Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st June 2010, 09:56   #16
BHPian

I happened to drive Ritz for over 150 kms over the weekend. Figo is much more comfortable to drive and the AC is more effective also.
Ritz had run over 2500 kms mostly on highways and the FE is around 15 on highways. So Figo owners don't lose sleep over FE comparing with other cars
raju2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 10:36   #17
BHPian

This will be one excellent thread for would be petrol hatchback buyers with first hand comparision of two very eligible cars. Thanks raju2512.

Figo scores over the Ritz specifically in the interior space,ride-handling,build quality, and features but lags in a very crucial aspect atleast in the Indian market, FE. Hopefully this and A.S.S will improve with time.
Deep Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 11:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Driving experience / steering / stability
Figo 10, Ritz 8

Figo scores over Ritz here. The steering feel is just perfect and the car gives you extreme confidence. The visibility with the 2 small but very effective ORVM is just about perfect. Ritz has a lot of blind spots and despite the higher seating, the overall visibility is not good. The small rear glasses coupled with thick C pillars and rear head rest obstruct the rear view and reversing can be tricky.

Added advantage is that the bonnet is visible in Figo and quite useful when taking tight turns in crowded roads.
I'd say there's more difference than just two points here between the two. I drove Ritz and felt the steering is way too light and lacks feedback - so it's more video game like. Figo's steering should feel much much better and communicative like other Fords.

Quote:
Added advantage is that the bonnet is visible in Figo and quite useful when taking tight turns in crowded roads.
Very few cars have their bonnet visible from driving position. I've never felt the need to see the bonnet while taking tight turns - you can easily judge that once you get used to the car much.

Last edited by clevermax : 21st June 2010 at 11:05.
clevermax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 11:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I'd say there's more difference than just two points here between the two. I drove Ritz and felt the steering is way too light and lacks feedback - so it's more video game like. Figo's steering should feel much much better and communicative like other Fords.
You are right. I had posted after driving the cars for a few kms. Now after driving Figo for 1000 kms and Ritz for 150 kms, I feel that Figo is far better to drive and as you said Ritz's steering feed back is very poor particularly after 70 kmph
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:27   #20
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd June 2010 at 14:36.
anu_romil is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:43   #21
BHPian

I don't have the FE of Ritz in the city since it has not run much in the city. Figo right now gives around 10. I will confirm in a day or two
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:58   #22
BHPian

Thanks Raju

Eagerly awaiting the reports on Fuel efficiency as I need to decide between a ritz and figo as soon as possible.

Figo at 10 seems to be very low.Had almost decided on Figo today until I read your post!
anu_romil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 09:38   #23
BHPian

The last filling (full tank) gave 11.6 kmpl on 100% AC city drive. The FE seems to be slowly increasing.

@anu_romil: I feel Figo will settle around 12 -13 kmpl after first service. Ritz may probably give 13 -14 kmpl.

If you are interested in a having a good driving experience go for Figo. If mileage and A.S.S are the criteria go for Ritz.

Personally I am happy that I chose Figo
Old 27th June 2010, 11:12   #24
BHPian

My father-in-law has booked the FIGO 1.2 Zxi and is awaiting delivery next week.

FE of 12-13(in city with 100% AC on),if thats the case,is decent enough for Figo which is a lot heavier

I only hope its not around 10.5-11,then it would almost the same as my SX4
joy_swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 12:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your buy. The Figo is definitely a good car, but I find it a bit too cramped,as compared to the Ritz.

But the interior colours and layout of the Figo is quite refreshing.

By the way could not help notice your usage of the word "Maruthi"
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 13:51   #26
BHPian

Yesterday had a long high way run of 500 kms. Visited Sirkali and the route was Chennai - Tindivanam - Pondy - Cuddalore - Chidambaram - Sirkali and back by the same route

Filled up before leaving ( 13.85 lit for 147 km) and the FE was 10.62 on 100% ac city run. On the way back filled up at Melmaruvathur and the FE was 14.4 kmpl (28.28 lit for 407 kms).So the highway FE was more or less the same reported for Ritz.

I had noticed some interesting points while filling up.

Twice after filling up to auto cut off point, the needle was slightly below the full level. Yesterday I filled up after the needle reached the red zone and the DTE warning came up. I was expecting around 36-37 lits to fill up but the auto cut off was at 28.28 lits and needle sprang back to full level.

While the DTE is based on calculation, the needle should reflect the actual quantity of fuel left. The red mark is represents the last 1/6th (the gauge is divided 6 equal parts and each should represent 7.5 lits) of the reading and hence at that point it should require around 37 lits to fill up. But I had noticed that it requires much lesser petrol to fill up.

Is the needle showing the actual level or is it also controlled by the processors in the car. The DTE warning at 80 kms to go and the needle reaching the red mark level are happening around the same time. Given the FE of around 10, I have a feeling that the needle shows calculated fuel left and not the actual.
Old 29th June 2010, 20:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Twice after filling up to auto cut off point, the needle was slightly below the full level.
Even after filling to the brim, there have been occasions when my fuel guage needle shows a level below the full level and with certain fills, it goes right to the top.

The last fill, it was showing correctly.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 22:17   #28
BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Even after filling to the brim, there have been occasions when my fuel guage needle shows a level below the full level and with certain fills, it goes right to the top.

The last fill, it was showing correctly.
Mine goes above the FULL level!

May be parallax error. Most automobile gauges are built to correct this error when viewed from driver seat! Size(height) of driver will also play a role!
Sedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 09:36   #29
BHPian

No, it's not due to parallax error. I still feel the the gauge is not showing the actual level but moves in line with the DTE figures
Old 30th June 2010, 09:42   #30
BANNED

A nice review

I've stopped TD Maruti cars since last 3 years, they dont excite me anymore.

I need to TD the figo soon. I would put my money into it , if they give me an AUTO Transmission.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote