Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st May 2010, 13:10   #16
BHPian

Default congrats

Congratulations!!! What is extended TMP ? Details plz ?
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 13:18   #17
BHPian

cossack, Congrats and welcome to the Figo club ! I too bought from Lathangi in Apr. How much the Bajaj Allianze insurance cost you ? I paid 15K, that is without the "Drive Assure" plan. How much you paid for essential pack ? Did you get boot mat ? I paid 1150 or somewhere around that, no boot mat. When I called later, they told they haven't charged me for boot mat as it was not available.
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 15:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
How much you paid for essential pack ? Did you get boot mat ? I paid 1150 or somewhere around that, no boot mat. When I called later, they told they haven't charged me for boot mat as it was not available.

Revy, I have the quote from Lathangi and it says the essential pack is worth Rs.1700/- I too haven't opted for the 'Drive Assurance' for which Lathangi is charging an additional Rs.4137/-. Do you think it is really worth opting for? Or the plain-vanilla insurance is sufficient?

Here is the latest pricelist from Lathangi. I think the prices have gone up by a few thousands as compared to that in April.

Bitmap LATHANGI MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITEDPRICE LIST OF FORD FIGO CARS WITH EFFECT FROM 01.05.2010 FORD FIGO - PETROLMODELEX-SHOWROOM PRICEROAD TAXINSURANCE COMPREHENSIVEINCIDENTAL EXPENSES3rd Yr EXW with RSA + ESSENTIAL PACKON ROAD COST WITH COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCEDRIVE ASSURANCE PREMIUM BY BAJAJON ROAD COST WITH DRIVE ASSURANCE PREMIUM1.2 DURATEC LXI353,010.0050,630.0010,735.005,500.005,050.00424 ,925.002919.00427,844.001.2 DURATEC EXI385,295.0055,250.0011,624.005,500.005,050.00462 ,719.003135.00465,854.001.2 DURATEC ZXI403,455.0057,845.0012,124.005,500.005,050.00483 ,974.003257.00487,231.001.2 DURATEC Titanium446,837.0064,050.0013,318.005,500.005,050. 00534,755.003548.00538,303.00 FORD FIGO - DIESEL1.4 DURATORQ LXI451,881.0064,770.0013,456.005,500.006,150.00541 ,757.003582.00545,339.001.4 DURATORQ EXI477,104.0068,380.0014,151.005,500.006,150.00571 ,285.003751.00575,036.001.4 DURATORQ ZXI 501,317.0077,405.0014,817.005,500.006,150.00605,18 9.003913.00609,102.001.4 DURATORQ Titanium534,610.0082,530.0015,733.005,500.006,150. 00644,523.004137.00648,660.00 Colours Available Chill, Colorado Red, Diamond White, Moondust Silver, Panther Black, Sea Grey, Squeeze 3rd Year Extended Warranty With Road Side Assistance for Petrol Variants: Rs. 3350/-3rd Year Extended Warranty With Road Side Assistance for Diesel Variants: Rs. 4450/-Ess. Pack for all variants: Rs. 1700/NOTE :1) DD / PO in favour of LATHANGI MOTORS PVT LTD payable at Bangalore.2) Road Tax - PO / DD in favour of RTO, Bangalore.3) Delivery against realisation of payment by cheques.4) Prices ruling at the time of delivery will alone apply & all disputes subject to Bangalore jurisdiction.5) Drive Assure Insurance is covered by Bajaj Allianz Insurance. for LATHANGI MOTORS PVT LTD Authorised Signatory.* For In-house CAR FINANCE Contact : Mr. Badri Narayan on 90081 00715 * For Test Drives Contact The Help Line No's - 99456 22241* For Service Call The Help Line No's 24x7 - 98451 44066#448, OPP. IIMB BANNERGHATTA ROAD, BANGALORE -560 076 PH: 080-4055 7999 FAX: 080-4110 7111 Mobile: 99456 22241 Email @ sales@lathangiford.com

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st May 2010 at 15:36. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external fornt editors, also Preview before Submitting posts. thanks
sathya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 15:47   #19
BHPian

Thanks to gemithomas, I learned multi-quoting :-)

Went to Lathangi Ford today to get the license-plate and mud-flaps fixed and needless to say, Rakshit was more than willing to help me out. I could figure out that he's one guy who won't promise you a thing if he can not meet it and hence I admire this guy.

It got over in around half an hour, I wanted to get my vehicle bathed as well, but due to too many deliveries today I couldn't and hence postponed it to a later point when I plan to get the under-body treatment done.

One strange thing I noticed in the workshop today and that was a Berry Red i20 standing getting it's shades, now, either Lathangi does a great job of it or all Hyundai dealers don't, or the BHPian in question has a specific applicator in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Congrats on the Figo. Have you not christened your Figo yet?
BTW, Photos.init.
Not yet pulsar56, I think Figo itself is short and sweet name, but thanks anyway for giving the idea, I'll think in this line.

LOL too... yes old UNIX habits die hard you see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Congratulations!!! What is extended TMP ? Details plz ?
I did ask my SR about the TMP and this is what I got as an answer... You either get the Drive-Assure or TMP for the same price, and I (somehow?) opted for the Drive -Assure from Bajaj-Allianz. Apologies for incorrect information earlier in this thread. I do not have TMP (though this is also correct that TMP IS very much available for Figo, you can ask your dealer in Navi Mumbai again)

Quote:
cossack, Congrats and welcome to the Figo club ! I too bought from Lathangi in Apr. How much the Bajaj Allianze insurance cost you ? I paid 15K, that is without the "Drive Assure" plan. How much you paid for essential pack ? Did you get boot mat ? I paid 1150 or somewhere around that, no boot mat. When I called later, they told they haven't charged me for boot mat as it was not available.
Yes I got the boot-mat and I paid around 1900 for the essential pack, so they may be right in telling you that they didn't bill for the same. I hope you got the mud-flaps at least. Get the boot mats from JC road instead, I hear they've already stacked up Figo essentials and they're of good quality too, would let you know if I come across precise information in this regard.

I went for the Drive-Assure plan (I'm told that this is something like cashless mediclaim insurance for the car, let's see...) and paid up around 19000+ odd, so your figures are correct (15K + 4.5K+).

~
cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 17:04   #20
BHPian

Default Thanks

Thanks, I took the drive assurance - Which comes with depreciation gurantee plus water in engine coverage. Both are claimable only twice a year. I.e, no deprecision on parts like glass, bumpers etc etc.

I have paid around 1700+ for essentails and yet to get my boot mat. I got my car from Lathangi too.

One mistake I did was opt for RE 70 papers, atleast RE 50 would have been better. with RE 70 its still bad in hot sun, however its great during the rains at night and all roads being dugup.

You car looks really cool with the cooling papers. Actually I started liking this color looking at your car pics. Cheers.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 18:34   #21
BHPian

cossack - do let me know if you get any specific information on Figo accessories being available on JC Road. I need to replace one of the front mud flap as well, it broke after hitting a bump. I guess dealers will sell full set only. Regarding insurance, yes, they offered me the same with drive assure plan but I opted for basic one only.

Sathya - Drive Assure gives you some extra protection against engine stalling due to driving in water etc. Plus it has the 24x7 road assist facility. I felt I can live without both these, so didn't opt for Drive Assure. I got mud flaps and mats for Rs 1150, boot mat was not available. Yes, the prices would be up now due to the increase in VAT in Karnataka. Though I got delivery on 5 Apr after the VAT increase was announced, Lathangi didn't charge extra for that as they could show the car in their stock before 31 March. ( My car arrived around that time, there was some delay in regitration due to the local elections going on and couple of holidays in 1st week of April). However, I had to pay the new road tax. ( about 5K extra )
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 22:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Thanks, I took the drive assurance - Which comes with depreciation gurantee plus water in engine coverage. Both are claimable only twice a year. I.e, no deprecision on parts like glass, bumpers etc etc.

I have paid around 1700+ for essentails and yet to get my boot mat. I got my car from Lathangi too.

One mistake I did was opt for RE 70 papers, atleast RE 50 would have been better. with RE 70 its still bad in hot sun, however its great during the rains at night and all roads being dugup.

You car looks really cool with the cooling papers. Actually I started liking this color looking at your car pics. Cheers.
I hope we do not have to claim that "water in engine" things though .

Yes, the sun films are a must in today's Bengaluru sun, however, the lighter shades are always better suited to night driving (I rely too heavily on the three RVMs and hence it's imperative that they conform).

Thanks for the car picture comments, I'm now planning to take some shots while on a trip somewhere outside Bengaluru :-)

Do you think it'll be a good idea to film the front glass as well, I'm feeling that it'll reduce the AC effort too, any suggestions?

Quote:
cossack - do let me know if you get any specific information on Figo accessories being available on JC Road. I need to replace one of the front mud flap as well, it broke after hitting a bump. I guess dealers will sell full set only. Regarding insurance, yes, they offered me the same with drive assure plan but I opted for basic one only.

Sathya - Drive Assure gives you some extra protection against engine stalling due to driving in water etc. Plus it has the 24x7 road assist facility. I felt I can live without both these, so didn't opt for Drive Assure. I got mud flaps and mats for Rs 1150, boot mat was not available. Yes, the prices would be up now due to the increase in VAT in Karnataka. Though I got delivery on 5 Apr after the VAT increase was announced, Lathangi didn't charge extra for that as they could show the car in their stock before 31 March. ( My car arrived around that time, there was some delay in regitration due to the local elections going on and couple of holidays in 1st week of April). However, I had to pay the new road tax. ( about 5K extra )
I'll definitely PM you once I have some information in this regard, I myself want to pay a visit to the shop in question.

And I so envy you for being lucky in escaping the VAT at least on excise, it would have covered your fog lamp cost I reckon.

Regarding insurance, I think if the driving is majority city only then plain insurance should do the job, however, I'm still blank on the prospects of increased premium when someone wants to take it afresh in the next year (i.e. wants to start the drive-assure coverage from second year on), if that's unaffected based on first year's car history then I'd suggest you take it the moment your off city limit voyages increase. Happy motoring. :-)
Old 22nd May 2010, 23:45   #23
BHPian

Congratulations, Cossack.

Keeping writing more of your cool rides on the Figo!
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 02:42   #24
BHPian

congrats cossack, and now I know why you empathize with the "3 bookings and 2 cancellations". Good choice and ya, wish you super speedy recovery and get behind the wheel soon.
deevilslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 14:33   #25
BHPian

Just heard from Lathangi guys that Ford is planning to hike the prices on the Figo by about 3% (on ex-showroom prices), with effect from 1st of June 2010. I'm trying my best to haggle around and convince them to deliver the car before 31st May to avoid the impending price increase. Any suggestions on how to avoid this folks? I have booked my car on 16th of May and I have even told the sales consultant that I'm ready to pay the full amount if they are able to give me 'price protection' of any sort. They are saying that they are expecting the next lot of cars during this week (hopefully!) or in the first week of June (sigh!). Just keeping my fingers crossed as of now....
Old 24th May 2010, 19:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Congratulations, Cossack.

Keeping writing more of your cool rides on the Figo!
Thanks Indizen010, I would... as soon as I'm properly allowed to be behind the steering wheel :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevilslair View Post
congrats cossack, and now I know why you empathize with the "3 bookings and 2 cancellations". Good choice and ya, wish you super speedy recovery and get behind the wheel soon.
Many thanks deevilslair, I went to my office today to test my office readiness and found that one of my colleagues has just taken the delivery of Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium (Colorado Rad) from Metro Ford; he was all smiles and so were the other folks who took the test drive (one owns a Punto MJD, he confirmed that the ride is quieter and peppier in Figo, though he was not happy with the GC and he managed to kiss a lot of humps with 3+1 on the Sarjapura stretch. And the other who owns an i20 Magna confirmed that the Engine is way too refined to be noticed as a Diesel from inside of the car, this I took with a pinch of salt but I'd concur with him that the engine sure is good :-) ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya79 View Post
Just heard from Lathangi guys that Ford is planning to hike the prices on the Figo by about 3% (on ex-showroom prices), with effect from 1st of June 2010. I'm trying my best to haggle around and convince them to deliver the car before 31st May to avoid the impending price increase. Any suggestions on how to avoid this folks? I have booked my car on 16th of May and I have even told the sales consultant that I'm ready to pay the full amount if they are able to give me 'price protection' of any sort. They are saying that they are expecting the next lot of cars during this week (hopefully!) or in the first week of June (sigh!). Just keeping my fingers crossed as of now....
That's a terrible news sathya79, 3% hike in ex-showroom would be a solid dampener in B'lore considering the KA registration and LT-Road tax thing. I think even of you pay up all the amount - unless your car is 'billed' by Ford prior to the date in question - you won't get any benefit. The dealer can offer you some freebies from his own side to counter this hike and that's a different story.

If you're not very particular about a colour then I'd suggest you may try getting another booked-then-canceled car. I think cash-down is always a more lucrative option (though I don't know whether it's ethical for the dealer to let some jump the queue :-) and whether they follow it.)

I'm saying this because the other day I saw one lady trying to get the Lathangi guys into some sort of an early delivery commitment (3-4 days span) based on ready cash, and I could see it kind of working too.

All the best!

~

Last edited by cossack : 24th May 2010 at 19:13. Reason: Elaborated on some points for better picture
Old 24th May 2010, 21:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossack View Post
That's a terrible news sathya79, 3% hike in ex-showroom would be a solid dampener in B'lore considering the KA registration and LT-Road tax thing. I think even of you pay up all the amount - unless your car is 'billed' by Ford prior to the date in question - you won't get any benefit. The dealer can offer you some freebies from his own side to counter this hike and that's a different story.

If you're not very particular about a colour then I'd suggest you may try getting another booked-then-canceled car. I think cash-down is always a more lucrative option (though I don't know whether it's ethical for the dealer to let some jump the queue :-) and whether they follow it.)

I'm saying this because the other day I saw one lady trying to get the Lathangi guys into some sort of an early delivery commitment (3-4 days span) based on ready cash, and I could see it kind of working too.

All the best!

~
Thanks Cossack. I have spoken to them about this. They are yet to get back to me with their response. Another interesting fact is when I contacted Metro Ford guys about the impending price hike, they denied it completely. But Lathangi's GM confirmed to me that it is indeed going to increase and that they have no idea as to why Metro Ford is clueless about it. Not sure why there is so much disparity between these two dealerships in Bangalore. All said and done, 25K of price increase on the Figo in Bangalore would be a real dampener. Ford is becoming complacent and greedy rather too early and they want to encash on the overwhelming response that they have received so far on their Figos. But I guess it would be a very unwise move to hike the price now since it would somewhat dilute the 'VFM' position that Figo is currently enjoying over chief competitors like Swift/Ritz. Increase in excess of 25K (on road price in Bangalore) would open doors for other options like Punto MJD, i20, Polo etc. for the potential customer. Ford should have waited for another month or two before thinking of hiking the price on the Figo.

Mustang, if you are reading this, can you pls. confirm to us whether Ford is indeed planning to hike the Figo's prices from 1st of June??
Old 25th May 2010, 14:45   #28
BHPian

Hyundai i10 is bringing their diesel car too - so maybe Ford is trying to mop up sales and hike margins before it comes. Then they can up Hyundai by bringing a different car.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 23:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya79 View Post
... when I contacted Metro Ford guys about the impending price hike, they denied it completely. But Lathangi's GM confirmed to me that it is indeed going to increase and that they have no idea as to why Metro Ford is clueless about it. Not sure why there is so much disparity between these two dealerships in Bangalore. All said and done, 25K of price increase on the Figo in Bangalore would be a real dampener. Ford is becoming complacent and greedy rather too early and they want to encash on the overwhelming response that they have received so far on their Figos. But I guess it would be a very unwise move to hike the price now since it would somewhat dilute the 'VFM' position that Figo is currently enjoying over chief competitors like Swift/Ritz. Increase in excess of 25K (on road price in Bangalore) would open doors for other options like Punto MJD, i20, Polo etc. for the potential customer. Ford should have waited for another month or two before thinking of hiking the price on the Figo.
This unconfirmed (as yet) news has the potential to do more harm than good to Ford's market position, they simply can't afford to be seen as perennial losers trust me; as I see, there are already many people raising eyebrows over frail bumpers, lower than expected FE and what not.

If Ford strategists think that they have conquered this segment just by getting the initial response, they're terribly mistaken, they have a long long way to go to even consider an inch of the hatch ground taken.

IMO Ford Figo is feeding a lot on long wait for Swift and suspicious pricing of Polo A.S.Support, quirky design of Beat, and other factors. The moment Maruti ramps up its production and Polo clears the doubts, they'll have a tough nut at hand.

An aside:
There's another very strange thing that I saw when I visited Lathangi last time, and it was the set of newly printed envelopes with HM and Mitsubishi logos against 'Lathangi Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. [FLAGSHIP DEALER]' writ large, no signs of Lathangi Ford envelopes, I don't know what's happening there... Are Cauvery Ford guys returning? Is Lathangi going to Mitsubishi? Or are they trying to finish off the stock envelopes from past years (how come they were so new? I have one with me right now) only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Hyundai i10 is bringing their diesel car too - so maybe Ford is trying to mop up sales and hike margins before it comes. Then they can up Hyundai by bringing a different car.
They (Hyundai) shouldn't commit this mistake, already i10 is a segment leader in Petrol with fantastic mileage and VFM prop., besides, the moment i10 diesel is out, i10 Petrol would take a big hit (looming Petrol & Diesel price hikes in the coming months) and i20 petrol (1.2) will be doomed even more.

Ford, at the other hand should concentrate on breaking even with the investment they've made by consolidating on the sales numbers of Figo rather than jumping the guns.

But we never know, a Korean motor Co., a rival and overly proud American manufacturer and an Indian buyer can pull off any trick.

~
Old 26th May 2010, 17:18   #30
BHPian

Completely agree with you Cossack. Ford would be doomed if they begin to think they have already conquered the hatchback market. Hope better sense prevails....