Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 21:23   #91
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 191 Times
Default First Service done

Got my first service done and what an experience!

I was offered a anti rust paint job underneath the car for 3k which i politely refused. The usual first service pointers were highlighted.

I was called later in the evening and informed that the car was ready for delivery. I went and picked it up and drove straight to the office and then around 8pm left for home.

The next day i was getting in to go to the office when i noticed

1. Extremely bad and horrifying polish job on the dash and side doors. I did not miss having a mirror all around the car.
2. It smelt of polish and it was uneven throughout the car. I was shocked!
3. The tires were not at all polished and my BP was rising already.
4. The glass was all foggy and not at all cleaned.

I wrote a very nasty mail to Lathangi Ford and i was called by their customer service head and i blasted him for this messy job. It was like not owning or recognizing my car!

They promised action and the next day they came for an inspection and agreed on the bad job done. They took the car for a revamp and delivered it in the afternoon amidst heavy downpour. I was so disappointed as the car was again covered in water and slush. I was particularly disappointed by the tire polish. In my earlier M800 after the service the tires were always well polished and lasted for more than 2 weeks. I really do not understand this bad polish job.

Hope the second service will be good enough...
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 17:31   #92
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 191 Times
Default USB Cable

After much deliberations with myself i finally i got the USB cable from Lathangi ford! it costed me Rs.1200. I feel the pinch however i did not want to tamper the system and do it myself with a cheap alternative.

I was in at 12:15pm and was out in 15minutes! Finally i can get rid of the CD's and having to maintain them phew...I wanted to have a slot on the dash however i was advised to leave it in the glove hidden!
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 17:34   #93
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,467
Thanked: 19,370 Times
Default

Is it the new design with ipod option? Metro Ford don't have it in stock.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 17:42   #94
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 191 Times
Default

no this is the old one with the USB option only. Honestly i did not know there is a new version!
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 22:58   #95
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 191 Times
Default Touched 3000 kms

Today i crossed 3000 kms and touch wood the running has been smooth. I have heard on other posts of squeaks and other related noise levels, well i have none of these.

Somehow i feel the pickup has dropped however i am not really sure and will have to test it on free roads. FE hovers between 12 and 13 is my observation. I will post some pictures in the next post. It will be great if anyone can let me know if some attention is needed after crossing 3000 kms, either in terms of an intermediate service or some sort of maintenance, let me know...
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 23:04   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 649 Times
Default

Sumathindra,
Good to hear your car doesn't suffers like some of the other figos.
I think you and me are the only petrol figo owners here at team-bhp. My car has done a little over 7500 KM now.

You did your first service at 2,500 KM right?
Then there nothing to be done until 10,000 KM or 1 year. Thats when the next service is.
Your FE of 12-13 in the city is with the Aircon on 100% of the time?
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 23:09   #97
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 191 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Sumathindra,
Good to hear your car doesn't suffers like some of the other figos.
I think you and me are the only petrol figo owners here at team-bhp. My car has done a little over 7500 KM now.

You did your first service at 2,500 KM right?
Then there nothing to be done until 10,000 KM or 1 year. Thats when the next service is.
Your FE of 12-13 in the city is with the Aircon on 100% of the time?
thanks captain for the quick response. Yes i guess you and i are the only petrol heads! Yes the first service was done on time and the 12 to 13 FE is almost on 50-50 usage of AC!
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:57   #98
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 191 Times
Default mysore trip

Just returned after a 2 day road trip to Mysore and back to Bangalore. It was an excellent drive as always and yes i must say that the drive factor in the car is top notch. I did notice one thing though, at times the engine becomes sluggish when AC is on. I did almost 90% AC through out the journey! At Mandya it was raining and the ABS was working like a charm!

I should know the FE in a while, will post it once i do the calculations. Pictures will also follow...

Pit stops at McDonald, Adigas and CCD was a pleasure :-)

Last edited by sumathindra : 2nd December 2010 at 22:58. Reason: added more info
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 12:21   #99
BHPian
 
driving_smartly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 476
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report

@ sumathindra Sir

Saw your first post in this thread that was around 11th May 2010, So it would be a year with Figo 1.2 Petrol. Any recent updates happening with your Figo ?

There are only two Bhpians with petrol figo one is you and and other is Captain. I am really hooked on your thread for more updates as we could well consider a Petrol Figo as our usage is pretty less (Still got to convince my father though ).
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 18:09   #100
BHPian
 
gtonsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 300
Thanked: 72 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
thanks captain for the quick response. Yes i guess you and i are the only petrol heads! Yes the first service was done on time and the 12 to 13 FE is almost on 50-50 usage of AC!
Hi sumathindra, I am a little scared to read your first service experience. I suppose this was at Lathangi Ford? I am getting close to my 1st service. I till date have no complaints on my Petrol Zxi other than the "thump" which was explained in another thread here on tbhp.

With your experience, is there anything that, in hind sight, you would have mentioned/got it checked during your first service? I am not really too bothered about mileage - my idea is you have a car to drive and if you are worried about mileage too much, you kill the pleasure of driving - but IMHO only.

I also went to the 3M store. I was not too sure of the need for a front windscreen protective screen. Are you aware if the front windscreen is pre-laminated? I see some dark lines and spots on the glass (where the IRVM is fixed) and someone told me this could mean that glass is pre-laminated and I shouldnt bother about 3M protection.

Now that monsoon is setting in, are you considering under body coating? I am a little concerned in this area because I 'happened' to go on a little Off-Road with my car (basically was a farm house visit bit the road disappeared so had to off- road until it re-connected) and wondering if the undersides got scraped - there were no stones but many tall grass and shrubs and the sounds those made scratching the body was painful

Does that make us three Figo Petrol owners in TBHP? I was sure there were more Figo petrol owners in here..
gtonsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 09:48   #101
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 191 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Hi sumathindra, I am a little scared to read your first service experience. I suppose this was at Lathangi Ford? I am getting close to my 1st service. I till date have no complaints on my Petrol Zxi other than the "thump" which was explained in another thread here on tbhp.

With your experience, is there anything that, in hind sight, you would have mentioned/got it checked during your first service? I am not really too bothered about mileage - my idea is you have a car to drive and if you are worried about mileage too much, you kill the pleasure of driving - but IMHO only.

I also went to the 3M store. I was not too sure of the need for a front windscreen protective screen. Are you aware if the front windscreen is pre-laminated? I see some dark lines and spots on the glass (where the IRVM is fixed) and someone told me this could mean that glass is pre-laminated and I shouldnt bother about 3M protection.

Now that monsoon is setting in, are you considering under body coating? I am a little concerned in this area because I 'happened' to go on a little Off-Road with my car (basically was a farm house visit bit the road disappeared so had to off- road until it re-connected) and wondering if the undersides got scraped - there were no stones but many tall grass and shrubs and the sounds those made scratching the body was painful

Does that make us three Figo Petrol owners in TBHP? I was sure there were more Figo petrol owners in here..

It is a year now i am driving the figo and trust me i am thrilled each and every day i drive it. I got the 2nd servicing as well and got a teflon coating done. I am not too sure about the under body coating and hence will wait and watch!
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 10:13   #102
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
It is a year now i am driving the figo and trust me i am thrilled each and every day i drive it. I got the 2nd servicing as well and got a teflon coating done. I am not too sure about the under body coating and hence will wait and watch!
Sumathindra get the underbody done up, it is absolutely essential or otherwise you would be looking at rusty exhausts and other stuff after a few years.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 12:19   #103
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 191 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Sumathindra get the underbody done up, it is absolutely essential or otherwise you would be looking at rusty exhausts and other stuff after a few years.
Thanks mustang for the tip. I guess i will get it done after all. It is just that the SA was not able to convince me entirely why i should get it done.

By the way how long does the under body paint last? would this need to be repeated after a couple of years?

Last edited by sumathindra : 16th May 2011 at 12:20. Reason: more info
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 12:48   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai/BLR/USA
Posts: 928
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report

In my opinion it makes more sense to get underbody painted for people who stay near the cost like Mumbai, Chennai etc as the high salt content corrodes the metal faster.
Bangalore is predominantly dry except for the rainy season, hence the factory paint protection should hold good for some time to come.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 14:05   #105
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Thanks mustang for the tip. I guess i will get it done after all. It is just that the SA was not able to convince me entirely why i should get it done.

By the way how long does the under body paint last? would this need to be repeated after a couple of years?
You can get frequent touch ups from 3M for free.
The one I got done at 3M outlet at Lathangi ford cost me 3k, and comes with a 5 year warranty.
So whenever you scrape your underbody and feel there might be a damage, you can get it touched up by 3M for free during your next visit to the service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
In my opinion it makes more sense to get underbody painted for people who stay near the cost like Mumbai, Chennai etc as the high salt content corrodes the metal faster.
Bangalore is predominantly dry except for the rainy season, hence the factory paint protection should hold good for some time to come.
For normal cars, yes. But since the figo has a lesser GC, chances of scraping the underbody on speed breakers and uneven roads are high. Hence the factory protection layer might get damaged easily. So getting the coating done is indeed useful.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report joethomasv Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 481 17th May 2012 20:40
Ford Figo EXi (Petrol) Intial Ownership Report wysiwyg25 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 4 10th August 2010 18:57
Ford Figo ZXI Diesel Initial ownership report e-biz Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 124 25th June 2010 16:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks