Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2010, 23:08   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Oh Man! What a car!
Guys just one question.

How much I need to earn per annum to afford a car like this?
Lol ,as Mclaren rulez said,a LOT ! specifically, my dad would know a lot better


Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Simple: A lot!!

Congrats on the car and the lovely interiors. Its rare to see cars with such sporty shades at these price levels.
Thanks a lot dude
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 04:40   #47
BHPian
 
JackSparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 94
Thanked: Once
Default

One hell of a car you've got there!
Congratulations and enoy your ride.
JackSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 09:20   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 308
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

That car with that aero kit deserves these rims>>>> OZ matt black superturismo

http://www.albertocarshop.com/phppag...matt_black.jpg

Last edited by Ash_vtec : 9th May 2010 at 09:22.
Ash_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 11:29   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
One hell of a car you've got there!
Congratulations and enoy your ride.
thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
That car with that aero kit deserves these rims>>>> OZ matt black superturismo

http://www.albertocarshop.com/phppag...matt_black.jpg

The stock 17s would be replaced by 18s sometime in future. If you have read the entire thread, you will notice that even i wanted to go for bigger ,smarter 18s but had to settle with 17s as my dad and a few other people were opposed to the idea of replacing these.
As of now, my biggest fear of these 17s looking relatively small and lack lustre on this car has been proved wrong ,thankfully enough. They look good enough. Nothing extraordinary but yea, they fit in well so i aint complaining
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 13:25   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 308
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Skimmed thru' just the first page and the pics.

The stock wheels under no circumstance look bad

Keep her well detailed, and you're lucky white car with black (mostly) interiors are relatively easy to maintain. Black car with beige interiors is the equivalent of harakiri in this country

Last edited by Ash_vtec : 9th May 2010 at 13:25. Reason: smiley rule
Ash_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 13:33   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
download2live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,103
Thanked: 387 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Lol ,as Mclaren rulez said,a LOT ! specifically, my dad would know a lot better
I have no choice now. IPL/Politics here I come.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 14:30   #52
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default Congrats

Hey..Congrats on owning a first of a kind beauty! Just wanted to check with you on the service front! Will there be an issue for service as this is not even launched here? I doubt whether the Service team are already trained on it?

Could you post close up pics of the car with & without the LED lights on? I love this car for the LEDs alone! I think with the quattro, it should have got the combination of "fun to drive" & "great to be driven around". I always loved the BMW for the driver centric reviews and Audi A4 for the looks. But I used to think will we ever have a combination of both -- looks like this question is answered.

Have you driven a BMW 3 / 5 series? any comparisons possible with the BMW & this quattro model?
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 14:37   #53
BHPian
 
SumitBahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 975
Thanked: 219 Times
Default

I think service should not be an issue, since Q7 has the same engine and is already available in India.
I could be wrong though.
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 15:58   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Black car with beige interiors is the equivalent of harakiri in this country
true true !


Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I have no choice now. IPL/Politics here I come.
LOLZ !


Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Hey..Congrats on owning a first of a kind beauty! Just wanted to check with you on the service front! Will there be an issue for service as this is not even launched here? I doubt whether the Service team are already trained on it?

Could you post close up pics of the car with & without the LED lights on? I love this car for the LEDs alone! I think with the quattro, it should have got the combination of "fun to drive" & "great to be driven around". I always loved the BMW for the driver centric reviews and Audi A4 for the looks. But I used to think will we ever have a combination of both -- looks like this question is answered.

Have you driven a BMW 3 / 5 series? any comparisons possible with the BMW & this quattro model?
This was 1 of our 1st questions to them, since its a CBU, will there be service issues. Well thankfully no there wont be any, they have it all covered & as Sumit said, the same engine shared with the Q7 just helps the cause.No i havnt driven either of the Beemers, we were first going to buy the f10 bmw 530d that launched on 2nd may 2010, but we opted for Audi since we got such a sexy and unique catch !
As far as pics are concerned, the pics on the 1st page were taken by 1 of the people at Audi itself. I dont have a decent camera at present to capture good quality night pics with the LEDs on. I would have them clicked and posted in about 5 to 6 days time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I think service should not be an issue, since Q7 has the same engine and is already available in India.
I could be wrong though.
Nope you are spot on. There wont be any service issues thankfully

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 9th May 2010 at 16:00.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 21:12   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

Such a pleasure to see the Audi getting it's due on "this forum" - when I got mine in 2008 it was another story. But I can tell you this - This is the car for exclusivity & performance & ride comfort - rolled into one package.

I still think the 2.0 TDi is a great buy. Ofcourse once you cross over to the 3.0 IT IS ANOTHER LEAGUE...

Enjoy the car & don't go overboard with the tyre upsize. If you have 17's you are home if you have 18's you're on the borderline over that "is over the top"



Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 00:35   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Such a pleasure to see the Audi getting it's due on "this forum" - when I got mine in 2008 it was another story. But I can tell you this - This is the car for exclusivity & performance & ride comfort - rolled into one package.

I still think the 2.0 TDi is a great buy. Ofcourse once you cross over to the 3.0 IT IS ANOTHER LEAGUE...

Enjoy the car & don't go overboard with the tyre upsize. If you have 17's you are home if you have 18's you're on the borderline over that "is over the top" Cheers

upsize is surely not anytime soon. i am absoutely satisfied with the 17s. thanks a lot anyways ! cheers
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 09:25   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

Oh by the way, to all Mumbai fellas who can help, i need to put nice DARK black window tints on the Audi. IF NOT FROM AUDI MUMBAI WEST, where can i get it done from and for what price approximately ??? Incase Audi gets it done, no issues what so ever. But incase i have to do it from elsewhere , where can i get it done from ? I dont like the way some people put on the window films with their knees on the cars rear seat. No way in the world would i let anyone do the in the Audi.
So yes, where can i get it done from if NOT FROM AUDI WEST & at what rate estimated? For reference, i live at Andheri so for people who know, it might get easier for them to tell me a place somewhere in the suburbs near by .thanks
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 11:03   #58
BHPian
 
krish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin/Bangalore
Posts: 608
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Superb Purchase. I can just imagine the sheer performance the 3.0 engine gives the baby Audi. I drive the 2.0 TDI Audi and the engine was a pure letdown for the car. Now they have 2 extremes, a sedate 2.0L and an insane 3.0L

Why would you want the sun film at when you have the sun blinds? I found that very effective as well. The AC is good enough to cool the entire cabin even without Sun films.

Last edited by krish3 : 10th May 2010 at 11:04.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 11:18   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Superb Purchase. I can just imagine the sheer performance the 3.0 engine gives the baby Audi. I drive the 2.0 TDI Audi and the engine was a pure letdown for the car. Now they have 2 extremes, a sedate 2.0L and an insane 3.0L

Why would you want the sun film at when you have the sun blinds? I found that very effective as well. The AC is good enough to cool the entire cabin even without Sun films.


firstly, the sun blinds are only for the rear windows. When it comes to expressway drives (this car would be primarily used for highway drives) ,though the AC is superb, sun films go a long way in blocking the suns rays when driving through the midday sun. People who travel on the Mumbai-Pune expressway or alike in afternoons would probably know what am i talking about. So the 1 major reason is, inspite of good ac and sun blinds on rear windows, the tints would STILL HELP to a great extent. Another small reason being, after a certain period of time ,people ogling away at the car with their palms on the window glass starts getting into the nerves. Tints to a certain extent ,help in providing a certain sense of privacy. Last and most kiddy reason, black tints on white car = KOOL
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 11:44   #60
BHPian
 
ashish22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 575
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

wonderful acquisition platz. This is a dream car to own. Definitely on my wish list!
wishing you and your car miles and miles of happiness, driving pleasure and reliability.
ashish22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audi A4 : Vorsprung durch Technik. An Eight Year Saga redeff Long-Term Ownership Reviews 20 8th July 2017 19:29
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Pics: Jesada Technik Museum @ Bangkok, Thailand KartikeyaL Beyond Borders 9 19th August 2016 13:07
Vorsprung Durch Technik - How this term was born AlphaKilo The International Automotive Scene 0 19th September 2012 23:57
Vorsprung durch technik or Sheer driving pleasure? __c_y_p_h_e_r__ Luxury, Imports & Niche 54 3rd June 2011 01:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks