Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 16:16   #31
BHPian
 
sharadmumbai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 184
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats sir on the Fiesta. With the discounts on the Fiesta makes it a very VFM car to own.

Enjoy many more miles with your Fiesta. Do post more pictures
Thanks Krishna.
Yes with the discounts the 1.6ZXI is best buy in the segment. It has almost everything except airbags and lot of fun to drive. I only hope the FE is manageable ie > 10. My other colleague who has driven about 200km is getting about 7. I'm sure it will give more with more on the odo.
sharadmumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 16:58   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
Thanks Krishna.
Yes with the discounts the 1.6ZXI is best buy in the segment. It has almost everything except airbags and lot of fun to drive. I only hope the FE is manageable ie > 10. My other colleague who has driven about 200km is getting about 7. I'm sure it will give more with more on the odo.
sharad, my 1.6S gives about 9.5 in city drives. The ZXi should give about 10.5 under same conditions. The mileage will be worse if you lug the engine at low RPMs in high gears. I think that's what your friend is doing. Oh the highway, you can expect 15-16.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 23:42   #33
BHPian
 
sharadmumbai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 184
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

As long as i get above 10, i'm fine. I get about 11+ on my ikon
sharadmumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 00:58   #34
BHPian
 
siddheshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Panaji
Posts: 442
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

Sharad, the Fiesta is a beautiful car, just like it's younger sister the Ikon. I have had both, and I can assure you years of very happy driving. Nothing compares to the "taking off at the signal with rubber burning behind you" feeling of the Fords. Cheers man, have a good time with your new baby.

Ricky, I totally believe you - the Fiesta can put the 320 to shame any time, except maybe on the expressways where the 320 can bank on its bigger engines to finally win it the battle. One reason why I dumped the idea of a 320 and went for the Endy instead.
siddheshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 01:12   #35
BHPian
 
siddheshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Panaji
Posts: 442
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

Sharad, my 1.6SXi petrol (4 years old) has consistently given me 12-13 in city, with AC on 100% of the time, and tires burning at every signal (when no cop is looking around ) I believe the diesel is even better at FE.
siddheshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 07:43   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,041
Thanked: 2,086 Times
Smile

MY Fiesta gives me an FE of 13-14 kmpl (60% highway, 40% city, 50% AC) and I am more than happy with it. I feel the FE can increase with regular maintenance and services making it the VFM buy. More imp have been commented more often about the looks of Fiesta by office colleagues and relatives.
The DTE is one thing which sometimes gives me headaches because of its erraticness and that too after halfway tank mark. I will be referring the same to the servicing guys during my second service due on 19th May.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 14:10   #37
BHPian
 
sharadmumbai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 184
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Sharad, the Fiesta is a beautiful car, just like it's younger sister the Ikon. I have had both, and I can assure you years of very happy driving. Nothing compares to the "taking off at the signal with rubber burning behind you" feeling of the Fords. Cheers man, have a good time with your new baby.
thanks Siddheshb. I also have an Ikon 1.3 Flair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
Sharad, my 1.6SXi petrol (4 years old) has consistently given me 12-13 in city, with AC on 100% of the time, and tires burning at every signal (when no cop is looking around ) I believe the diesel is even better at FE.
I drove to office today. FE looks like 11 as of now based on some rough estimates but in low traffic and 100% AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
MY Fiesta gives me an FE of 13-14 kmpl (60% highway, 40% city, 50% AC) and I am more than happy with it. I feel the FE can increase with regular maintenance and services making it the VFM buy. More imp have been commented more often about the looks of Fiesta by office colleagues and relatives.
The DTE is one thing which sometimes gives me headaches because of its erraticness and that too after halfway tank mark. I will be referring the same to the servicing guys during my second service due on 19th May.
13-14 is really good.
sharadmumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 15:23   #38
BHPian
 
sharadmumbai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 184
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

To give you all an idea of Mumbai pricing of Fiesta 1.6 ZXI, one of the Quotes i got here in Mumbai is given below(this is a corporate offer and hence for individuals the Road Tax will be around 55k only) with insurance to be done by self.

So for individuals, the car will cost under 7 lakhs under this corporate deal. Also, I was told that the corporate discounts are given on individual purchases as well if you can provide the employment details. If people in mumbai want the concerned sales guys number, pm me.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally bought a Fiesta 1.6 ZXI petrol-quote.jpg  

sharadmumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 15:39   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
So for individuals, the car will cost under 7 lakhs under this corporate deal. Also, I was told that the corporate discounts are given on individual purchases as well if you can provide the employment details. If people in mumbai want the concerned sales guys number, pm me.
I see that you are getting a free spoiler. Make sure it's an original one. It costs 8K and 12K respectively for the regular and sports spoiler. I remember one of our members was given a free spoiler as well but it was a fake one costing just 2K or so with LED lights on it. They tried to pass it off as OE. OE spoilers do not have any LEDs.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 15:54   #40
BHPian
 
sharadmumbai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 184
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I see that you are getting a free spoiler. Make sure it's an original one. It costs 8K and 12K respectively for the regular and sports spoiler. I remember one of our members was given a free spoiler as well but it was a fake one costing just 2K or so with LED lights on it. They tried to pass it off as OE. OE spoilers do not have any LEDs.
Hi Gliead.
I have not bought my Fiesta from this Dealer-Wasan Ford. I just got a comparative quote from them as well which was still a very good offer.
The spoiler in offer as "Told" by them is going to be original ford and is with LED lights and not the S one.

However, I was planning to buy one and quote is around 5k for the LED one. Are you sure its not original Ford?
sharadmumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 16:02   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
Hi Gliead.
I have not bought my Fiesta from this Dealer-Wasan Ford. I just got a comparative quote from them as well which was still a very good offer.
The spoiler in offer as "Told" by them is going to be original ford and is with LED lights and not the S one.

However, I was planning to buy one and quote is around 5k for the LED one. Are you sure its not original Ford?
There are no LEDs on both the OE spoilers. Period. Search for some of the Fiesta threads where you can see the OE non-S spoiler. If I remember correctly, it was ashishgandhi who got conned.

Last edited by Gilead : 14th May 2010 at 16:05.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 18:04   #42
BHPian
 
sharadmumbai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 184
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

thanks. I'll be careful.
sharadmumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 16:52   #43
BHPian
 
sharadmumbai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 184
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Hi guys,
I'm finally back with the pics of my Fiesta. I had to buy a new Sony digicam to click these pics as my older camera had konked off.

I have opted for a Rear Spoiler/Side Mouldings and Scuff Plates as accessories as of now.

I'm loving the color more each passing day.
Hope you all like the pics as there are very few Sea Grey Fiesta Pics available on the net.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally bought a Fiesta 1.6 ZXI petrol-dsc00013.jpg  

Finally bought a Fiesta 1.6 ZXI petrol-dsc00014.jpg  

Finally bought a Fiesta 1.6 ZXI petrol-dsc00015.jpg  

Finally bought a Fiesta 1.6 ZXI petrol-dsc00016.jpg  

Finally bought a Fiesta 1.6 ZXI petrol-dsc00017.jpg  

Finally bought a Fiesta 1.6 ZXI petrol-dsc00018.jpg  

Finally bought a Fiesta 1.6 ZXI petrol-dsc00019.jpg  

Finally bought a Fiesta 1.6 ZXI petrol-dsc00020.jpg  

Finally bought a Fiesta 1.6 ZXI petrol-dsc00021.jpg  

Finally bought a Fiesta 1.6 ZXI petrol-dsc00023.jpg  

Finally bought a Fiesta 1.6 ZXI petrol-dsc00024.jpg  

sharadmumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 10:10   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Nice Photographs!
Side mouldings - you paid for it or is it a freebie from the dealer?

I too have bought side mouldings from the Ford dealer (which according to him original from ford) which has got a lining in the middle (see the picture )

Name:  alloys 014 Small.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  64.4 KB

If remember correct, they charged Rs.4050 for the moulding set (including the painting)
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 22:56   #45
BHPian
 
sharadmumbai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 184
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Nice Photographs!
Side mouldings - you paid for it or is it a freebie from the dealer?

I too have bought side mouldings from the Ford dealer (which according to him original from ford) which has got a lining in the middle (see the picture )

Attachment 366193

If remember correct, they charged Rs.4050 for the moulding set (including the painting)
Mine is paid too. Supposedly ford original. But I went for Body colored and your seem to be chrome ones. Mine i paid around 2.5k for them.
sharadmumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally finally finally finally... s4ch Introduce yourself 3 29th March 2012 19:44
How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi) buddha Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 59 16th July 2010 13:14
Ford Fiesta 1.4D ZXi Ownership Woes. EDIT : REPLACEMENT FIESTA. Pics on Pg. 5 Mad Monkey Long-Term Ownership Reviews 105 3rd March 2010 15:26
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43
Swift ZXi - finally bought Ricky_63 Hatchbacks 79 12th July 2009 10:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks