Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th June 2010, 16:29   #61
Senior - BHPian

AIS/Asahi Palio WS costs around 4.5K with one year warranty.

I also feel hot air / cold water thingy may have cracked the glass. but since the time difference was 3 hours - i guess it is ruled out.

Please share the pics when you get time.
planet_rocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 16:47   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post

I also feel hot air / cold water thingy may have cracked the glass. but since the time difference was 3 hours - i guess it is ruled out.

Please share the pics when you get time.
Can there be a possibility that the air was locked inside because those guys blew hot air, cleaned & sealed immediately with silicon gel ??
kri$hna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 16:47   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

The front windsheild replacement will cost you around 6k for the windshield + labour at the FIAT/TASS.

Praful, I suggest you get in tough with Mr. Vinod of KHT. This guys seems to have good knowledge about FIAT cars. An advise, get the windshield thingy done at the *** itself than doing it outside.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 16:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Even I am running on the S322's, there is plenty of life still left in them. Only concern is that they are 5 years old and I thought this the time to replace them.
Typically, tyres shelf life is 6 years. As the car has run only 25K, I would suggest you to hold on the decision on changing the tyres till year end.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 16:55   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Can there be a possibility that the air was locked inside because those guys blew hot air, cleaned & sealed immediately with silicon gel ??
I doubt that - the breather pipe should take care of the hot air inside.

Try Windshield Experts for windshield replacement.
planet_rocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 17:00   #66
BHPian

BCS got back to me just some time back.

I was offered a 200 bux discount on the H/L assembly and finally it would cost me 3.5K.

When I insisted that I get a slightly larger discount as the car had gotten this 'damage' at the workshop itself. And I said I don't mind paying about 50% of the cost involved as the damage though unintentional happened at the workshop itself.

They then agreed to do it free of cost.

Now I'm confused and slightly scared to send the car to them as I will personally not be able to go there.

With regards to the windshield, I have been promised by BCS that they can fix it for sure. So I am holding onto the changes for now.

@Abhijeet: Thanks for the input, I will hold on to the tyre change for a while as the cost is just bit too high to bear right now.

Last edited by praful : 29th June 2010 at 17:02.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 17:46   #67
Senior - BHPian

The headlights cost 3.5k from the authorised dealership as well. If I were you, I'd like to see the change happen in front of me.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 23:19   #68
BHPian

Good that they offered to do the headlamp replacement for free. But do it when you have time and can get it done in front of you. I bet you wouldn't want them to fit in another car's part
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 06:48   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
The headlights cost 3.5k from the authorised dealership as well. If I were you, I'd like to see the change happen in front of me.

Drifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Good that they offered to do the headlamp replacement for free. But do it when you have time and can get it done in front of you. I bet you wouldn't want them to fit in another car's part
Going there right now to drop off the car. Since I personally can't spend over half a day there, my dad would be with the car.

Lets see how things go.
Old 30th June 2010, 09:09   #70
BHPian

there are two types of headlamps in PALIO.. one is the motorized & another is non-motorized.... motorized headlamp came with the NV version which has the feature of adjusting the headlamp level from inside of the car....

motorized version costs 3.5K & non motorized one costs 2.5K @ FIAT A.S. S.....

praful, i guess your's is pre-NV version of palio...then for your car a non-motorised headlamp will be fine...
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 10:28   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe Praful's car is NV Sport. If its NV, then the motorized headlamps is the one to go for.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 10:36   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
there are two types of headlamps in PALIO.. one is the motorized & another is non-motorized.... motorized headlamp came with the NV version which has the feature of adjusting the headlamp level from inside of the car....

motorized version costs 3.5K & non motorized one costs 2.5K @ FIAT A.S. S.....

praful, i guess your's is pre-NV version of palio...then for your car a non-motorised headlamp will be fine...
Its a NV car and has motorized headlamps.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 10:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Mine is 2004 NV Sport but does not come with a motorized one. As per my understanding only post 2004 models had motorized ones but yes Praful's car is 2005 model.

Last edited by jacs : 30th June 2010 at 10:41.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 20:36   #74
BHPian

Update:

Headlamp: There is absolutely no stock of motorized headlamps in Bangalore. There was only one piece available at TASS and that was damaged. Will take another 4-5 days to source one. BCS has said they will have the headlamp sent to my place and fixed here. So no issues, will wait.

Windshield: Some third party windshield expert had come over in an attempt to fix the windshield, but did not work. I have decided to have the windshield changed. AIS is not available in stock due to some factory issues, I had the option of going for some imported brand TLG. I decided to stick with AIS for the simple fact that anything other than AIS will affect the resale value of the vehicle. So will wait it out till I get a AIS glass.

Extra: With 25K on the clock the spark plugs had not been changed, got it changed to some Bosch Platinum Iridium Spark plugs for 2.2K. Smoothness levels have definitely increased. Its a 4 electrode plug . Seeing it for the first time.

So my this weekend's trip to Munnar will be with a screwed windshield and head lamps.
Old 1st July 2010, 10:30   #75
BHPian

If no night driving is involved, then nothing to worry about... except if its rains hard.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote