Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 10:13   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,709
Thanked: 89,163 Times
Default

Ok guys, I'll put in a request to Hyundai soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The Steering is really bad
But thats EXACTLY what the mass market wants. It is us enthusiasts who want a heavier steering at speed, and ample feedback from the road. We form 1% of the market, the other 99% want a fuss free light steering wheel. Heck, even the Merc E Class now offers a light disconnected steering wheel.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 10:51   #32
BHPian
 
basilmabraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SYD Downsouth
Posts: 759
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

Kudos to you GTO for agreeing on the review of i20. Waiting for it. Your review srves the 1% of the market quite well.

Thanks OP for the pics and review.
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 11:05   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ok guys, I'll put in a request to Hyundai soon.
Wow, eagerly waiting for it.. and photos from Rudra Sir too
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 12:45   #34
BHPian
 
SpinWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 80
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Frankly dont expect punto "sportz" to match acceleration of I20 though dynamics may be better.
Can anyone please post 0-100 of 6 geared i20?
Why not ? Engine specs will almost be the same. I know that the Punto will be heavier than the I20, but everything will depend on the gear ratios.
SpinWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 12:47   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,375
Thanked: 474 Times
Default

The i20 is a really amazing car. Six airbags, a six speed gearbox, what next? Whether by choice or by necessity, this car is turning out to be a pioneer in many respects at this price level. Top marks to Hyundai!
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 14:52   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 95
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

I think they have discontinued the Asta(o) model which had the 6 airbags + sun roof..

and if I am not mistaken, the Asta will now have 4 discs + 2 Airbags and the sixspeed gear box..
spyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 15:04   #37
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pondicherry
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th July 2010 at 13:57.
PetVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 21:08   #38
BHPian
 
aa_asif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: KL 07 > KA 03
Posts: 244
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Booked an i20 CRDI Sportz (6-speed) with Alloys last week. Expecting the delivery in 20 days!!!
aa_asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 01:18   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,696
Thanked: 2,111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ok guys, I'll put in a request to Hyundai soon.
GTO - any update on this yet? Sorry, but I am looking for an unbiased i20 crdi review.

I have a few other questions, someone can hopefully help me with:
1. is the ac issue as pronounced in the crdi too?
2. what is the use of the 6th gear, ho can it be used at 40kmph
3. any idea on the waiting period for the asta crdi? does it run into months?

cheers
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 12:24   #40
Newbie
 
tectrac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ok guys, I'll put in a request to Hyundai soon.



But thats EXACTLY what the mass market wants. It is us enthusiasts who want a heavier steering at speed, and ample feedback from the road. We form 1% of the market, the other 99% want a fuss free light steering wheel. Heck, even the Merc E Class now offers a light disconnected steering wheel.


I took my new car and shod her with Sparco Pista 15 inchers and Yokohama S-Drives 195/60s, that keeps the rolling radius the same without cheating the ABS. Also the Sparcos are very light.

Makes a world of difference though the stock Aceleres weren't bad.


Excerpt below from Hyundai UK, its looking at.

Hyundai | New Cars | I20 | Technical

Model 1.2 Petrol 5 Speed Manual 1.4 Petrol 5 Speed Manual 1.4 Petrol 4 Speed Automatic 1.4 CRDi 75PS 5 Speed Manual 1.4 CRDi 90PS 6 Speed Manual
* 6.0J width is applicable for all i20s produced from September 2010 onwards. Please check with your local dealer to confirm production date or for more information. Models built before this data have a 5.5J width.
Classic* Steel 6.0J x 15 N/A N/A N/A N/A
Comfort* Alloy 6.0J x 15 Alloy 6.0J x 15 Alloy 6.0J x 15 Alloy 6.0J x 15 N/A
Style* N/A Alloy 6.0J x 16 N/A N/A Alloy 6.0J x 16


This is what is needed actually for our i20s. (I have one too, will post pics soon !!! ). Just returned fro a trip Chennai Bangalore Coonoor Bangalore Chennai.
tectrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 15:12   #41
BHPian
 
gkrishn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 584
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tectrac View Post
I took my new car and shod her with Sparco Pista 15 inchers and Yokohama S-Drives 195/60s, that keeps the rolling radius the same without cheating the ABS. Also the Sparcos are very light.
I saw your car in a2b yesterday. With those alloys, the car was real hot. Please do post detailed report, on onwership. Might help hyundai get one more customer here.

Last edited by GTO : 8th November 2010 at 15:37. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS language please. Correcting
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 20:01   #42
BHPian
 
kadanaJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 348
Thanked: 115 Times
Default

Could someone who owns or has extensively driven both an i20 and an NHC compare the steering of the two.
I own an NHC, so would like a direct comparison from someone with better expertise. That and I couldn't get a good feel of the i20 steering in the span of a short Test Drive.
kadanaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 22:13   #43
BHPian
 
salvation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 117
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: TD'd- New i20 sportz crdi (6 speed)

hi!!
i booked i20 diesel magna today and i was told that 6 speed transmission has been discontinued and next lot of diesel cars will come with 5gears +1 reverse. also there will be marginal reduction in price which dealer will clarify to me in 3-4 days time.

well i20 diesel started with 5 gears and then suddenly 6 gears were introduced and now again back to previous 5 gears.. i dont know what hyundai is doing.
they are not sending right signals by doing all this but i guess i have no other option in this segment.
salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 23:25   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 2,150 Times
Default Re: TD'd- New i20 sportz crdi (6 speed)

Hey Salvation, first of all congrats on your booking. Are you sure that the dealer confirmed the new lot had 5 gears? If yes, then are we getting back quicker 5 geared 1.4 CRDI engine?
I read an article somewhere about Hyundai incorporating the 'New Fluidic' design into all of their models. Can this possibly be the refreshed I20 your dealer was referring to??
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 23:51   #45
BHPian
 
salvation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 117
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728
Hey Salvation, first of all congrats on your booking. Are you sure that the dealer confirmed the new lot had 5 gears? If yes, then are we getting back quicker 5 geared 1.4 CRDI engine?
I read an article somewhere about Hyundai incorporating the 'New Fluidic' design into all of their models. Can this possibly be the refreshed I20 your dealer was referring to??
Yes I am 100% sure that it's 5+1 which they Are going to deliver to me. I had visited 2 other dealerships but there Sp never told me about this. This dealer knew me so I came to know.
I am told that apart from gear everything else is same so can't say whether it's refreshed one or not.
Honestly after booking I was more confused then being happy to book the vehicle.
Just need guidance from u guys reg PDI first then tyre upgrades and after 5000kms petes tuning box
salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i20 1.4 CRDi Sportz (O) - Initial Ownership Review classicselva Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 129 29th December 2016 14:54
My Black Beauty: 6-Speed Hyundai i20 Sportz CRDi. EDIT: Sold! guyfrmblr Long-Term Ownership Reviews 306 10th October 2015 10:31
Hyundai i20 CRDI Sportz - 1 year ownership story, and still counting with SMILES PassionateDrive Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 43 20th May 2013 17:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks