Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th June 2010, 12:44   #31
Team-BHP Support

I am struggling with damp headlining. I solved the front drain holes. The rear means jacking up and removing the wheel. Bit difficulting in my parking slot
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 15:07   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I am struggling with damp headlining. I solved the front drain holes. The rear means jacking up and removing the wheel. Bit difficulting in my parking slot
I think I'll just take it to the dealer after the rains and get them to do the needful. Thanks.
ivar1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 15:35   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
Learnt how to use another excellent feature: auto tilt on reverse gear selection. Thanks to Carwale, whose top man went all the way to JM Skoda to find out how to use this feature and then mailed me the details.

All one has to do is to put the switch on the front right armrest to "L" and then put the gear lever into reverse and lo and behold the left front rear view mirror tilts to enable the driver to see the rear. As a result, one does not have to crane one's neck too much to look at the rear. Great feature.

The other feature that Carwale helped me to discover is the concealed key slot in the front right door though I have yet to learn how to operate it. With this feature one can open the car door manually in case the key does not function electronically.

Drove about 40 k.m.in the city yesterday and got FE of 10 k.m./L
The VW Jetta 1.9 TDI Comfortline has something similar. There is a knob on the right armrest which has notches L,C,R printed with which one can individually set the positions of the OVRMs. When you slot the 6 speed DSG to R, the left side OVRM will tilt as per your degree wrt both the horizontal and the vertical. The same feature was available in the Golf and the Polo that I drove earlier.

An important feature whilst reversing on our rubble choked streets.The DSG with Normal and Sport (and with the steering column paddle shifter) is a dream. I guess the Superb will have all of these as it is more upscale.

Regards
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 17:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
An important feature whilst reversing on our rubble choked streets.The DSG with Normal and Sport (and with the steering column paddle shifter) is a dream. I guess the Superb will have all of these as it is more upscale.
Regards
I have yet to use the paddle shift and sports mode as I thought I better run-in the car first. Just another 350 k.m. left for the 2000 k.m. and then... zoom.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Nice! Skoda could have provided better alloys though.
Have any alloys in mind? Any pictures of them.
Old 10th June 2010, 19:16   #36
BHPian

Checked tyre pressure today after about 30 days. It was 24 instead of 30. Luckily, I had not travelled long distance for the last 10 days. However, much to my dismay, the tyre pressure indicater did not light up to warn me. Rang up the dealer who told me that the warning comes on only when the tyre pressure falls by 33%. Another lesson learnt. After refilling air, one has to press the button on the left side of the gear lever for two seconds, till one hears the beep, to memorise the pressure filled. Amazing feature.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:39   #37
BHPian

I've always had this fear of locking the car with the key inside after it happened to me two or three times with the Esteem. But no such worry with the Superb as I've discovered five weeks after it entered my life.

If the key remains inside the car after it is locked, the vehicle simply unlocks itself as the protection against such an event gets activated automatically. A message also appears on display panel along with a beep.
Old 18th June 2010, 18:06   #38
BHPian

I guess if one sat down with the manual one would be able to learn quickly about the features that the Superb has to offer. But the chance discovery of a useful feature is sheer delight in itself. I experienced this today when I found that the front centre armrest is adjustable for length and height! Earlier, I was just able to rest my elbow on the edge of the arm rest. Now, I can extend the length by more than four inches -- and the height too by a few inches. Believe me, this makes all the difference in the comfort to the arm and driving becomes all the more pleasurable.

Last edited by ivar1951 : 18th June 2010 at 18:08.
Old 18th June 2010, 19:22   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I guess if one sat down with the manual one would be able to learn quickly about the features that the Superb has to offer. But the chance discovery of a useful feature is sheer delight in itself. I experienced this today when I found that the front centre armrest is adjustable for length and height! Earlier, I was just able to rest my elbow on the edge of the arm rest. Now, I can extend the length by more than four inches -- and the height too by a few inches. Believe me, this makes all the difference in the comfort to the arm and driving becomes all the more pleasurable.
>>> Same experience with the Jetta here
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 19:40   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have any alloys in mind? Any pictures of them.
The one on the V6 version looks neat, but forces you to use lo profile tires. A smaller version same style would be good.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 10:11   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The one on the V6 version looks neat, but forces you to use lo profile tires. A smaller version same style would be good.
Yeah, these look good. Do you think Skoda will supply them?
Old 19th June 2010, 20:26   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Pretty sure theyd be happy to. Go for it.

Delhi has really smooth roads compared to the rest of the country. I think you'll be fine.

Last edited by Mpower : 19th June 2010 at 20:47.
Old 25th June 2010, 18:12   #43
BHPian

This may be a common feature in this segment but to me it came as a surprise: there is no fasten-your-seat-belt warning beep if there is no passenger in the front seat but once someone is there, it beeps relentlessly till one gives in and fastens the belt.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:53   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This may be a common feature in this segment but to me it came as a surprise: there is no fasten-your-seat-belt warning beep if there is no passenger in the front seat but once someone is there, it beeps relentlessly till one gives in and fastens the belt.
F. Pass seat has an occupant sensor.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

ivar1951 thats a SUPERB CAR as the name say

The steering wheel looks so chunky ,it should be nice to have it in hand.

Overall the interiors are amazing ,Congrats once again
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote