Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th May 2010, 12:09   #16
BHPian

Congrats on the 3. Car looks awesome.

Have you taken any long drive on the car yet? I found the suspension way too hard for our roads.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 12:35   #17
BHPian

wow the car is a looker and the alloys on the CE looks so much better. You must be on cloud 7 after driving this car. Your words truly reflect what you feel about your car and we all can see that you are totally in awe with it. Many congrats buddy!!
ashish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 16:36   #18
BHPian

first of all congratulations!

the car is a head turner for sure!

but i would like to say this, if i had the money i would have added a few extra's like the xenon lamps! (lights package - dunno if you can add it or not on the Corp ED) with white LED chroma rings! believe me this one thing is worth the money!

one day i was crossing the street and i came across a new white 730LD with those white LED chroma rings /angel eyes on. it was evening. the car slowed down for me. i quickly got of its ways. but i still remember the "halo" effect! the Audi's have their beautiful LED DRLs but these rings define a BMW! i hope people understand what i am trying to convey. my point is people have not bought this car for just daily commuting they buy this baby for the car itself.!

also another thing worth addition are these alloys! they just scream sporty! the CE alloys are great but some people have commented that they look like an aftermarket fitment! i don't believe so! and yes i know these additions may not be practical. but my thought behind this is when you can spend 28 lacs why not a 1-2 lacs more! eh??
Attached Images

Last edited by Caramelo : 10th May 2010 at 16:43.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 18:17   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
but i would like to say this, if i had the money i would have added a few extra's like the xenon lamps! (lights package - dunno if you can add it or not on the Corp ED) with white LED chroma rings! believe me this one thing is worth the money!

also another thing worth addition are these alloys!
The lights package is available for the CE but the Corona Rings are yellowish only. It's the new BMW' which come with the white ones. Even the Z4 has the old corona rings, while the F02 7-series and the F10 5-series have white rings. They look good, agreed, but I quite like the old yellowish shade corona rings too.

And those alloys look great but they're 18" and will ruin the ride on the 3. The only reason why the ride is even bearable in the CE is ebcause the rims are 16" and tyre profile is a comfy 55 as compared to the 225/45 17 which are provided with the 325i.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 10:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
The lights package is available for the CE but the Corona Rings are yellowish only. It's the new BMW' which come with the white ones. Even the Z4 has the old corona rings, while the F02 7-series and the F10 5-series have white rings. They look good, agreed, but I quite like the old yellowish shade corona rings too.
the white LEDs corona rings are fully made up of small LEDs arranged very close to each other these make that beautiful effect. the halogen rings seem a lil dull compared to the bright(even in day) white corona rings. thats my point!

And those alloys look great but they're 18" and will ruin the ride on the 3. The only reason why the ride is even bearable in the CE is ebcause the rims are 16" and tyre profile is a comfy 55 as compared to the 225/45 17 which are provided with the 325i.[/quote]

on a different note, i love the way that almost all the safety features are intact! they have not tampered with that to reduce cost. so in effect you still get a powerful and safe german saloon! cool isnt it!

and yes i know about the whole "practicallity" aspect for not going thru with these changes. but i think we all agree that it 3 series which is already a killer car will look like a psychotic serial killer, no wait a mean calculating hitman!

Last edited by Caramelo : 11th May 2010 at 10:18.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 16:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Congrats on the 3. Car looks awesome.

Have you taken any long drive on the car yet? I found the suspension way too hard for our roads.
Yes I did take it to Pune last weekend. Sped upto 195 kph. Did feel the suspension hard at all. I only find it a bit hard at slow speeds. So I think I know the solution - it depends on my right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
wow the car is a looker and the alloys on the CE looks so much better. You must be on cloud 7 after driving this car. Your words truly reflect what you feel about your car and we all can see that you are totally in awe with it. Many congrats buddy!!
thanks Ashish - today morning my driver asked for a 20 day leave to go to his home town and bring back his family. I approved it in 5 seconds

Quote:
first of all congratulations!

the car is a head turner for sure!

one day i was crossing the street and i came across a new white 730LD with those white LED chroma rings /angel eyes on. it was evening. the car slowed down for me. i quickly got of its ways. but i still remember the "halo" effect! the Audi's have their beautiful LED DRLs but these rings define a BMW! i hope people understand what i am trying to convey. my point is people have not bought this car for just daily commuting they buy this baby for the car itself.!

also another thing worth addition are these alloys! they just scream sporty! the CE alloys are great but some people have commented that they look like an aftermarket fitment! i don't believe so! and yes i know these additions may not be practical. but my thought behind this is when you can spend 28 lacs why not a 1-2 lacs more! eh??
I think the yellow lights go better with the black colour - they obviously look beautiful at night. I personally feel the angel eye look is a tad bit flashy. This is more understated and elegant. Even if I had the money, spending 7-8 lacs plus on bi-zenons, sun roof, etc. was not worth it. The only feature I miss is the Bluetooth. Navnit told me INR 51k for fitting it. You think its worth that. The other issue is retrofitting anything in the outside market can disturb the warranty - so no fiddling for 2 years atleast.

Quote:
the white LEDs corona rings are fully made up of small LEDs arranged very close to each other these make that beautiful effect. the halogen rings seem a lil dull compared to the bright(even in day) white corona rings. thats my point!

And those alloys look great but they're 18" and will ruin the ride on the 3. The only reason why the ride is even bearable in the CE is ebcause the rims are 16" and tyre profile is a comfy 55 as compared to the 225/45 17 which are provided with the 325i.
on a different note, i love the way that almost all the safety features are intact! they have not tampered with that to reduce cost. so in effect you still get a powerful and safe german saloon! cool isnt it!

and yes i know about the whole "practicallity" aspect for not going thru with these changes. but i think we all agree that it 3 series which is already a killer car will look like a psychotic serial killer, no wait a mean calculating hitman! [/quote]

I guess the tyres are fine. I would trust the BMW engineer for introducing them here. I am keeping the pressure 30-31 all around. Any suggestions here? Yes no compromise of the safety features, including the rear view mirror - I am just so happy to see little green globes instead of some puny car flashing incessantly behind me
contangoback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 18:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contangoback View Post
The only feature I miss is the Bluetooth. Navnit told me INR 51k for fitting it. You think its worth that. The other issue is retrofitting anything in the outside market can disturb the warranty - so no fiddling for 2 years atleast.
There are few navigation models which support Bluetooth for phones. It comes with mic and has its own set of small speakers I guess. Search on net on such devices. Costs around 20K.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 18:40   #23
BHPian

congratulations on new acquisition .
some interior pics please?
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 19:33   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think bluetooth is worth it, atleast in my case it was a complete no no because my dad cannot hav his conversations over the speakerphone with chauffeur / others in the car.

Only advantage is, cops won't know you're talking or atleast they have no proof because you have no handsfree / bt headset on you for them to prove you were talking. But then again, 51k to save on cop fines is ridiculous. It's more about driving safety and not putting yourself and others in danger by talking while driving.
Old 13th May 2010, 09:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
There are few navigation models which support Bluetooth for phones. It comes with mic and has its own set of small speakers I guess. Search on net on such devices. Costs around 20K.
I will definitely look that up - but am not sure thats feasible. I had once seen a device which sits on top of the rearview mirror, has bluetooth, connects with the car stereo and the phone for 5,500 bucks. Lets see will keep you posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
congratulations on new acquisition .
some interior pics please?
Thank you. The pics are all done. Cant upload from office. Will do it over the weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I don't think bluetooth is worth it, atleast in my case it was a complete no no because my dad cannot hav his conversations over the speakerphone with chauffeur / others in the car.

Only advantage is, cops won't know you're talking or atleast they have no proof because you have no handsfree / bt headset on you for them to prove you were talking. But then again, 51k to save on cop fines is ridiculous. It's more about driving safety and not putting yourself and others in danger by talking while driving.
Agreed - but I have now been driving every Friday + the weekend wherein it could be useful. Although 51k is a bit much. Anyways, can you let me know your experience with the tyre pressure. Also the beige interiors have started getting stained (on the inside door handles as well as the back portions of the front seat) due to handling. How do you recommend cleaning it?
Old 13th May 2010, 10:37   #26
BHPian

Congratulations on the new acquisition!
Just a question on one of the pics? What is a blue Wagon R doing in the wash area of Beemers. Sorry, but couldn't resist the question
And how about some interior pics?
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 18:50   #27
BHPian

some more snaps of PDI and delivery.interior pics coming soon.feel like hiring Atul Kasbekar to capture this beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Car - BMW 320D - reine Freude!-dsc01464-tbhp.jpg  

My new Car - BMW 320D - reine Freude!-dsc01465-tbhp.jpg  

My new Car - BMW 320D - reine Freude!-dsc01466-tbhp.jpg  

My new Car - BMW 320D - reine Freude!-dsc01469-tbhp.jpg  

My new Car - BMW 320D - reine Freude!-dsc01470-tbhp.jpg  

My new Car - BMW 320D - reine Freude!-dsc01482-tbhp.jpg  

My new Car - BMW 320D - reine Freude!-dsc01483-tbhp.jpg  

Old 13th May 2010, 20:15   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome pics indeed... Just to check. How is the back seat comfort - leg space and under-thigh support, especially with the RFTs?
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 20:38   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Awesome pics indeed... Just to check. How is the back seat comfort - leg space and under-thigh support, especially with the RFTs?
thank you.the back seat comfort is great.although strictly a four seater.no central arm rest. leg space is fine (nothing like the Accord though - which was my previous choice to buy) - the legs feel great when they drive - even the front passenger seat is great.
Old 13th May 2010, 21:29   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn, that 320 plate looks so perfect, I'm a little jealous Btw I got my plates remade because I did not want "Infinity" on them, the dealership was more than happy to do so. Somehow in the pics, my car looks black too, although it's Monaco Blue. Hey, up for a photoshoot?