Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 13:12   #31
BHPian
 
cossack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 0 Times
Default FE update

Adding to the original post:

The DTE readings when I did a tankful at Shell was 561 KM (roughly 12.47 KMPL), came back home (around 7 KM, i.e. 3/4 to 1 Ltr Diesel spent, didn't take down the DTE reading then).

Later on I went on a long drive on the ORR-Hebbal-NandiHill stretch, majority of the time I tried keeping the vehicle in the speed range of roughly 80 - 100 and occasional bursts of 120+ too, 50% times in the fifth, quite a lot of breaking and downshifts for a highway drive with 100% AC (I take the original projected average of 12.47 and add 2 KM for the highway ride, distance traveled 98 KM [tripmeter] -> roughly 7 litre Diesel spent by the moving average of the last three drive sessions). The new DTE reading is at 632!

Now that means at this drive quality I'll be getting around (632/37) 18.03 KMPL... That's a jump from the estimated 14.47.

Some more correction needed for the precise average calculation - Actual Diesel spent on this trip would have to be corrected by the difference for this trip (18.03 - 14.47) the diesel to be added to the new moving average denominator would be around 1.5 litres.

The final projected average - 632/38.37 = 16.47 KMPL on the highway with 100% AC on and I think this can be improved with the knowledge and practice of correct gear-shift and optimal speed/rev combine (I'm driving my first Diesel in life and I feel that I'm a pathetic Diesel driver, need to learn a lot and need to reduce my half clutch driving habits borrowed from WagonR).

The big question is, is Bangalore traffic so bad that the average drops by a good 4 KMs? Going by this experience, I think it is...

This weekend I'm planning to repeat this same experiment with another stretch, may be the Mysore road and do further correction to this computation.

~
cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 12:32   #32
BHPian
 
manishverma0675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Congrats on your new beauty.I myself am looking to buy a ford figo and your review has helped me make the decision.Going to book a Titanium TDCI Red today
manishverma0675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 00:52   #33
BHPian
 
cossack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishverma0675 View Post
Congrats on your new beauty.I myself am looking to buy a ford figo and your review has helped me make the decision.Going to book a Titanium TDCI Red today
Glad that it was of help to you manishverma0675, it's a good choice you're making... Have a wonderful experience starting from booking through to delivery for your Red Titanium TDCi. Just keep in mind all the best practices while booking and taking delivery of new vehicle (a.k.a TBHP check-list) and have fun

~
cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 12:31   #34
Newbie
 
cmiuc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

I booked ford figo in Lathangi Ford, Baneerghatta Road , Bangaloreand again your review was good to make my choice . booked a Titanium TDCI sea grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossack View Post
Adding to the original post:

The DTE readings when I did a tankful at Shell was 561 KM (roughly 12.47 KMPL), came back home (around 7 KM, i.e. 3/4 to 1 Ltr Diesel spent, didn't take down the DTE reading then).

Later on I went on a long drive on the ORR-Hebbal-NandiHill stretch, majority of the time I tried keeping the vehicle in the speed range of roughly 80 - 100 and occasional bursts of 120+ too, 50% times in the fifth, quite a lot of breaking and downshifts for a highway drive with 100% AC (I take the original projected average of 12.47 and add 2 KM for the highway ride, distance traveled 98 KM [tripmeter] -> roughly 7 litre Diesel spent by the moving average of the last three drive sessions). The new DTE reading is at 632!

Now that means at this drive quality I'll be getting around (632/37) 18.03 KMPL... That's a jump from the estimated 14.47.

Some more correction needed for the precise average calculation - Actual Diesel spent on this trip would have to be corrected by the difference for this trip (18.03 - 14.47) the diesel to be added to the new moving average denominator would be around 1.5 litres.

The final projected average - 632/38.37 = 16.47 KMPL on the highway with 100% AC on and I think this can be improved with the knowledge and practice of correct gear-shift and optimal speed/rev combine (I'm driving my first Diesel in life and I feel that I'm a pathetic Diesel driver, need to learn a lot and need to reduce my half clutch driving habits borrowed from WagonR).

The big question is, is Bangalore traffic so bad that the average drops by a good 4 KMs? Going by this experience, I think it is...

This weekend I'm planning to repeat this same experiment with another stretch, may be the Mysore road and do further correction to this computation.

~
cmiuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 15:05   #35
Newbie
 
cmiuc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

wanted to know if dead pedal is really missed on highways and also let me know if you can get an aftermarket deal pedal in bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossack View Post
Adding to the original post:

The DTE readings when I did a tankful at Shell was 561 KM (roughly 12.47 KMPL), came back home (around 7 KM, i.e. 3/4 to 1 Ltr Diesel spent, didn't take down the DTE reading then).

Later on I went on a long drive on the ORR-Hebbal-NandiHill stretch, majority of the time I tried keeping the vehicle in the speed range of roughly 80 - 100 and occasional bursts of 120+ too, 50% times in the fifth, quite a lot of breaking and downshifts for a highway drive with 100% AC (I take the original projected average of 12.47 and add 2 KM for the highway ride, distance traveled 98 KM [tripmeter] -> roughly 7 litre Diesel spent by the moving average of the last three drive sessions). The new DTE reading is at 632!

Now that means at this drive quality I'll be getting around (632/37) 18.03 KMPL... That's a jump from the estimated 14.47.

Some more correction needed for the precise average calculation - Actual Diesel spent on this trip would have to be corrected by the difference for this trip (18.03 - 14.47) the diesel to be added to the new moving average denominator would be around 1.5 litres.

The final projected average - 632/38.37 = 16.47 KMPL on the highway with 100% AC on and I think this can be improved with the knowledge and practice of correct gear-shift and optimal speed/rev combine (I'm driving my first Diesel in life and I feel that I'm a pathetic Diesel driver, need to learn a lot and need to reduce my half clutch driving habits borrowed from WagonR).

The big question is, is Bangalore traffic so bad that the average drops by a good 4 KMs? Going by this experience, I think it is...

This weekend I'm planning to repeat this same experiment with another stretch, may be the Mysore road and do further correction to this computation.

~
cmiuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 16:24   #36
BHPian
 
cossack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiuc View Post
I booked ford figo in Lathangi Ford, Baneerghatta Road , Bangaloreand again your review was good to make my choice . booked a Titanium TDCI sea grey
Thanks and Congratulations on your choice, I really like this colour on Figo and I think you'd love it too, have a happy experience. :-) Welcome to the Sea Grey Titanium TDCi club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiuc View Post
wanted to know if dead pedal is really missed on highways and also let me know if you can get an aftermarket deal pedal in bangalore.
Dead pedal will be missed on the stretches where you can not afford to take your foot off the clutch for more than half an hour... On the longer and sparse stretches I found that taking the foot off the clutch does the trick (how much confidence one has in his own reaction time also factors in).

I'd cite an example here, roughly an year and a half back I drove my dad's WagonR from Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Varanasi-Delhi, we were two drivers (myself and my younger brother) and we didn't find the missing dead pedal to be a 'big' concern; however, we both felt that if it were present, the experience would have been more relaxing. We used to take breaks and seat exchange every 300 KMs.

Regarding the market fitting of dead pedal, well, I do not think there's enough space left in the well, but even if it's possible, have it confirmed from the showroom guys whether, it'll violate the warranty, and in the favourable case, try getting it done at the authorised service centre/ showroom itself. Enjoy the rides.

~
cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 20:00   #37
BHPian
 
cossack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 0 Times
Default 1771 KM and first FREE service experience update

Finally, I took my vehicle to service station praying for the best. Before I post the experience, here's what I've noticed/faced as problems in my vehicle.

1 - There's a very frail (but noticeable nevertheless) rattle coming out of the passenger airbag unit when the engine rev is below 1500 or above 2500 RPM and it goes away for some time when someone puts their palm on it lightly
2 - The fog lamps stopped working one night and never recovered
3 - The ground clearance issue -- when we're 5 passengers with luggage in the boot -- I hear that Punto and Polo don't have this particular problem
4 - Small issue like the rear parking sensors hanging out like an eyesore underneath the bumper
5 - First gear sometimes refused to engage, had to make extra effort to that end

I got a prompt call from Lathangi to remind me of the due date and I fixed an appointment for the very next day at 9:30 O'clock. Reached there and was very surprised to see a lot of folks with their vehicles getting registered already (mind you it was a week-day and imagining the scene on a weekend kind of scares me to hilt).

Anyway, I got to see the guy (Benjamin) who was going to take the vehicle under his supervision at 9:50 AM and the process of noting down and estimation of costs got over within next 10 minutes, I opted for the under-body coating as well.

I was promised the delivery time of 4 O'clock ('sir, I'll give you a call at before 4 and then you can come and collect your vehicle') which never came, and I at 3:30 PM -- staying 10 KM adrift from Bannerghatta road -- decided to reach the centre instead. Reached there at around 4:05 PM and was startled to find that the underbody coating wasn't even done, fog lamps were being tended to and was told that it may take another 1.5 hours for the vehicle to be ready.

I was taken to the service bay to have a look at the car being treated by 3M people, though the job they did was OK, I noticed that my car has become a variant of an OS rather than an automobile (the 'T' of TITANIUM was missing and it had become 'ITANIUM' ). So goes my first shocker of Ford service.

The SR assured me that he'll source the missing letter from the body shop within two days and fix it, but I'm kind of preparing myself to some more days like these.


I paid up total of INR 4305:

Engine Oil - 763.38
Gasket - 16.79
Wash Fuid Pouch - 51.62
Oil Filter - 318.20
Labour - 0.00

Under Chasis Coating - 2720.00

Now for the post service events:

1 - The vehicle delivery was delayed by more than 2 hours due to WIP
2 - When it came to billing, I had to wait for at least 35 minutes to pay up (I had only two people in from of me in the queue)
3 - The reverse parking sensor's wire still hangs out like a shabby tail and I reckon I'll have to tape it myself to get rid of it
4 - The rattle has reduced, but it's still there (may be I'm paying too much of attention to it)
5 - The Titanium ensemble now reads Itanium due to the service centre's attention to 'detail' :-) keeping my fingers crossed until the Benjamin keeps his word

The engine has become smoother, the NVH has reduced and the second gear has become more responsive (I don't know how much to it is due to the service/oil change/cleaning). The gear shift has become crisper and more reassuring, haven't faced any snag in this area.

I'm hoping I'll now start getting better FE numbers (as it stands, I'm getting around 13-14 in city - 100% AC - and 17-18 on highway).

~

PS: Mods, please change the title of this thread to "Figo TDCi - 1771 KM and first FREE service experience update"
cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 21:05   #38
BHPian
 
nsbhagwat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: IT City Pune
Posts: 213
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossack View Post
Wash Fuid Pouch - 51.62
Hey Cossack,

Surprised to read about the cost of washer fluid. What was the quantity added? My guess is not more than 50 to 100 ml. Had heard / read ford service is expensive. But 52 seems to be too high.

Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 12:07   #39
BHPian
 
cossack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Hey Cossack,

Surprised to read about the cost of washer fluid. What was the quantity added? My guess is not more than 50 to 100 ml. Had heard / read ford service is expensive. But 52 seems to be too high.

Nikhil
Point... I was so engrossed with the logo thing that I didn't realize the wash fluid's cost. 52 seems to be on the higher side, may be they had to refill the whole box.

This apart, I tried to get synthetic engine oil but they claimed it's not yet available with them (found strange though.)

Benjamin hasn't reverted with the status of missing 'T', so my fears are now starting to come true :-)

~
cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 12:24   #40
BHPian
 
cossack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Another update...

The vehicle is running much smoother. Noticed a scratch on the Instrument panel , but that's tolerable as long as my music system isn't tinkered with (thankfully next service is due not before 8 months.)

The gear shift has improved by at least a notch so it seems the service guys paid some attention to the issues I raised.

~
cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 15:16   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 412
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Any updates, howz the Car doing and the missing 'T'?, I missed your thread somehow.

I never felt any difference post first service, which was done at ~2300kms.

Now at 6.5K, The city milage is more consistent around 14+. The avg speed of daily commute is 10-15kmph. There are days it goes below 10kmph, makes me think B'lore may not be worth for all the money we get paid.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 16:06   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 171
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

My mileage figure with the Titanium diesel @ 2500 km before service is 12.88 in the city.
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 22:43   #43
BHPian
 
cossack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Any updates, howz the Car doing and the missing 'T'?, I missed your thread somehow.

I never felt any difference post first service, which was done at ~2300kms.

Now at 6.5K, The city milage is more consistent around 14+. The avg speed of daily commute is 10-15kmph. There are days it goes below 10kmph, makes me think B'lore may not be worth for all the money we get paid.
Was busy as hell with the upcoming product release, and anyway, there wasn't much to write home about either :-)

The 'T' is still missing, whenever I call up Benjamin (the service consultant), he either switches off the phone or never picks up. The sales representative, Rakshit, assured me after talking to the service manager that the vehicle will be picked up from my house and delivered back with everything in place... Now that was two weeks ago and I'm still waiting for that illusive call from 'Shashilatha' (or was it Kala). This after many gentle reminders to Rakshit, I don't know how much control or say does he enjoy there. So much for the 'renowned' Ford service and commitments

Noticed a tiny rattle coming from rear-left interior whenever the vehicle goes on uneven surface (even at 20KPH), and this started just after I picked up my vehicle from service centre. Have to take a day off from office to get these fixed I reckon. I'm now thinking of writing to Ford India and Lathangi management about my experience, though I'm not very optimistic about the outcome.

The mileage thing you've mentioned has a point, I wonder what could've gone wrong in the engine tuning for this particular model, but still I'm glad you've at least a consistent figure now. I'm kind of getting 15-17.5 all A.C (but the city drive is minuscule)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
My mileage figure with the Titanium diesel @ 2500 km before service is 12.88 in the city.
Your city mileage is more or less in line with the popular opinion, some have reported better figures but I think this is what almost everyone's getting. I think it'll improve once you start taking it outdoors :-)
cossack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Silver Ford EcoSport Titanium (O) TDCi. First delivered in India! ecosport rules Long-Term Ownership Reviews 506 26th September 2017 09:55
Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered aravinrd Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 93 2nd October 2013 13:49
The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered yajaman99 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 95 16th August 2010 15:09
Diamond White 1.4 ZXi Ford Figo delivered in 7 days flat Diesel lover Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 18 2nd April 2010 12:03
Quote for Spark PS - Pune (No Goodies) Ok? EDIT now booked LS and delivered idea1979 Hatchbacks 40 29th December 2009 22:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks