, oh..okay... good leg space, when I sat in the rear...Oooh!!! I was stunned..!! Think for 3 persons to sit adjacent on rear be little uncomfortable and also a less boot space compared to the outgoing version, but all are compensated with the ample of leg space that is available both in front and rear. One provision would have been much better is the adjustable sliding rear seat to get back the same old boot space.

I didn't get a chance to test drive. So not sure about the performance, riding quality,etc.

Thanks,
SANSI

Last edited by SANSI : 28th May 2010 at 12:08.
SANSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 14:29   #66

Hi folks,

Congratulations to the proud owners of the new WagonR.
Would like to share my experience of Test driving the vehicle:

Pros

Road presence (includes size)
Good legroom (both front & back)
Maruti brand name and A.S.S.
ABS and airbags on top-end version
60:40 seat-split
Lots of little cubby hole type places
Good quality upholstery

Cons

Smallish boot
Still looks like a box
No luxury feel whatsoever (debatable if this is to be expected at all)
Poor steering feedback leading to zero driving pleasure
Weakish engine - feels stressed easily

Some of the points mentioned above are totally based on my feelings on driving the vehicle. However, to me, the drive-feel matters more than other considerations. People buy cars based on their own criteria - so no decision is absolute (either totally right or wrong).

Cheerio!
coolnawab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 18:31   #67
SCH
BHPian

Just test drove the New Wagon R today, top end model with ABS. I took it around Noida and also on the Noida expressway. With AC I did not find any power loss in the engine. It easily climbed to 100 km/hr on the Express way. It feels planted if I compare it to the Santro. The leg space is in abundance and the steering feels good for city driving. The driving seat is good and has nice cushion surround effect.

The negatives in my opinion , is the road noise which creeps in to the cabin is slightly on the higher side, may be it is got to do with the stock tyres.

The horn sound with in the cabin is too loud. The 1000 cc engine has its own demerits in terms of slightly high NVH levels and feels stressed at 100 km/hr with AC but goes further without AC. Boot space is considerably reduced

But all in all it would sell as a city car, as it has a big car feel, is fuel efficient ( if ARAI figures are right ) and has Maruti service to back.

As per the sales man, Vxi is more in demand and has a waiting of 3 weeks.
SCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 20:38   #68
BHPian

Hello Kamesh Sir, Any updates on the F.E part? How much are you getting inside city and how much of performance does the A/C take away from the engine?

Being the only person to write an ownership report on a new car should be a difficult task, with a lot of questions needing answers. Cant help that

Can any other one on the forum come with his experience with the Blue Eyed Boy?
-Nut-Case... any chance of you doing that?
SchumiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 02:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Hello Kamesh Sir, Any updates on the F.E part? How much are you getting inside city and how much of performance does the A/C take away from the engine?

Being the only person to write an ownership report on a new car should be a difficult task, with a lot of questions needing answers. Cant help that

Can any other one on the forum come with his experience with the Blue Eyed Boy?
-Nut-Case... any chance of you doing that?
Hi SchumiFan, Apologies for going aloof.

I knew updates were pending regarding FE and First service. Recently some higher priority things are robbing my spare time, but they definitely are not diluting my interest in either the wagon or in Team-Bhp.

It is indeed interesting to see that its been over a month and there has been only one review on the all new Wagon-R.

Updates soon to follow....
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:48   #70

Default Wagon-R delivery being postponed due to "technical snag"

Hi All,
Posting on behalf of a friend who booked new wagon-R VXi in last week of April 2010, at Seva automobile,Nagpur.

When he checked yesterday, only 2 VXi have been delivered in Nagpur since launch. While LX and LXi are available and are being delivered.

When asked about why the delay for VXi model, the dealer said - "due to technical issues in VXi model, MUL has stopped the lot". Although 'what' technical issue he did not let know and says MUL is fixing the issue currently and will take one more month for the deliveries to begin.

This whole episode looks fishy to me and does not sound credible. Did anyone here book new Wagon-R in VXi trim and is waiting for some inexplicable issues? Also is there really any technical issue?

Due to this reason put forward by dealer, my friend is considering to cancel the booking and go for either i10 or Beat.

Any help in this regard will be helpful.

thanks in advance.
amol4184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 18:09   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Hi All,
Posting on behalf of a friend who booked new wagon-R VXi in last week of April 2010, at Seva automobile,Nagpur.

thanks in advance.
Surprising! I wonder what could that inexplicable issue. The extra bells and whistles in the VXi could hardly be a factor to stop deliveries.

Our car was delivered a day late (that’s hardly a delay) but truth be told – The SA said they were delivering 70-80 cars per day and most were LXI’s.

It could be different now, but I have not heard anything unusual about VXi's even during my last visit for the 1K service.
Old 25th June 2010, 19:17   #72
BHPian

@amol4184

i have booked a wagon-r vxi(abs+airbag) around 2 weeks back. And the dealer told us that mostly Lxi's are coming and VXI's are really rare. And once for selecting the colour, we visited their garage and there too we saw all LX's and LXI's and there was not even a single vxi. Do not know what the trouble is. If anyone comes to know about the problem, please do post here. And in the same way if i get to know something, will surely inform you guys. Thanks
freakmuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 12:10   #73

@ amol4184

The case is not different in Bangalore as well i.e., long waiting periods for WR VXi. All leading dealers are quoting more than 3.5 months of waiting period and the rest are saying 2 months atleast. I didn't hear any technical related reasons regarding VXi from any of them though. But as said above by couple of you, LXis are available pretty easily. Not sure what the real issue is. Infact I myself booked a VXi yesterday and agreed to wait for 2 months.
CheNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 13:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

I guess the demand has shifted from Lxi to Vxi based on the VFM factor. In the new WagonR, the Vxi is more VFM than the Lxi. Maruti might have miscalculated this, because for the previous gen WagonR, the Lxi was the model that had the most demand, follwed by the Vxi and then Lx.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 13:18   #75
BHPian

Kamesh, congrats on your ride. Its indeed a fantastic car in city limits.

Could you please post a pic of the tray?
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote