Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
Old 30th May 2010, 12:22   #1
Default A Figo ownership report.

I guess it's time that i post a report of how my figo experience has been like till now. RIght now the ODO reads 2900 km.
Got the first service done at 2850 kms from MPL ford Velacheri Main Road. Also got a 3M underbody coating + teflon pain protection done
from the ford guys.

The total bill came to 9119

Got the car on May 5th from Kairali ford TVM. The dealer experience was very good possibly since we already had taken a fiesta from the same dealership. Drove it all the
way to Chennai since atleast for the next few months i am planning to use it here.

In one line the figo experience till now is 'So Far So Good'

Things i like about the car.
1.Response, Driveability, Refinement. Gearshift is very good for a diesel car in this segment.
2.Very Good FE of above 16 till now. Rather than tankful-tankful i prefer to see how many (185.180 + 5 at the dealership) liters have gone into
the car till now and what the odo says.The DTE says 184.My daily office commute is from Camp road junction to Mcity(Shols occasionally). On the weekends i might drive
to velacheri or saidapet.
3.Good Ergonomics and Good Space inside.Much better than chief competitors Swift or Punto.
4.Handling, Ride quality is very good. Big car feel and confidence to go at 120-140 easily on the expressways.
5.ABS works.
7.Extra Good AC.
8.Spacious Boot.

Things that i can live with.
1.Not as free revving as i would have liked. fortunately i am used to the TDCI since i already have a fiesta. I try to make use of the
torque and upshift around 2k RPM always in the city. I try to exceed 2k only on the 5th gear. 2k@5th gear is around 80-90 km on the speedo.
2.Service costs.I have a feeling that the bills for me was on the higher side especially for the underbody coating/Teflon Paintprotection.
3.Not very sure about the bumpers and the positioning of the radiator.My personal opinion is that a bigger bumper would not make much of difference in case of small or
big collisions but no way to be sure. I am extra careful when i drive in chennai.
4.Back Headrests absent.I am planning to get it fixed if possible because that's my old complaint about the backseat. It's very comfortable
5.Refinement on the figo is not as good as on the TDCI fiesta.
6.THe information display shows only one of the 3. DTE or ODO or TRIP. The fiesta shows all 3.
7.The interior quality or the console is not as good as the fiesta.
8.Ground Clearance. I scrape more on the figo than on the fiesta, swift, santro, palio, octavia, verna etc which are the other cars with which
i have some experience.
9.Number Plate creaking issue. The service guys put some thermocol between the plates and the body and it seems good so far. So it's no longer
an issue.
10.New Car feel missing.I had thought that buying a car which is just 2 months into the market would give me some kind of exclusivity.But there
are already 2 figos on my street not counting mine. My office parking lot already has atleast 4 figos and there are so many on the roads. I feel
as if i brought a car which has been around atleast a year. Guess it's better than the car being a sales failure .

Overall the car has been a pleasure so far to own and i think i have made the right decision.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 30th May 2010 at 12:25. Reason: Wanted to add some more information
Old 30th May 2010, 12:56   #2

Congrats on your new acquisition. Can you post some pictures of your car and ofcourse the FE figures that you might have got with your Figo.
Old 30th May 2010, 13:23   #3

I don't have a camera right now. So will be sometime before i post pics. I have posted the FE in the initial post.
Old 30th May 2010, 14:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

congrats. would look forward for the pics
Old 30th May 2010, 15:33   #5

Congrats Vishnu. What color is your figo?
Old 30th May 2010, 15:35   #6

Diamond White is the color
Old 30th May 2010, 15:37   #7
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread