Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th October 2011, 23:31   #211
BHPian

Default Re: "Vorsprung Durch Technik" - Audi A4 3.0 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Errmm...these 2 cockpit pics were clicked at dusk itself.
Anyway they are just a couple of amateurish pics i had clicked.
Will shortly upload professionally clicked interior shots which i assure you would be serious eye-candy.
You've got one of my personal favorite car there,Please post some great interior shots ASAP,Whats the top speed,you manged till date with your ride?
acsandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 17:16   #212
Senior - BHPian

PlatzdaTurbo you have got one heck of a car. The 3.0 TDi engine with its 500 NM torque at just 1500 rpm feels tremendous. Mine VW 1.6 TDi at 250 NM gives a tremendous feeling, just imagining what twice such torque at such low rpm till 3000 rpm, would be one to cherish. Hope to see your can atlesat once and feel the 500 NM of wicked torque.
Waiting for the interior pics.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 18:33   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
You've got one of my personal favorite car there,Please post some great interior shots ASAP,Whats the top speed,you manged till date with your ride?
Will post some great shots once i have them clicked. Am not a great photographer so will be doing it with a few friends. Just some patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
PlatzdaTurbo you have got one heck of a car. The 3.0 TDi engine with its 500 NM torque at just 1500 rpm feels tremendous. Mine VW 1.6 TDi at 250 NM gives a tremendous feeling, just imagining what twice such torque at such low rpm till 3000 rpm, would be one to cherish. Hope to see your can atlesat once and feel the 500 NM of wicked torque.
Waiting for the interior pics.

Thanks for the compliment. Will upload interior pics soon. Need to get some nice ones clicked from a friend. Give me a few days. Keep visiting, you should see them up in a few days time

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th October 2011 at 20:12. Reason: Cannot keep top speed on a public forum :-)
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 20:11   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Will post some great shots once i have them clicked. Am not a great photographer so will be doing it with a few friends. Just some patience
Top speed- have hit the limiter
Woahh man,you must be having goosebumps at those speed.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th October 2011 at 09:53. Reason: Removing mention of top speed on open forum
Old 13th October 2011, 20:13   #215
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. The A4 looks very good in white. Can't wait for the interior pics.
silverblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 21:35   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Woahh man,you must be having goosebumps at those speed.

Well, in its initial couple of months it used to be a BIG deal. Not now. Its surprisingly easy in this car.
All i can tell you is had the electronic limiter not been there, it would have easily gone further north.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th October 2011 at 09:53. Reason: Changing quote to remove mention of top speed.
Old 13th October 2011, 21:58   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Well, in its initial couple of months it used to be a BIG deal. Not now. Its surprisingly easy in this car.
All i can tell you is had the electronic limiter not been there, it would have easily gone further north.
Is it possible to remove the speed limiter?
Old 14th October 2011, 13:01   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblue View Post
Congrats on the purchase. The A4 looks very good in white. Can't wait for the interior pics.
Give me some time. Will put them up soon enough. In the meantime there are a few interior shots taken on day 1 ,on the first page.
Quote:
Is it possible to remove the speed limiter?

Yes it is but its also downright silly. You would not need to do that unless you are in Germany. Autobahns either have no speed limit or ridiculously high speed limits (read - petrolhead heaven). Besides, these manufacturers charge a bomb to get rid of it. So its senseless.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 02:54   #219
Senior - BHPian

Were you not the guy I could not stand? (kidding) And now you posting such beautiful images of a wonderful car?

Just noticed I never knew you had Black / Red seats? Btw I might have asked you this before but does this car come with ventilated seats? And other seat adjustments like Shoulder , Thigh cushion extension?

Seriously I could be the model driving your model car while you take all your professional pictures? Where do I sign up for this event?

Have wonderful miles ahead with this, and when do I see the A8 4.2TDI coming in?

Regards,

Quote:
This thread has been inactive for what seems like ages now. So after exactly 1.5 years and 26,544kms of ownership ,am putting up some month old pictures of her as a mark of my respect,awe and undying love for her ! Was a beautiful rainy,cold,misty day...perfect for a dash to amby valley. More pics to follow soon. If these manage to generate any interest whatsoever that is.. LOL !
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 07:59   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Were you not the guy I could not stand? (kidding) And now you posting such beautiful images of a wonderful car?

Just noticed I never knew you had Black / Red seats? Btw I might have asked you this before but does this car come with ventilated seats? And other seat adjustments like Shoulder , Thigh cushion extension?

Seriously I could be the model driving your model car while you take all your professional pictures? Where do I sign up for this event?

Have wonderful miles ahead with this, and when do I see the A8 4.2TDI coming in?

Regards,

Ventilated seats are offered as an option on the quattro A4 models. My car has its upholstery and interior packaging done by 'Audi Exclusive' hence we had to do without the ventilated seats option. I will be getting a few interior pics clicked mid-week and will put them up. You will see in detail what i mean. If not, you could just see the first two pages. I have a few Audi Exclusive interior detailing pics up there.
Wonderful miles are going past by the dozen touchwood.
@4.2 tdi A8 ? HAH ! not much...around 150 years maybe ?
Unless you plan to give me any incentives that is ! LOL

Last edited by Amartya : 17th October 2011 at 09:40. Reason: We've removed a quoted post, hence edited it in yours too. Thanks.
Old 16th October 2011, 13:01   #221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A chip and better alloys are on the cards but not so soon considering my dad uses it and the accident that happened sometime ago.
Will just get a bluefin chip which should take it up to 300bhp and 580 or 600 NM. Will take things forward from there onwards if need be but as of now there is just no need. I am more than satisfied with the power this lunatic female has
The bluefin is a proper remap and not a chip. You use the bluefin to remap the ecu through the OBD port. Too bad its not available for my car.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 13:21   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The bluefin is a proper remap and not a chip. You use the bluefin to remap the ecu through the OBD port. Too bad its not available for my car.

Am completely clueless about the world of 're-mapping' or chipping. This would be my first venture into it (whenever that happens).
Am not really into all of it just that this car just screams for it.
Old 17th October 2011, 08:36   #223
BHPian

Chipping the ecu is a term used for older cars where you have to open up the cars ecu and solder a chip in. For example older hondas with b series engines use this using a chip called chrome. Remap is just plug and play basically. You connect your device to the obd port to flash your ecu aka loading a file on to the cars computer. The devices can be an access port or your laptop which has the file. If you do it through a laptop you would normally have a software on your laptop that supports your car that can enable the process this way you can save the stock factory file and then upload the aftermarket one. So if you need to go to the workshop for warranty work you can flash it back to normal.
i<3turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 08:57   #224
Team-BHP Support

VAG cars after Sept 2009 have encrypted ECU's, please check with superchips before going for a bluefin
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 20:32   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Chipping the ecu is a term used for older cars where you have to open up the cars ecu and solder a chip in. For example older hondas with b series engines use this using a chip called chrome. Remap is just plug and play basically. You connect your device to the obd port to flash your ecu aka loading a file on to the cars computer. The devices can be an access port or your laptop which has the file. If you do it through a laptop you would normally have a software on your laptop that supports your car that can enable the process this way you can save the stock factory file and then upload the aftermarket one. So if you need to go to the workshop for warranty work you can flash it back to normal.
Thanks for the info man. Appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
VAG cars after Sept 2009 have encrypted ECU's, please check with superchips before going for a bluefin
Will do. Was not aware of this. Thanks