Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th May 2010, 17:32   #31
BHPian

Congrats mate on your purchase, undoubtedly it's a wonderful car for city driving and with load of features. I love everything about this car except the price :-)
SinghBHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 18:21   #32
BHPian

Congrats on becoming 20. Probably the best hatchback in our country, (ruling out the price tag). The dash looks awesome at nights with blue, white led's.

Have pleasure riding!

Last edited by Keychain : 28th May 2010 at 18:28.
Keychain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 09:00   #33
BHPian

Looks wonderful, take good care of her
ranjitkodali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 12:42   #34
BHPian

Dash Looks amazing, congrats
carfanatic007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 18:18   #35
BHPian

I've been given to understand that the classic 'running in period' is no longer relevant for new-gen cars? Just wanted to check whether the dealer / handbook recommended any kind of restrictions until the first servicing? I will be picking up my i20 Diesel sometime midweek, and was planning to drive up to Ooty (via Sigur) as an inaugural run. Any views?
modthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 02:12   #36
BHPian

Congrats for your "own" car. We both have i20 and same color. And also currently I am in Bangalore with my baby (i20).
Happy driving and safe driving.
Anuj_Mumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 07:54   #37
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the new car. How much did you pay on-road for this?
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 09:02   #38
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Congrats @ri on your i20.. hope to join your theme soon
Please do! It would be good to have more join the fraternity!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
I love everything about this car except the price :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keychain View Post
Probably the best hatchback in our country, (ruling out the price tag). The dash looks awesome at nights with blue, white led's.
Aah yes! But for us, the car matters... can do some costcutting elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keychain View Post
Have pleasure riding!
Guess you meant driving !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modthomas View Post
I've been given to understand that the classic 'running in period' is no longer relevant for new-gen cars? Just wanted to check whether the dealer / handbook recommended any kind of restrictions until the first servicing? I will be picking up my i20 Diesel sometime midweek, and was planning to drive up to Ooty (via Sigur) as an inaugural run. Any views?
Yes, the service manual says it is a Pre-Run in engine and only advises to have the RPM within 2000 - 4000. Which should be OK. I would suggest you to take the longer route (w/o the hearpin bends) as the climb is more sedate there, so you can take care of the engine better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj_Mumbai View Post
Congrats for your "own" car. We both have i20 and same color. And also currently I am in Bangalore with my baby (i20).
Happy driving and safe driving.
Wow, did you do a Mumbai - Blr on it. Please share the info, as I want to drive down to Pune sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Congrats on the new car. How much did you pay on-road for this?
It was 6.85 On road Blr

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
OT: Are you living in Vijaya Bank apartments, off Bannerghatta road?
You are spot on!
@ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 09:45   #39
@ri
BHPian

Default Herbie's first "not so long" drive

Yesterday had the chance to take the car out for a not so long drive and needless to say, I enjoyed every bit.

Destination : Nandi Hills
Total Trip Dist : 160 KMs
Top speed : 130 KPH
Mileage.. Not figured out yet.

Most of the drive in the city was good as always, and finally after reaching Hebbal, maintained a constant speed of 80 Kph (Never know where those interceptors spring up from .. so better to stick to the limit!!!). After crossing the Airport ramp, got a clean stretch and slowly picked up the speed to about 130KPH...ran out of road by then and at the same time was feeling jittery. The car was feeling little nervous.... or was it me who was nervous.....good question yet to know who! I have touched speeds of 150KPH on the Zen and somehow I felt in better control.
Also managed to zip into a speed breaker ("un" marked, "un" painted or whatever you call it) at about 70KPH. I just saw it too late and there was no chance to brake! The car rocked but didnt bottom out and fortunately all four of us were wearing seatbelts so no trouble. It had me wincing for a moment but then happy the car did take the battering with aplomb! Soft suspensions yes... well they still do the job!
The climb up the hill was not really very exciting as I was always trying to stay below 3500 RPM rather 3000 RPM most of the time and almost always was in 2nd or 1st gear. it still was pretty effortless to go up.
Getting down was a wow, amazing braking and it is just a breeze!!!

What struck me most was this baby has an engine which is way way too silent! You can hardly hear it!!! a start contrast to my Zen with the K&N Filter.. with makes a good nice gruntling sound :-). Maybe.. I like the sound... so someday the K&N would find its way into Herbie's breathing aparatus as well!
Old 31st May 2010, 10:59   #40
BHPian

Congrats dude,
Interiors look good in blue

BTW, we are practically neighbors!
I stay on 8th Main 1st Cross ( You seems to be in Vijaya Bank Apartments)
Im staying an apartment called "Bon Viveur Heights", close to yours (well about 1 - 1.5 kms ) .
allajunaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 17:55   #41
BHPian

Congratulation for your Acquisition @ri can you throw some more light on effectiveness of AC as this is the only concern which is pulling me back from buying this car.
vc.vinay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 13:26   #42
BHPian

Congrats @ri, i love that color for your i20.

Tried to book the same color while booking my swift but they have some color called auzura grey thats a dark grey and grey mix so settled for silky silver.
ranjith.rajaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 02:01   #43
BHPian

@ RI - thanks for the info. Am reconsidering going up to Ooty now :(. On the other hand, you did do Nandi with the same mileage and felt fine.
modthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 00:08   #44
BHPian

Wow, did you do a Mumbai - Blr on it. Please share the info, as I want to drive down to Pune sometime.

Sorry for delay in reply.
Yup, I have done Mumbai - Blr in Jan. It took me 18 hours with small cigrette/coffe break after every 2 - 2.5 hours drive. While coming from Mumbai around 150 - 175 KM drive (before entering into Bangalore) was little bad as the road widneing was going on. I think if you drive normally you can reach Pune in 13 - 14 hours.

Anuj
Anuj_Mumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 09:13   #45
@ri
BHPian

Talking 1000 on the ODO :-)

3 weeks and 1000 Kms... thats nice for me :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Asta - Herbie comes home!!!-dsc01388.jpg  

Last edited by @ri : 7th June 2010 at 09:16.