Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th September 2011, 17:20   #121

2 dealers I was able to verbally unofficially verify confirmed abt 5-6 failures in abt 100. In my opinion that is very high and warrants a more serious look on the part of Skoda
maverick_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 13:31   #122
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: My silver steed is here -- Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI A/T

Another Superb bites the dust. My friends car went down!!! No guess's why!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 15:52   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Another Superb bites the dust. My friends car went down!!! No guess's why!
Car still in workshop. The mechatronichs unit is yet to be despatched from the Czech Republic. Till then Skoda has instructed my friend to use taxis with an allowance of Rs 3500 per day
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 16:19   #124
BHPian

Emm pardon me... but tomorrow suppose the new passat and jetta get the 1.8 Tsi, and have their mechatronics failing, will the affected owners have to wait for the new mechantronics from Germany?

I thought VW had a common supply chain for all their platforms right? Or is that the Tsi components are exclusive to Czech republic
Ford5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 16:33   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Car still in workshop. The mechatronichs unit is yet to be despatched from the Czech Republic. Till then Skoda has instructed my friend to use taxis with an allowance of Rs 3500 per day
Now that is a commendable improvement at Skoda.
And I think getting the latest version of mechatronics is good - for the customer as well as Skoda.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 12th December 2011 at 16:59.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 21:01   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's pretty decent of 'em. Seems Skoda are making an earnest attempt to mend their errant ways!

Any idea WHY these damn things keep failing? Is it peculiar to Indian conditions or does this happen across the world? The DSG is the best invention since sliced bread but as long as these issues keep popping up, I for one don't have the confidence to invest my hard earned money in one!
noopster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 21:09   #127
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's a generous allowance, quite impressed! Wouldn't have been cheaper for them to give a decent rental car or a tempy Superb?
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 20:57   #128
Senior - BHPian

So hows the Superb doing nowadays? Alls well?
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 15:20   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Yup! Except that the warranty expired a few days ago. Done a mere 10,000 km in two years but enjoyed every bit of the ride. Except for the mechatronics scare, owning it has been sheer joy. Oh yes, needed to get the horns replaced as well as the eye wear compartment. Was done with a smile.

Any suggestions to Skoda: Yes. Redesign the right front door arm rest to allow the driver to rest his elbow more conveniently. Period.

The engineer at Krishna Auto, Chandigarh, assures me that the Skoda will continue to cover me under the warranty -- though unofficially -- out of goodwill, particularly as my car has done only 10,000 km in two years and I got the two services done on time. Cheers!

Last edited by ivar1951 : 13th May 2012 at 15:23.
ivar1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 17:06   #130
BHPian

Due to the heavy traffic/parking issues in Delhi, I am thinking of buying a small car. Preferably a diesel (petrol too is okay as it is for city use), automatic with plenty of convenience features and good air conditioning.

Any suggestions or is there a thread for this?
Old 29th August 2012, 07:55   #131

Hi all just wanted to check if there were any other reported mechatronic failures recently.... I haven't heard of any so maybe Skoda saying tht the issue was with the 2010 and before probably is right. There don't seem to be failures with the new units. Any observations
maverick_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 11:30   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
Due to the heavy traffic/parking issues in Delhi, I am thinking of buying a small car. Preferably a diesel (petrol too is okay as it is for city use), automatic with plenty of convenience features and good air conditioning.

Any suggestions or is there a thread for this?
You can look at the A-Star AT or the i10 AT for city driving in Delhi. They are petrol cars but are nice city runabouts.

Secondly, you can look up the threads posted by TBHPians in the "What Car" section of the forum and continue from there. Replies on this thread will only make this thread off topic.

@ Mods: Can you merge this post and the previous one with a suitable thread in the "What Car" section please?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 12:18   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
The Superb has been running superbly...enjoying every bit of this great car. However, the key refused to work in Mussoorie late last month at a height of 7500ft...even in sunny weather. Had to open the door manually which took a while as it was a first for me. It began to work normally below 7000ft. Strange! Any inputs as to why this happened?
Old 6th January 2013, 12:36   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
The Superb has been running superbly...enjoying every bit of this great car. However, the key refused to work in Mussoorie late last month at a height of 7500ft...even in sunny weather. Had to open the door manually which took a while as it was a first for me. It began to work normally below 7000ft. Strange! Any inputs as to why this happened?
It looks like a simple case of weakening remote battery rather than anything else. The efficiency of the battery diminishes with lowering temperature (and of course rising altitude). Just change the remote battery and you should be good as new. The battery can easily be procured from any good watch shop and is a simple Do-It-Yourself job as detailed in the owner's manual as posted below -

My silver steed is here -- Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI A/T-skoda-superb-changing-remote-battery.jpg

Last edited by dkaile : 6th January 2013 at 12:41.
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 09:41   #135
BHPian

dkaile, thanks for your suggestion which helped.