Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st May 2010, 14:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congrats @narain for the Fiesta, could not figure out the variant of the LE.
Lots have been already said about the vehicle and I would not want to repeat them but one thing for sure is you would want to vroooooooom.
Did Shreeji Ford get the vehicle to your office in Kurla for TD? How was your buying experience with them?
We need more pics of the beast.
The shreeji Ford gave me a test ride at Thane. But i never bought it from Shreeji..Got a better deal from Wasan Chembur and hence with them. Through with the first service too and have never been given a cause for complaint till now. Very professional dealings.
nairanupg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 14:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Hey, why's everyone addressing Mr.Anup Nair as "narain"??? Is it because he's got a steed personally vouched for by Mr. Narain Karthikeyan???!!

Its "NAIR" buddies.. maybe me being a mallu helped decipher his handle.

Hey Anup - congrats on your beast. Have fun. You had to post this awesome fiesta review just when i've almost made up my mind on manza safire 1.4. Now its back to square 1.

And iam feeling extremely jealous of you for the fab OTR price you got for the 1.6. We can't dream of such mouth-watering offers here down south.
The Manza is a good ride too mate.. But its more for the chauffer driven crowd me thinks.
For sheer driving dynamics i would recommend the Fiesta 1.6 any day.
But hey; the Manza has better fuel economy
I could have bought the Manza and Dad would have not yelled at me for buying a car which sweats a litre of petrol every 9 steps.
Old 31st May 2010, 14:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. I guess you are the second Nair on this forum with a Fiesta 1.6.

Wait until you complete some 4K odd kms and change the oil. It becomes even more smoother and more revv happy.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 14:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Congratulations, Anup! and a well narrated report, too!

I will very soon be facing a decision on upgrading my Ikon to Fiesta, so would like to know (1) what variant is this - ZXI, or SXI? (2) What factors influenced your decision for this variant?

Look forward to some more photos.

Happy Fiesta!
Damu
This is the limited edition without the ABS. I think its called the EXI limited edition.
The major influencer for me was that i needed a drivers car. Infact i had almost finalised on the Vista quadrajet before i went for this. i am 6'1 and well built too. So Space was an issue. All the other cars in the budget were hence ruled out. But the Vista didnt pull at the heart strings. The only Ford i had driven before was the Ikon 1.6 eons back and i really loved it then. Besides at this price it is a steal. I get height adjustable steering and seats and music systems etc factory fitted. besides Wasan Ford was willing to give me Spoilers, Tints and remote lock free.
The only vital piece missing is ABS. Guess you cant have it all
Old 31st May 2010, 15:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Congrats. I guess you are the second Nair on this forum with a Fiesta 1.6.

Wait until you complete some 4K odd kms and change the oil. It becomes even more smoother and more revv happy.
Thanks Gilead..
I have touched 5000kms in a months time and through with the first service on the 29th. Asked the service centre to change the engine oil as per teambhp advice but the adviser wasnt very encouraging; he asked me to wait until 10k.
Do you think i should get it done from outside ???
Old 31st May 2010, 15:32   #21
BHPian

Enjoyable narration and congrats on the car Anup.
Being 6'2'' myself, I would be interested in the legroom and thigh support.
Do keep us regularly posted on the ownership experience.

cheers
ZedMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedMae View Post
Enjoyable narration and congrats on the car Anup.
Being 6'2'' myself, I would be interested in the legroom and thigh support.
Do keep us regularly posted on the ownership experience.

cheers
The Leg room is more than adequate but i could do with a little more thigh support.
Also me thinks the stock seats could have been better. i am really sore in my lower back after driving for a couple of hours non stop. Can anyone help me out with that ???
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:07   #23
BHPian

Anup, congrats! Seems like you are the fastest to 5000Km among Fiestians...I would like to believe I was the one till now post Chennai-Kolkata-Chennai solo drive within some 40 days of ownership.

Why bother with rubber change post 4K...let it run its life and then upgrade. Apart from the noise at >100 speeds, I do not find any issues at all with grip, stability etc.

Is that FE of 11-12 in city or city+highway? It will be nothing short of a miracle if you are getting upto 12 in city!!

Engine oil change at 5K may be a bit of a overkill..you can get it changed during 2nd service/10K.

Last edited by sanjayc : 2nd June 2010 at 15:09.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
I have touched 5000kms in a months time and through with the first service on the 29th.
Congratulations !! Another proud owner of the fiesta beauty ! And I dont know any other fiesta covering that ODO in a month's time, so do you keep a target of 60k within an year ?

Quote:
i am really sore in my lower back after driving for a couple of hours non stop.
Limited edition came with an art-leather seat ? That could be the culprit. Otherwise lower the seat height and give some gap there for free air movement.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 07:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Also me thinks the stock seats could have been better. i am really sore in my lower back after driving for a couple of hours non stop. Can anyone help me out with that ???
Hi Anup,

I also have lower back pain, and I get this in all the cars I've owned : Esteem, Accent and Ikon. The Ikon is by far the best seat, and I'm sure the Fiesta is just as good.

A few simple solutions have worked well for me -

1) a small, flat cushion placed to the small of the back (small means small - should be as large as a large handkerchief and just an inch thick. My wife got these made by a upholsterer who did our sofas).
2) a hand or face towel rolled up or folded into a pad and placed as above. You can keep adjusting as needed.

But before that, try various angles for the seat back. Personally the best position for me is upright although most people prefer a slanting back. For me upright is the best.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Damu
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Wink

Quote:
The shreeji Ford gave me a test ride at Thane. But i never bought it from Shreeji..Got a better deal from Wasan Chembur and hence with them. Through with the first service too and have never been given a cause for complaint till now. Very professional dealings.
Anup,
Wasan Ford as you said are truly professional and I have experienced it myself when I brought my Fiesta from them when they were located in Thane. When U say a better deal does it mean a hefty discount or accessories? Can you clarify.

Quote:
Thanks Gilead..
I have touched 5000kms in a months time and through with the first service on the 29th. Asked the service centre to change the engine oil as per teambhp advice but the adviser wasnt very encouraging; he asked me to wait until 10k.
Do you think i should get it done from outside ???
Thats the fastest 5K run on the Fiesta, how did u manage to get so much time to drive around. I had got the engine oil changed during the second service as per Ford's recommendation. Better leave it to the proffessionals to take care of the same.
ghodlur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:10   #27
BHPian

"[A few simple solutions have worked well for me -

1) a small, flat cushion placed to the small of the back (small means small - should be as large as a large handkerchief and just an inch thick. My wife got these made by a upholsterer who did our sofas).
2) a hand or face towel rolled up or folded into a pad and placed as above. You can keep adjusting as needed.

But before that, try various angles for the seat back. Personally the best position for me is upright although most people prefer a slanting back. For me upright is the best.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Damu[/quote]

Thanks Damu; i have already tried all the positions. Adjusted the height of the seat; the angle on the back rest and the permutations and combinations involved.
But the towel trick looks interesting...lemme try that. and the pillow too.
Thanks a ton

Last edited by nairanupg : 3rd June 2010 at 14:15.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Anup,
Wasan Ford as you said are truly professional and I have experienced it myself when I brought my Fiesta from them when they were located in Thane. When U say a better deal does it mean a hefty discount or accessories? Can you clarify.

Thats the fastest 5K run on the Fiesta, how did u manage to get so much time to drive around. I had got the engine oil changed during the second service as per Ford's recommendation. Better leave it to the proffessionals to take care of the same.
Well, i just wanted to drive around and the gods smiled.
A couple of friends decided to get married. Had work in Baroda and the parents decided they wanted to see me in Ahmedabad. Viola 5k before i can say vrrrrooooommmm..
Old 6th June 2010, 14:08   #29
BHPian

Hey Mates; back from a drive Mumbai-Baroda-Mumbai, actually just for the fun of it gunned the engine on the Ahmedabad-Baroda express way. Touched Ahmedabad and back again. Needless to say an awesome feel; with the windows all open and the wind in your hair. It handled like a dream and toped 160 without any apparent strain. You beauty !!!
The A.C when i use it is an absolute chiller even when it is at its lowest, and the third gear is an absolute revelation.
The beast is game for anything between 30 and 80 on gear three.
But again the same grouse.
Lower back pain, real stiff after an hours drive :(
Tried the remedy Damu offered. But it isnt a big help.
Tried all permutations and combinations on the seat height and back rest too.
The one thing that is holding back on an absolute dream of a driving experience.
Can somebody help me out here please.
Would retrofitting a new drivers seat help ???
I am at my wits end here.

Last edited by nairanupg : 6th June 2010 at 14:12.
Old 6th June 2010, 14:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Mates;...It handled like a dream and toped 160 without any apparent strain. You beauty !!!...

Lower back pain, real stiff after an hours drive :(
Tried the remedy Damu offered. But it isnt a big help.
...Would retrofitting a new drivers seat help ???
I am at my wits end here.
Nice to read about the drive Anup! Though I don't own a Fiesta I can relate this with the Ikon.

For your back, I'm really surprised - generally Ford seats are very good. Maybe because of your unusual height?

Try this link, I think this maybe of help:

Orthopaedic Products on OrthopaedicIndia.com

Let me know if you go in for it.

Regards,
Damu
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote