Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2010, 05:59   #16
BHPian
 
vikrantj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 574
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Nice ride . Very good colour too. Congrats on your purchase.

What are those small guages in RPM and Speedometers ? Asking the question since to me they seem to be too small to be read comfortably.

--Vikrant
vikrantj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 10:34   #17
BHPian
 
Caramelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ahmedabad
Posts: 769
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

congratulations!

i wanted to know the difference between the seats in comfortline and trendline! i hear they have sports seats in comfortline? what is the difference in comfort!

do you get memory seats? in comfortline?
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 11:25   #18
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,492
Thanked: 4,107 Times
Default

Congrats on the Jetta! Enjoy many more miles on the Jetta.

by the way the 2.0 motor is a welcome change in the Jetta
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 11:39   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 596
Thanked: 115 Times
Default

Congrats for the Jetta deepak. I fell in love with the interiors the moment I saw your snaps. Did you TD the earlier PD engines before going for the new CRDI motor?
The Jetta has such a professional demeanor. Simple straight lines.
Wishing you lots of happy miles with it.
@vikrantj: those are the analog temperature and fuel level gauges.
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 11:51   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 110
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Congrats on your new car. Jetta is the best choice in that segment. Does the music system have a touch screen interface? Awaiting more pics.
Thanks Anand. The music system does have a touch screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice... Very Nice!

116 @ 2KRPM @ 5th Gear is Really great to hear. Now that is some machine to cruise on a highway.

Some basic questions:

- How are the suspensions? Any bottom scraping?
- How much was the OTR?
- Did you need to buy any thing (accessories) more than what they offered?
- Did you feel it is worth buying a Comfortline compared to a Trendline?
If yes, what tilted the decision?
The suspension is very very good. It just glides I mean literally. When I was travelling at around 85kmph, there was a small up and down on the connecting road to ECR. It just went up and down after the bump in slow motion a few times so as to give the least effect of the bump to the passengers inside. No bottom scraping at all even at 15-20 kmph. This is a blessing to me having driven the Civic for so long. My OTR post is already up. I absolutely needed to buy nothing. Only the sun film is still pending. Will check out few options this weekend and proceed on that.

The comfortline vs. trendline decision was majorly by my wife. She liked the chrome trim on the side windows, the music system touchscreen and the illuminated vanity mirrors the most. I liked the sport seats and the rich leather interiors. The steering itself is so different to hold. Then of course the electrically adjustable lumbar support. I just found the drawers under the seat which is a surprise addition. 10 speakers enriches you like a home theater in the car. And the Trendline didn't have even retractable side view mirrors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Nice pics, the car looks great! Nice interiors too (dials elude German classiness)!

How customisable is the stereo in terms of equalizer settings and stuff?
Also how good is the rear seat space?
PS: I like Hosanna too
I haven't explored the equalizer settings much as I haven't used the AUX, Bluetooth connectors yet. That's when I get to listen what I like. So I shall reserve my response for later. I shall surely get back to you on this. The rear seat space is quite decent. Much better than the Cruze and the Civic. I had recently 4 passengers in the car and no one complained of any crampness.
PS: I like Anbil Avan better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It depends on the outside colour. If you go for black then you get two tone beige and black.

If you go for grey or maroon or silver you get the grey interiors.
Actually they give you the option of choosing anthracite or beige interiors irrespective of the color of the car. I chose the former since I already got beige in the Civic. Better in the sense dirt doesn't show up easily too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Nice ride . Very good colour too. Congrats on your purchase.

What are those small guages in RPM and Speedometers ? Asking the question since to me they seem to be too small to be read comfortably.

--Vikrant
Thanks vikrant. Those small gauges are temperature and fuel gauge. They are easy to read. Pictures can sometimes be deceiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
congratulations!

i wanted to know the difference between the seats in comfortline and trendline! i hear they have sports seats in comfortline? what is the difference in comfort!

do you get memory seats? in comfortline?
Thanks caramelo. The sport seats are comfortable to sit in. It kinda gives you a secure feeling. But the minus is it is very difficult to get out of. I sometimes have to hold on to the roof using both hands to get out. It was a mammoth task for my grandpa who sat in the car that too in the front sport seats when we took it for a spin the first day. No memory seats. Only electrical lumbar support and thigh support. Moving front and back is manual.
deepakchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 13:35   #21
BHPian
 
Praveen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 54
Thanked: Once
Default

Its the best choice you've made. Earlier ACC,Bluetooth,Touch screen audio unit,Controls on steering,Electric folding mirrors were not available in MT. It was only in AT.

Good that you've go the door & boot mats for free. They were not provided as freebies. After exchanging of few calls to HO and mails to VW have finally accepted to give. FYI those cost around 5K.
Praveen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 14:32   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default

Very thing just looks so Superb-ish (I mean the car here :P )

The AC knobs,window switches,music system, MFD display in the instrument cluster, headlight switch and even the rear view mirror ! It's either a direct lift off the Superb or with minor modifcations.

It's amazing how much VW must save costs by sharing sooo many component.

Skoda doesn't offer a bluetooth kit that integrates with this system, does VW offer the same? I have been wanting to get one so I guess if I fit the one that VW offers it should work as the system are the same.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 20:18   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 110
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveen1 View Post
Its the best choice you've made. Earlier ACC,Bluetooth,Touch screen audio unit,Controls on steering,Electric folding mirrors were not available in MT. It was only in AT.

Good that you've go the door & boot mats for free. They were not provided as freebies. After exchanging of few calls to HO and mails to VW have finally accepted to give. FYI those cost around 5K.
Thanks. I didn't know the mats cost that much. They are of course of very good quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Very thing just looks so Superb-ish (I mean the car here :P )
Skoda doesn't offer a bluetooth kit that integrates with this system, does VW offer the same? I have been wanting to get one so I guess if I fit the one that VW offers it should work as the system are the same.
VW offers bluetooth in built. You can play tracks off your phone. The external mic alone is an accessory which I need to place an order and take the vehicle to the workshop to get it fitted. I don't know how VW overlooked this small thing. They give the whole package but for one small thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the Jetta deepak. I fell in love with the interiors the moment I saw your snaps. Did you TD the earlier PD engines before going for the new CRDI motor?
The Jetta has such a professional demeanor. Simple straight lines.
Wishing you lots of happy miles with it.
Thanks Utopian. Yes I did test drive the PD engines. My test drives started in Nov09. You can see that in my first post in this thread. In fact, I had taken delivery of the 2.0L CR TDi without even testing it.
deepakchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 22:27   #24
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post

Thanks Utopian. Yes I did test drive the PD engines. My test drives started in Nov09. You can see that in my first post in this thread. In fact, I had taken delivery of the 2.0L CR TDi without even testing it.
How does the CR engine compare with PD when it comes to city driving in peak hour traffic?
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 11:27   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 110
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
How does the CR engine compare with PD when it comes to city driving in peak hour traffic?
Almost similar. Very little difference in the pull that you get as well when the turbo kicks in. Only some 5bhp difference. The real difference as they claim is in the fuel efficiency and highway driving. I somehow have a feeling the CR is a little louder than the PD.

The real highway driving I will be experiencing this weekend. It has touched 950km already on the odo. So technically my running in is almost over. I am going to try touching as max as I can if I find a decent stretch from Chennai to Salem.
deepakchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 11:53   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post

VW offers bluetooth in built. You can play tracks off your phone. The external mic alone is an accessory which I need to place an order and take the vehicle to the workshop to get it fitted. I don't know how VW overlooked this small thing. They give the whole package but for one small thing.
Music play, thats amazing !! How's the quality ?

Why can't Skoda just offer this accessory !
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 12:31   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Default

Hi deepakchan,

Congratulations again. The Jetta in the light blue looks amazing and the interiors so much better in grey. Wish you many miles of driving pleasure.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 14:09   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Initially I had chosen the Trendline for want of an MT. I already have an AT Civic and it is kinda boring to drive on highways. But on finding out that the DSG box is discontinued and the Comfortline would be available as an MT, I jumped at the idea, upped the budget a little bit and went straight with the cheque on April 1, 2010 to book the car at VW Chennai.
Deepakchan, excellent selection of a car and I am sure you are thoroughly enjoying the drive in Chennai. How does it feel to move from an AT back to an MT? By the way, does the Jetta 2.0 have an AT option and what price does it come for?
jacobgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 15:12   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 110
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Music play, thats amazing !! How's the quality ?

Why can't Skoda just offer this accessory !
I shall definitely update you on this. Haven't tried this till now since the day the car came I put the AUX cable in place and have been lazy to pair my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi deepakchan,

Congratulations again. The Jetta in the light blue looks amazing and the interiors so much better in grey. Wish you many miles of driving pleasure.
Thanks khoj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobgeorge View Post
Deepakchan, excellent selection of a car and I am sure you are thoroughly enjoying the drive in Chennai. How does it feel to move from an AT back to an MT? By the way, does the Jetta 2.0 have an AT option and what price does it come for?
I really enjoy driving on the highways and on OMR or ECR in Chennai. But in traffic I really miss the AT. Although I can take my foot off the clutch completely in 1st gear to cruise at 9kmph or 2nd at 16kmph, it still is a pain when someone abruptly stops or in bumper to bumper traffic.

And no, the Jetta and Passat both have only the MT option now. On questioning on this stupid move, the dealership guys told me, that there has been a major upgradation which has happened and the DSG-upgrade will first roll out to European and US markets before launching here which will take at least a year or two. So only 5-speed MT for Jetta and 6-speed MT for Passat are on sale right now.
deepakchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 23:39   #30
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
The real highway driving I will be experiencing this weekend. It has touched 950km already on the odo. So technically my running in is almost over. I am going to try touching as max as I can if I find a decent stretch from Chennai to Salem.
Have a blast mate , and do update us on Jetta's highway manners & how easily the CR engine goes above 100kmph speeds.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Artemis, the goddess of the hunt: VW Jetta MK6 Comfortline TDI bharat4ever Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 98 23rd July 2017 13:03
The Abominable (Skoda) Yeti *UPDATE* 20,000Kms Update on Pg.14 SushilBajpai Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 281 8th December 2016 16:08
Meine Mädchen- The 2011 New Jetta - Comfortline MT lamboguy Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 128 21st August 2014 16:43
VW Jetta Comfortline 2.0L TDi ! Finally got it. carradio Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 8 7th November 2010 21:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:01.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks