Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th June 2010, 00:12   #61
BHPian

Yes, probably I need to get a consistency on that. The first tank was auto cutoff. The second was brim. The third was autocutoff and a little more to round off the bill to 1500.

The Monsoon seem to have brought out a hell lot of squeaks in the car. It started with the trademark rt rear side, and then now I hear similar squeak on the lt rear side and today something in my dash left side I think. All of these appear on concrete roads. On the smooth tar roads, it is beautifully silent. Lot of squeak work at the first service!
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 02:13   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Yes, probably I need to get a consistency on that. The first tank was auto cutoff. The second was brim. The third was autocutoff and a little more to round off the bill to 1500.
I might be completely wrong, but I think there are some issues with filling to the brim. One thing that immediately comes to mind is that in hot weather the fuel expands (evaporates) and when filled to the brim, there can be leakage. Also, I think it might have an effect on paint as well.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 09:02   #63
BHPian

Hi, regarding FE, I think the AC may play a role. Figo's Compressor is around 150 cc where others cars in this class comes below 80cc. I got this from a review. Please correct if numbers are not correct.Drive safely.Goodluck
vsk2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 20:40   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like a very thirsty compressor.
Yes, it seriously looks like one too.

It surely is thirsty, but it really cools the cabin like anything. Just check out the plight of hyundai i20 customers.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ts-pg-4-a.html

We are far far better off in our Figo.

The sticker on the compressor reads -

HCC A/C compressor F 500 -

HALLA Climate Control Corp.

HS-15 Model: MD9AA-01

Made in Korea

There's something written in black as 154. Maybe the compressor cc rating.
Attached Thumbnails
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-100_43001.jpg  

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-100_4302.jpg  

Diesel lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 00:06   #65
BHPian

My old Alto's AC was quite a chiller. Figo also is doing quite good though.

@ Diesel lover, Thanks for the info and snaps. Ha! You let out Figo's Korean secret. Now Hyundai will have search its own backyard.
Old 9th July 2010, 11:43   #66
BHPian

Default First service and 4th Fuel update. part 1

Completed 2500kms.
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-635.jpg

Happy with the car so far except for the squeaks(I feel like calling it the squeak box). I keep comparing it to my previous car, Alto, though it is an unfair comparision. The particular things I liked compared to the Alto.

The build quality and finish is so much better, feels like a nice solid car.

Among the few cars I have driven, the handling is simply excellent. Sudden lane changes, small curves etc, the car is very composed. Very confidence inspiring.

Engine is more softer now(atleast the sound), the response to acceleration also is better. The torque is so much better compared to my old Alto. In 2nd and 3rd gear, just take the foot off the clutch, and she lunges forward.
However, would have preferred a better midrange, there really doesnt seem to be much beyond 3000rpm. Feels as if the turbo boost peters off fast. It felt more sustained in the Punto.

Interior(rear) and bootspace is very good particularly when compared to swift, though I would have liked a more spacious footwell with a dead pedal as well.The pockets/cup holders around the gearshift could have been a little deeper

Bluetooth is fantastic, really like it. Steering controls please, would have made dialing a lot easier.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 9th July 2010 at 11:46.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:04   #67
BHPian

Default part 2

Service experience :

The workshop is in Mangalore which is about 55-60kms from my place. Booked the previous day, reached there at 9am sharp. The car was ready by 3pm.
All the squeaks have disappeared. The squeak box has gone silent. I hope she remains so!. The right rear squeak was attributed to the rear seat lock or the break fluid cable-suspension area(Gemi's solution). They were aware of it. The left rear squeak was from the quarter glass which was refitted into the panel.(When I commented to the SA, that squeaks had become irritating, he said," Sir, in the company when they are doing things quickly, small things get overlooked" ).
Car was clean, all things were in place. After the service the car feels pretty much the same, may be the engine sound is a little softer.

The workshop location is deep inside the industrial area of Mangalore, a little inaccessible by buses or autos. Even for residents of Mangalore, I thought location would be very inconvenient. The service centres for Maruti/Fiat/Tata are all within city limits.Body shop/yard being in the industrial area is understandable, but service centre?
The SAs could be more knowledgeable about automobiles. Mine was previously working in a apparel showroom. When I asked him about raising the rpm to 3000 and holding for 30 secs once a week, he had no clue what I was talking about.
At Abharan motors, my Alto's service centre in Udupi, the SA was knowledgeable-must have undergone atleast ITI courses in auto engg- and i think he led a team of mechanics who will service the car under his directions. At Cauvery Ford, it did not feel so, the SA looked like a glorified receptionist.I may be wrong though.
Again, at Abharan, there were three feedbacks - one, on recieving the car, another to be sent by post in a months time and third, a phone call after about 2weeks-.At Cauvery ford, I did not get any feed back form.
I have no complaints with work done though, all well done.
Overall ambience and space is also better at the Abharan workshop.

The cost of the service was Rs 1313/-
Break up :
Wash fluid pouch - 51.62
Oil filter - 333.33
Engine oil(4ltrs) - 771.56
VAT-156.13
Labour was free

Got the boot mat atlast!
USB ports nowhere in sight.
Scuff plates were likely to come the next day ( Even the accessories man at the showroom was excited as he will be seeing it for the first time !)

Last edited by Deep Blue : 9th July 2010 at 12:12.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:08   #68
BHPian

Default Part 3 FE update

Filled her up after the service

Odo read - 626. She took in 37ltrs.That comes to 16.7km/ltr. A combo of 70% town and 30% highway. AC off may be 30-40% off the time. Rains have cooled down the place.

On filling up,DTE is up from the previous 712 to 757. That would mean 16.8km/l.
Old 9th July 2010, 14:12   #69
BHPian

just wondering what the scuff plates are and where is it located :-(
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 20:41   #70
BHPian

Photos of scuff plates.
The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-scuff-plate-1.jpg

The Blue oval cometh. My Ford Figo.-scuff-plate-2.jpg

Photos borrowed from RGK's thread. Here is the link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...go-club-3.html (Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club)
Old 30th July 2010, 23:15   #71
BHPian

Default 3500kms update

Some points at 3500kms
  • Engine still feels a little "tight" specially with AC on.
  • FE hovering at 17km/l, mainly town driving with AC on 70% of the time.
  • The left rear squeak has reappeared about a week after getting corrected in first service, though a little muted now.
  • Ground clearance is less, as I scrape the bottom more often than in my Alto. No issues though, all have been taken by the two horizontal bars below.
  • ORVMS not of much use in rains. Wonder how is it in other cars.
  • AC blower direction knob is little pain to operate between the different positions. It is tight and gives no indication(like a click)when it reaches the different positions. I have to take my eyes off the road to see the knob is in correct position. The sliding type knob in my old Alto was more convenient.
  • In the rainy season, frequently changing to defrost position requires me to look at the knob. I wish there was a dedicated defrost button like the rear demister.
  • Rear demister and wipers, a big boon in these heavy rains.
  • Whatever be the position of the knob,there is always airflow to the feet.Feet airflow was better in my Alto, drying my footwear faster.
  • Adjustable rear head restraints - nobody sitting in my rear seat till now have complained about the lack of it.
Some more things on the wish list
  • Electrically retractable ORVMs that also retract on locking the car
  • Rear power windows
  • Operating power windows from key fob
  • Steering mounted stereo controls

Last edited by Deep Blue : 30th July 2010 at 23:18.
Old 30th July 2010, 23:30   #72
BHPian

Hey Sandeep, regarding location of service centre, where exactly is it?did you have any difficulty getting transport from there after you gave your car for service?

Cauvery Ford guys still keep telling me they will do service in Udupi!!

Also i am surprised to hear about squeeks!!i plain hate them!!but i thought only Marutis had that(even my Ritz has started!!)
carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 23:33   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]The left rear squeak has reappeared about a week after getting corrected in first service, though a little muted now.[/list]
  • not a single squeak for me so far in my 1000 odd kms, touch wood.
  • Ground clearance is less, as I scrape the bottom more often than in my Alto. No issues though, all have been taken by the two horizontal bars below.
  • again no such issue so far!
  • ORVMS not of much use in rains. Wonder how is it in other cars.
  • agreed
  • AC blower direction knob is little pain to operate between the different positions. It is tight and gives no indication(like a click)when it reaches the different positions. I have to take my eyes off the road to see the knob is in correct position. The sliding type knob in my old Alto was more convenient.
  • agreed, it is not so user friendly :(
  • In the rainy season, frequently changing to defrost position requires me to look at the knob. I wish there was a dedicated defrost button like the rear demister.
  • there is another option for defrost apart from the dedicated one, this one sends air to the wind shield and cabin as well, did you check that out?
  • Rear demister and wipers, a big boon in these heavy rains.
  • you bet!

Some more things on the wish list
  • Operating power windows from key fob
[list]
how and why?
my comments in bold!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 00:39   #74
RDB

Hey Deep Blue, what do you feel about the ergonomics of inside door knobs in Figo? I found them to be a little awkward, especially when they get autolocked as the vehicle moves. i find it better on the Zen that i drive(old model). What are your views on this?
RDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 19:55   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Engine still feels a little "tight" specially with AC on.
I had that 'tight' feeling initially. But the car's AC is always on and so I do not feel that 'tightness' any more even with the AC.

Quote:
ORVMS not of much use in rains. Wonder how is it in other cars.
Not as bad as the Figo's, surprisingly!

Quote:
In the rainy season, frequently changing to defrost position requires me to look at the knob.
Even the regular AC mode should do!

Quote:
Whatever be the position of the knob,there is always airflow to the feet.
Should check that. Did not feel that there was an airflow like that.

Last edited by trrk : 31st July 2010 at 19:56.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote