Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th June 2011, 16:36   #106
BHPian

Default Re: High 1st year service bill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I had a relative's driver get the service done since I was out of town, and to my surprise, I found a bill for Rs. 11.100 when I got back from Out of town.

I got the feeling the dealership threw in a few unnecessary extra check-ups etc. which were never really required! The car was running quite smooth etc after the service, so they no doubt seem to have done a good job, but at what cost? Also, the engine seems to have been de-tuned a bit, the pick up in 2nd gear is definitely lower.
The charges are completely over the top. Why did they charge you for brake check up if they have already charged you first service charge? You should ask them what do they include in first service cost as they have even charged you for washing and diagnostic check.

Talk to the service advisor and give him a piece of your mind. Share all the costs incurred by other users with him and ask him to refund extra costs.
GearOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 17:16   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline

ok, but it would still be just a sales thing, an inducement to buy that make, and factored into their margins. Probably most companies trying to project themselves as "premium" would avoid that kind of marketing.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 18:38   #108
Senior - BHPian

@84 Monsoon,thats a Hefty bill.
Did you check regarding any warranty issues with after market alloys and ICE?
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 04:49   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587
@84 Monsoon,thats a Hefty bill.
Did you check regarding any warranty issues with after market alloys and ICE?
Akshay, Luckily, so far I have not had major warranty issues in the 14 months of ownership. Technically the answer to the question will be " yes, your warranty will be void if you make modifications" if you directly ask the dealership.

But from what I have experienced with some previous cars and informal conversations with people at the dealership the way it seems to work is - if the warranty complaint is in the same area, e.g. complaint of tire wear in a car which has tires and wheels modified, or complaint of electrical issues like battery not retaining charge in car that has wiring modifications, then the dealership may raise objections to cover the issue under warranty citing modifications. But generally, they do not extend this argument to unrelated issues. It is important to ensure the original wiring is not cut while installing the ICE, using couplers instead.
84.monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 23:06   #110
BHPian

Hi All POLO Trendline owners,
I am planning to buy one within next few days, I was going thru the comparison on Carwale. Features Comparison - Volkswagen Polo Trendline 1.2L (D) vs Volkswagen Polo Comfortline 1.2L (D) - CarWale=

It does not mentione about the Tyre Type, Can any one confirm if it is Tubeless or no?
Also apart from the following feature is there something that I wont get in Trendline.
  1. Body coloured handle & mirror.
  2. 60:40 Split rear seat
  3. Remote lock on key
  4. rear power window
  5. driver seat height adjustable
  6. electronic outside mirror adjustment
  7. Front fog
Also I have only seen 1 post which mentiones about the poor quality of Rubber gasket getting cracked on the doors. Has anyone else had the same problem.
krdeshmukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 20:01   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdeshmukh View Post
Hi All POLO Trendline owners,

Also apart from the following feature is there something that I wont get in Trendline.
  1. Body coloured handle & mirror.
  2. 60:40 Split rear seat
  3. Remote lock on key
  4. rear power window
  5. driver seat height adjustable
  6. electronic outside mirror adjustment
  7. Front fog
Also I have only seen 1 post which mentiones about the poor quality of Rubber gasket getting cracked on the doors. Has anyone else had the same problem.
@krdeshmukh ,
In comfortline , you will not get electronic outside mirror adjustment and front fog lamps .
I feel among the polo the trendline trim is the most value for money . Comfortline features are quite not worth for the extra 55 k you spend . Else you should go for the highline .
Just my thoughts
rejoycjohn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 14:34   #112
BHPian

Hi,
Thanks for your inputs, I booked the POLO Trendline.
Ex showroom 547463/-

I will soon post my ownership reviews.

Rgds
KD
Old 2nd April 2012, 15:43   #113
BHPian

Hello all,

I took delivery of my Polo TDI - Trendline yesterday. I will soon write up an initial ownership review.

However I found something worrisome. I tool the car for a 100KM spin yesterday. Everyone mentions a turbo kick after 2000 RPM. I don't know what I am missing, but for me I see no such thing in my car. It seems sluggish all the way to ~2800 RPM. (Did not rev beyond this since my car is yet to be run-in). This I experienced in all gears from 2nd to the 5th.

Note that I've driven quite a few diesel cars for a few hundred km each. Figo, Punto & Vista. Polo seems to be damn sluggish, no warning lights on the console though.

Should I be worried? A visit to the dealership warranted?
Ph03nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:02   #114
BHPian

I haven't driven a Polo, but from the reviews I read the engine, esp the 1.2 TDI, is not very energetic to begin with, add to that your car is brand new, so the engine will be tight. You can try driving some other Polo TDI with 5000km or more , they'd be more free revving. Also, VW may have tinkered with 2012 Polo state of tune to soften power delivery, though this would be echoed by other buyers if it is so.

So take it easy for now, let it run for a few hundred km more , and congrats on the new car - no pictures, that's unfair !

Last edited by Ricci : 2nd April 2012 at 23:03.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 16:33   #115

Hey 84.monsoon,
I am planning to buy a polo TL diesel. I am planning to go with Abra motors in CIT nagar.. u have any recommendations or suggestions?? did you get any discount/freebies from that dealer? Also, how hindering is the problem of limited visibitlity in the rear view mirror?
aravind_ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:28   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci
I haven't driven a Polo, but from the reviews I read the engine, esp the 1.2 TDI, is not very energetic to begin with, add to that your car is brand new, so the engine will be tight. You can try driving some other Polo TDI with 5000km or more , they'd be more free revving. Also, VW may have tinkered with 2012 Polo state of tune to soften power delivery, though this would be echoed by other buyers if it is so.

So take it easy for now, let it run for a few hundred km more , and congrats on the new car - no pictures, that's unfair !
Hi,
The a.c. vents broke in first 1 month.... now the cost to replace is 4000 inr per vent.... I bought 2 polo. HL & TL... both have same problem...
Anyone facing similar problem
Old 29th July 2012, 17:27   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu
Hey 84.monsoon,
I am planning to buy a polo TL diesel. I am planning to go with Abra motors in CIT nagar.. u have any recommendations or suggestions?? did you get any discount/freebies from that dealer? Also, how hindering is the problem of limited visibitlity in the rear view mirror?
Hi Aravind

I bought my Polo from Arba Motors more than 2 years ago so my contacts are not active anymore. Overall I had a better experience with Arba motors than with VW Mount Road on the basis of sevice experience - I have been to both for servicing my Polo. As for rear visibility, it does take some getting used to compared to the Hyundai Verna I had before, but I did not find it too much of a bother.
84.monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 14:14   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03nix View Post
Hello all,

I took delivery of my Polo TDI - Trendline yesterday. I will soon write up an initial ownership review.

However I found something worrisome. I tool the car for a 100KM spin yesterday. Everyone mentions a turbo kick after 2000 RPM. I don't know what I am missing, but for me I see no such thing in my car. It seems sluggish all the way to ~2800 RPM. (Did not rev beyond this since my car is yet to be run-in). This I experienced in all gears from 2nd to the 5th.

Note that I've driven quite a few diesel cars for a few hundred km each. Figo, Punto & Vista. Polo seems to be damn sluggish, no warning lights on the console though.

Should I be worried? A visit to the dealership warranted?
Hi,

I am driving VW Polo TDI highline from past 8 months. First of all you can take your car beyond 2000 RPM. Its ok even if its new. The engines are tested at high RPMs before dispatching so no need to drive at low RPM.
If you want to feel the turbo boost then you will have to take it beyond 2400 RPM and rev it upto 3600 RPM.... don't take it to redline.

And after 7000kms please chk the engine oil as TDI engines sip oil for a few thousand kms. Top up for the service station if its less..

Drive safe.
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 19:54   #119
BHPian

^^^

Thanks for the tips Jassy. My Polo is 5 months(8000 km) old now and I am pretty happy with the power delivery. I beleive the engine needed some run in and it's nice and smooth now. Turbo lag is sometimes annoying in traffic but that's nothing that a downshift cannot solve.

A friend who owns a Swift VDI, drove it once and was surprised by the rev friendly nature.

Yes the oil level had gone down quite a bit. Bought castrol magnatec 5W40 from the workshop and topped up approx. 800 ml until the dipstick showed the full level.

I have this one gripe though. The front suspension is really soggy. Guess what my i10 feels much better when going across speed breakers & going through potholes. I think VW tuned the suspension on the petrol, and completely forgot to stiffen it up for the diesel engine, which is a good 95 kg heavier.
Ph03nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2012, 15:37   #120
BHPian

not sure why these european brands treat indian customers like "lots of money to spend but are more like slaves to them". What is the issue in providing simple service. These cars companies sell their spares at a sky high price and are looking for any fussy reason to pass the statement like "you got this done from outside hence warranty is void now". Even a simple installation of music system done from outside is enough to fetch these type of statements.

Secondly, many users in this forum have reported the bureaucratic behaviour of VW dealers. If i want to buy a polo then they are not interested. I myself have experienced it. While doing my research for buying a new car last year, i visited VW-south delhi. It was around 12.45 PM. The moment i stepped in all the sales executives went out for lunch and the receptionist asked me to come after 45 minutes.

Contrary to that i walked into a maruti showroom and it was again lunchtime. The salesguys were having lunch. The receptionist called up the salesteam and again there were 1-2 guys who were all over me showing me the car.

Now, just one question, why this fake pride? Is it company sponsored? or is it something that company inculcates into its dealerships. If the answer to both my question is "NO", then i believe that it is some serious management issue which should act as a deterrent for prospective customers to refrain from buying european brands.

Few months back there was an unsuccessful attempt by VW to force its way into Suzuki. Were the germans trying to improve their manners or were they trying to bring down suzuki. Only VW management can answer that.
su1978 is offline   Reply With Quote