Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 10:11   #46
BHPian
 
modthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tel Aviv
Posts: 61
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
3 weeks and 1000 Kms... thats nice for me :-)
Thats good going, RI. Looking forward to the first service report. Do you keep a camera permanently in the car to record all significant odo readings ??
modthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 12:54   #47
@ri
BHPian
 
@ri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 140
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by modthomas View Post
Do you keep a camera permanently in the car to record all significant odo readings ??
Sony Ericsson Cybershot K790i does the trick. The best camera is the one you have on you when the moment happens...
@ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 08:34   #48
@ri
BHPian
 
@ri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 140
Thanked: 8 Times
Default The first "substantial" long dirve

Saturday was the day chosen to really test out "Herbie", take him out on a long drive and have some pure fun. Left home at around 7.30, headed out to the Nice road and carried on to Srirangapatna, Nimishamba temple. Most of the road was good tarmac and I could do good speeds. Overall, the car felt fine, braking was spot-on and yeah...felt I could like little bit more power...but still the i20 was no slouch either. Pickup was good and good top speeds as well.

From Srirangapatna, we decided to head to Talakad and have some fun in the water before returning home. Figured out there is a deviation from Srirangapatna itself so without second thoughts, took it. A road less frequented awaited us. Traffic for most of the journey was non existent except the occasional bullock cart and tractor, but the road was "pathetic"....
The bad roads though, helped me feel the ABS working, initially heard a few "clack" - "clack" noises coming from the front wheels.. and at first thought something was wrong. But then soon realised it was the ABS working dutifully . Most importantly, the suspensions did a good job and I could do good speeds (40 wherabouts) even on those terrible roads.
Finally headed back home via Kankpura to reach by 8.15.
Total Distance travelled : 350 KMs
Top Speed: 140 KPH
Mileage(approx): 16.5 kmpl

Today, Herbie gets his first service at 1600 kms on the ODO. Just hope the Hyundai guys do a good job. Have a complaint with the clutch pedal making a squeal
@ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 19:30   #49
BHPian
 
modthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tel Aviv
Posts: 61
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post


From Srirangapatna, we decided to head to Talakad and have some fun in the water before returning home.
How is the water at Talakad? Good for dogs to romp?


Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Today, Herbie gets his first service at 1600 kms on the ODO. Just hope the Hyundai guys do a good job. Have a complaint with the clutch pedal making a squeal
Where have you given the Herbie for service? And, do they come pick up or do you have to drop off ?
modthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 19:44   #50
@ri
BHPian
 
@ri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 140
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by modthomas View Post
How is the water at Talakad? Good for dogs to romp?
The water is good and yes ofcourse, if you have a dog... he/she is going to love it. Infact we could see one of the local fox terriers cross the river!!!
But..But...But... your new i20 is NOT going to like the road at all. Just one word for them "PATHETIC"

Quote:
Originally Posted by modthomas View Post
Where have you given the Herbie for service? And, do they come pick up or do you have to drop off ?
Yep and got it back as well... to top it all off.. had to drive back in the rains, so the gleaming shine is gone

I gave it at Advaith, Madhevpura (near whitefield). Had got the contact of one of the service guys, can PM you the name when you need it. He did a good job, atleast got the clutch squeal fixed and set the autolock feature at 40kph. (ensured that nothing funny is done/ worked on). My office is just next door, so they dropped it back. I prefer personally meeting the service guys while giving the car atleast.
@ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 13:56   #51
BHPian
 
modthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tel Aviv
Posts: 61
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
The water is good and yes ofcourse, if you have a dog... he/she is going to love it. Infact we could see one of the local fox terriers cross the river!!!
But..But...But... your new i20 is NOT going to like the road at all. Just one word for them "PATHETIC"
Okay. Will probably try it in the qualis. Would welcome suggestions as to the best way out / back from Blore.


Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
I gave it at Advaith, Madhevpura (near whitefield). Had got the contact of one of the service guys, can PM you the name when you need it.
Thanks. Thats close to me as well. Will let you know when the time comes.
modthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 19:28   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Any long term update @ri? Any issues till now?
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) AT comes home sawnilrules Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 47 13th November 2017 22:17
i20 Asta 1.2L Petrol : 1st i20 2011 model on Team-BHP Forum Suess Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 29th May 2013 12:15
Pic : Herbie comes to Mumbai. Updated pics ; 20/11 v12 Super-Cars & Imports in India 21 27th May 2005 12:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks