Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2010, 17:35   #256
BHPian

The number plate thing - Very clever! You had me for a few seconds. Great write up, as always!
Old 17th May 2010, 17:51   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam- Could you shed some light on this Bluetooth attachment ? I have been hunting to get one too. Was thinking it might be a wise idea to contact VW dealer for it as they have the same system essentially but with the bluetooth attachment standard.

A tip for the AC, since you will be chauffered most often, this is what I have found best:
-Shut the front side vents (extreme left and right), the driver can set the center one pointed towards him to prevent you from suffering from his BO . This step increases the rear vents air-flow drastically !

- Keep dual OFF and change temperature from the right now to keep things even.

- Set inside air circulation on, this increase cooling by about 2 degrees and ofcourse saves you from the horrid smell/smoke outside.

- Activate the front only circulation button and keep AUTO off.

- On an extremly hot summer afternoon I start up with 19 degrees for about 5 minutes and then settle at 23-24 degrees.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:27   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Sam: You are hearby renamed Frank "the Transporter IV" Kapasi, hope you don't mind.
Frank kapasi? Did I miss something here?? New car , new name..
Old 17th May 2010, 18:32   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I'm also one of those guys who has a back drenched with sweat, even if the air conditioning is turned all the way to the max.
I can so relate to that. And imagine the crampiness inside the AUTO that I drive to office everyday in the humid hot summer days of Kolkata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Nothing to do in office today. Perfect timing for the thread Sam. Congrats and waiting for more.
Same here. Great read.

Quote:
........................And I wanted buttons.

Buttons for all kinds of crap.........................Nah. I wanted to buy a BIG car that would smell great, feel great and I'd stretch out in the big seat with a big SIGH and be driven to work.

I like that.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:07   #260
BHPian

Congratulations SAM ,

your review is really an Eye candy
Old 18th May 2010, 12:54   #261
BHPian

Sam, your posts are like, Hrithik & Aamir releasing their movies once a year.

Come-on buddy, don’t be lazy.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:12   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Of course this means telling the security doorman and everyone else all the time.

Usko buss sirf aise, aise halka sa dabao
They look at you confused.
Slam mat karo. Usko aise, pyaar se neeche karo. Apne aap band ho jaata hai.

I can imagine you sitting in the backseat and giving instructions to the security. I do hope that after all that "halka sa dabao" etc etc the person understands what to dabao and how halke .

Congrats on your purchase. We definitely deserve to see a photo Mr. Sam aka Frank aka Transporter Kapasi sitting in his car in the backseat.

Last edited by ambivalent_98 : 18th May 2010 at 18:14.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:58   #263
BHPian

Default Where is The YetiŽ

All said and done, where is our The YetiŽ ??

Sam, we are missing your typical 'The YetiŽ' trademark style of writing!

Last edited by vinayrathore : 18th May 2010 at 18:59.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:08   #264
BHPian

Default Fantabulous write-up, brilliant

Congrats Sam on the beauutifull drive.

One line: You are fantabulous writer, no second thoughts.

Trust me you should take advice from the fellow BHPians and should seriously think about penning down a novel.
You would do wonders. Whenever you are interested, I am sure you will sell your first 30k copies on Team-Bhp itself
Old 19th May 2010, 15:14   #265
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
- Keep dual OFF and change temperature from the right now to keep things even.

- Set inside air circulation on, this increase cooling by about 2 degrees and ofcourse saves you from the horrid smell/smoke outside.

- Activate the front only circulation button and keep AUTO off.

- On an extremly hot summer afternoon I start up with 19 degrees for about 5 minutes and then settle at 23-24 degrees.
I do this exact same thing! Works pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Hi Sam,

Let me know if I can help you to get the HU parts from Munich. Almost every month my collegue travel to India Pune and back. If its small in size, I can send it to Pune and you can collect it from there.
I could use some help here. Looking for a Columbus RNS 510 HU. Please let me know if you get any info on the pricing. Since, i do not want to spend a lot on this, a 'used' (not abused) HU with the code, for a decent price, will work just fine.

PS: Sorry for the double post. Didn't realize the edit function (for the first post) was still open.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th May 2010 at 19:35.
Old 19th May 2010, 19:22   #266
BHPian

I got hooked on to this thread and read the 18 pages in about an hour or so. Sam Superb! Keep it coming.

As for your comments on the Automatic Climate Control where you mentioned the fan blower comes on blasting in Auto mode, I face th same issue in my Cruze as well, also the windshield gets fogged in the evenings as the blower on top of the dash also is activated.

I dont use the auto AC for these precise reasons, is there any solution or have you figured out the settings?

Your inputs on this will be appreciated.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:07   #267
BHPian

Hi Sam,

Great write up. Though I don't own one personally I have always been a fan of the car, ever since I travelled in one owned by a friend of mine.

The car is superb, but so are your writing skills.

Kudos!!!
Old 20th May 2010, 00:56   #268
Senior - BHPian

Sir Yeti, I just saw that your car comes with Valeo's Parktronic System. I've been looking for Valeo in India but all efforts have been in vain.
Attached Images

Old 20th May 2010, 02:40   #269
BHPian

fantabulous write-up, simply awsome and i have to mention your writing skills simply outstanding. congrats on the superb.
Old 20th May 2010, 12:11   #270
BHPian

Sam,

I have just spent my first half in office reading your entire thread from the start. Awesome!! Wish I could write like that - I am kind of technically challenged when it comes comparing PS/Torque and stuff like "linear something".

I had checked out the SS too. Loved the rear space since I had shortlisted the Accord before this and had negotiated the deal too. But I had an issue with SS. The bugger never sent the car for a TD inspite of calling him twice (the showroom at Lokhandwala). Have the wine coloured one in the building and I admire it everyday.

To be honest, I never knew the umbrella part. When I read it for the first time I thought, " does this car go so fast that it needs a parachute (an umbrella could be caruage for the same) to stop like you see on the fighter planes."

You mentioned being in the creative profession so I guess the writing style comes natually to you. Loved reading every part of it. I had my "paisa vasool" moment when I put the Beemer in Sports mode and floored the pedal - like taking off. you get the goosies.

I have a similar problem with mist around the centre of the front windshield. I just squirt some water and the viper wipes it away. Alternatively, use the dehumidifier option with vents pointing upwards. The only problem is that hot air will fill the car when you use it. The first one works best.

Happy driving! and hope you dont get to experience the bad A.S.S. being spoken about here.
Closed Thread