Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th May 2010, 18:17   #31
BHPian

Congrats! Sumathindra. Welcome to the Figo owners club. Enjoy your ride.

Cheers!!!
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 22:32   #32
BHPian

But I am little surprised to know that in the top end model too, they are not giving front fog lamp, 4 door power window, stearing mounted controls, otherwise this car rocks and you can not de-activate passenger side air-bag.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 22:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
But I am little surprised to know that in the top end model too, they are not giving front fog lamp, 4 door power window, stearing mounted controls, otherwise this car rocks and you can not de-activate passenger side air-bag.
yeah they should have provided fog lamps and power windows at the least!! otherwise this car rocks and complete VFM...
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 13:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Congrats! Sumathindra. Welcome to the Figo owners club. Enjoy your ride.

Cheers!!!
Thanks chief, look forward to interacting with all figo owners!!!
Old 14th May 2010, 14:35   #35
BHPian

Quote:

I suppose it is a company strategy to price the car down!

@Sumathindra. Congrats! great choice!

Last edited by Mafia : 14th May 2010 at 14:43.
Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 16:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
I suppose it is a company strategy to price the car down!

@Sumathindra. Congrats! great choice!
Hard to get this point, how much can you save on 2 power windows and 2 fog lamps? hardly 10k to 12k, stearing mounted controls for another 5k, who is paying 5.3L, he can pay 5.45L with these features, then also this car will remain same value for money.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 23:23   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Hard to get this point, how much can you save on 2 power windows and 2 fog lamps? hardly 10k to 12k, stearing mounted controls for another 5k, who is paying 5.3L, he can pay 5.45L with these features, then also this car will remain same value for money.
I am sure it is beyond the money front. It could have been a simple oversight either by ignorance or deliberate!!
Old 15th May 2010, 23:48   #38
BHPian

Guys today i had experienced a strange occurrence. I stopped my figo petrol and switched off the ignition and removed the key. I stepped out of the car and realized that the engine was running.

First thing is how can this happen? Second thing, i inserted the key again and restarted the car and after a few seconds switched it off. The engine switched off!! Can someone tell me what and how this happened? GTO help!!
Old 16th May 2010, 18:06   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Guys today i had experienced a strange occurrence. I stopped my figo petrol and switched off the ignition and removed the key. I stepped out of the car and realized that the engine was running.

First thing is how can this happen? Second thing, i inserted the key again and restarted the car and after a few seconds switched it off. The engine switched off!! Can someone tell me what and how this happened? GTO help!!

Hey that seems to be quite a serious issue, I mean safety is at stake. I just cannot comprehend how it happened Is it happening all the time or one off incidence?
In my opinion you should show the vehicle to the service station or report such issue to Ford at the earliest.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 18:36   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post

No your engine had switched off but the radiator fan was on & it switches off automatically after a few seconds of removing the key, if the engine temp is above a certain mark. Its a safety measure & the fan sounds as if the engine is running.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 20:46   #41
BHPian

[quote=sumathindra;1879440]Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol (moondust silver)

some more pictures of the silver ghost...
Attached Images

Last edited by sumathindra : 16th May 2010 at 20:47. Reason: added new picture of the silver ghost...
Old 16th May 2010, 21:07   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I understand that due to the door design, the rear windows can't be wound down fully. That could be the reason why power windows were not provided in the rear
raju2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 21:23   #43
BHPian

My father-in-law wants to buy the Figo Petrol and he was enquiring about the FE.He is expecting his car to have a FE of around 12kmpl with 100% AC on and 14 without AC in the city.

Is that a fair expectation?
joy_swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 21:25   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
No your engine had switched off but the radiator fan was on & it switches off automatically after a few seconds of removing the key, if the engine temp is above a certain mark. Its a safety measure & the fan sounds as if the engine is running.
Thanks mustang, i got worried for a while...
Old 16th May 2010, 21:26   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
My father-in-law wants to buy the Figo Petrol and he was enquiring about the FE.He is expecting his car to have a FE of around 12kmpl with 100% AC on and 14 without AC in the city.

Is that a fair expectation?
yes probably a point here and there could be the variance...