Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2010, 13:34   #136
BHPian
 
Repsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 198
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Really sorry to hear about the accident. But glad that the beast is back in shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
The first 2 pictures are of the danaged bumper and the 3rd one is of the car after the replacement ,he tied a ribbon again (LOL) which I have abviously removed now.

By the way, where are the pics ??
Repsol is offline  
Old 15th August 2010, 08:18   #137
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,737
Thanked: 7,903 Times
Default

NP23, really sorry to hear about this incident. Trust me, i have experienced a couple of similar incidents in the past wherein i bend down to change the music and a mishap happened.

Remember, while driving "NEVER" take your eyes of the road and only then you can avert a mishap. Forget all these distractions ( mobile phones, chaging music, looking at beautiful girls etc). These can be injurious to our health

I noticed another thing about Cruze, the brakes are so GOOD i am just not used to it. Probably i am owning my first car with all round discs and an ABS the car stops in a whisker and there is a danger of someone banging into you from the back. I am being extremely careful about this situation as a minor incident has already happened due such good brakes

The cost of replacement of bumper and grille really seems over the top to me, especially the labor cost. Did you claim insurance?

Drive Safe!
mobike008 is offline  
Old 15th August 2010, 10:51   #138
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
NP23, really sorry to hear about this incident. Trust me, i have experienced a couple of similar incidents in the past wherein i bend down to change the music and a mishap happened.

Remember, while driving "NEVER" take your eyes of the road and only then you can avert a mishap. Forget all these distractions ( mobile phones, chaging music, looking at beautiful girls etc). These can be injurious to our health
This happenned tp me for the 3rd time and I every time I promise myself not to look at the mobile phone but this was the first time on the cruze (till now I had kept it away from even a small scratch *touchwood),on 2 occasions I have touched my civic and accord in the car ahead while trying to find my phone but thankfully that was in B2B traffic so there was no problem.
I need to get rid of this habbit.
Quote:
I noticed another thing about Cruze, the brakes are so GOOD i am just not used to it. Probably i am owning my first car with all round discs and an ABS the car stops in a whisker and there is a danger of someone banging into you from the back. I am being extremely careful about this situation as a minor incident has already happened due such good brakes
I completely second your point
Quote:
The cost of replacement of bumper and grille really seems over the top to me, especially the labor cost. Did you claim insurance?
bumper and grill cost were the official prices (I rechecked with the autocar july 2010 issue which had a survey of the spare parts forr all cars),I know the labour cost is hhigh especially paying another 1500 for the so called priority labour cost which was nothing but there way of making a little more money,I did not take insurance as I wanted to take the car with me back that day only and did not want to leave it there for a cuple of days till the insurance claims are sorted out and secondly I had a doubt in the back of my mind that if I leave my car overnight then they might tell me rubbish false stuff that there was internal damage and all..... so I wanted to get it done in front of me.
Quote:
Drive Safe!
Thank you and I will.
CHEERS

Last edited by np23 : 15th August 2010 at 10:53.
np23 is offline  
Old 17th August 2010, 20:03   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Friends I finally got the Registration certificate (The smart card) for my car today which I bought on the 31st of May ,it came about a month back but when I went to collect it I realized that they wrote Fuel type as Petrol instead of diesel and this is the reason why it took so long.I am happy I finally have it.
I have clocked 3800 Kms and except that 1 uncalled for incident I have enjoyed this small journey a lot.
I stand by what I have always said and still say "This car is a beast in the true sense of the word."

Last edited by np23 : 17th August 2010 at 20:07.
np23 is offline  
Old 17th August 2010, 20:32   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Really sorry to hear about the accident. But glad that the beast is back in shape.




By the way, where are the pics ??
, All is well
np23 is offline  
Old 17th August 2010, 20:57   #141
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Really sorry to hear about the accident. But glad that the beast is back in shape.




By the way, where are the pics ??
, All is well
Attached Thumbnails
My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-30072010634.jpg  

My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-30072010639.jpg  

My Blue Beast....I meant my new Chevrolet Cruze Automatic-05062010373.jpg  

np23 is offline  
Old 17th August 2010, 21:41   #142
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,737
Thanked: 7,903 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Friends I finally got the Registration certificate (The smart card) for my car today which I bought on the 31st of May ,it came about a month back but when I went to collect it I realized that they wrote Fuel type as Petrol instead of diesel and this is the reason why it took so long.I am happy I finally have it.
I have clocked 3800 Kms and except that 1 uncalled for incident I have enjoyed this small journey a lot.
I stand by what I have always said and still say "This car is a beast in the true sense of the word."
Congrats in getting your RC card. Even i have a similar issue on my insurance document wherein its mentioned as 2500cc instead of 2000cc. They assured be it should not be a problem during claims etc.

Btw, the damage seems nasty to the bumper and grille. Good to see the new bumper as brand new as from the showroom
mobike008 is offline  
Old 17th August 2010, 22:02   #143
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats in getting your RC card. Even i have a similar issue on my insurance document wherein its mentioned as 2500cc instead of 2000cc. They assured be it should not be a problem during claims etc.

Btw, the damage seems nasty to the bumper and grille. Good to see the new bumper as brand new as from the showroom
Thank you... I am still to recieve the original insurance paper from ICICi mumbai office,right now I have the written form from the showroom.
The damage to the bumper was bad but there was virtually almost no damage to the grill,what happened was that out of the several honey bee sort of patches on the grill ,one of them had chipped off and there was actually no need to change it,infact if you wouldnt be knowing that the grill was damaged you wont even believe that it was indeed damaged.
I got it changed because I wanted it to be brand new again as it was just over 2 months old
ALL IS WELL
np23 is offline  
Old 23rd August 2010, 07:56   #144
BHPian
 
zipzapzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 53
Thanked: 2 Times
Default can you pls explain..

Dear NP3
Congratulations on your blue beeauty
i have been closely following your thread for long time and am aspiring to buy the beast however can you pls clarify my following doubts..
1) how is the car reaction when you slot it in gear using triptronic i mean the (+/-) slot of gear box.
is there a slight delay in getting repsonce, you know what i mean? in manual cars the reaction time depends on how fast you release the clutch, which is pretty fast when you are zipping in and out of traffic. but as in this case its automatic how's the time/responce delay?
2) how does she stop on inclines
i mean have you tried stoppping your car on some incline road (like access to bridge) and removed your foot from accelerator and brake, does she stop at a place or roll backwards.

I know these questions can be answered by taking a test drive myself but unfortunately i am out of india and don't have prviledge to do so.
thanks and regards
zipzapzoom is offline  
Old 24th August 2010, 21:28   #145
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzapzoom View Post
Dear NP3
Congratulations on your blue beauty
Thank you brother
Quote:
1) how is the car reaction when you slot it in gear using triptronic i mean the (+/-) slot of gear box.
is there a slight delay in getting repsonce, you know what i mean? in manual cars the reaction time depends on how fast you release the clutch, which is pretty fast when you are zipping in and out of traffic. but as in this case its automatic how's the time/response delay?
There is a very slight delay while shifting manually but why will you drive it in manual mode in B2B traffic?
Quote:
2) how does she stop on inclines
i mean have you tried stoppping your car on some incline road (like access to bridge) and removed your foot from accelerator and brake, does she stop at a place or roll backwards.
After reading this query I tried the same on a few inclined traffic lights in South delhi (including one steep one) and it does not go back whatsoever inbetween the time you leave the brake to press the gas.This is a very good feature according to me and is very useful incase of traffic jams on slightly inclined roads and also on hill roads when driving uphill in a congested patch (Anyone who has driven till Shimla ,knows that this a very common sight from pinjore to kalka and uptil parwanoo after which the road is marvelous.
Quote:
I know these questions can be answered by taking a test drive myself but unfortunately i am out of india and don't have prviledge to do so.
thanks and regards
No worries
Cheers
np23 is offline  
Old 24th August 2010, 21:43   #146
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Friends I took my car on a short highway run (about 170km) on nh8 uptill Pataudi and back home.
The trip was extremely challenging and full of fun, because it rained like hell in Delhi on that day and so getting out of a waterlogged Delhi along with its peak hour traffic was a true challenge but once I reached the Delhi airport;the experience completely changed,on the wet but great road and with the rain slowly coming in from the opposite direction ,driving was a true pleasure and all this was due to Cruze's amazing highway manners and the CPC2's "out of the world" grip on wet roads;you have to experience them to believe what I am saying.I was easily touching 150kmph on the wet road with 100% confident and ease and cruised along the remaining highway patch at about 90-100kmph.
Once I reached pataudi and I took the wrong turn to the resort where I had to go and instead went ahead for about 3 kms and believe you me I had never in my life seen such a pathetic road,infact you actually cannot call it a road; it was a 2km road with about 20 VERY HUGE portholes which were about 1 feet deep on an average and full of mud water and very little patch of mud available,I was stuck and could not go back because there was a truck behind me so the only way out was to go ahead,even though I took all precautions possible and was as slow as possible I have to give full marks to Cruzes suspension set up ( it did not scrape even once) and I could not believe what a MIRACLE I had just performed, I am sure had I been driving my Civic it wold have scraped its bell atleast 10 times ( I am not kidding ,Please believe me)
My car returned me an impressive average of 10.4kmpl even though the MID showed 10.2 kpl including about 60 km driving on waterlogged roads and 2km offroading (if I may call it).
I am truly impressed by its overall performance and again say this is a true Beast
Cheers

Last edited by np23 : 24th August 2010 at 21:46.
np23 is offline  
Old 25th August 2010, 13:24   #147
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,737
Thanked: 7,903 Times
Default

Nikhil, wonderful to see this performance feedback especially on wet roads. I agree with you, those CPC2's stick to the road like glue during rains. I experienced it myself during my Vikarabad drive in my WA.

Like i mentioned, i was taking steep curves while it was drizzling at over 100kmph and it felt to me as if i was driving in a straight line
mobike008 is offline  
Old 25th August 2010, 13:54   #148
BHPian
 
ashish22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 575
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

sorry to hear about your incident. Same thing happened to me when my car had barely covered 1200 kms. My car was hit at rear left by a blue line bus resulting in lots of scraps and dents in rear bumper and broken rear light. I was completely heartbroken to say the least. When i took it to a service station in Gurgaon they told me that it was one of the first accidental case for cruze :-(
Have to give credit to the car's built quality. The bus driver was totally at fault and had hit my car at speed of almost 20 kph. Yet i was lucky enough that my bumper dint need any replacement. It was repaired and repainted and had to get the new rear light. Total setback was 14K. Overall i'm happy with the GM's service.
ashish22 is offline  
Old 25th August 2010, 21:01   #149
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nikhil, wonderful to see this performance feedback especially on wet roads. I agree with you, those CPC2's stick to the road like glue during rains. I experienced it myself during my Vikarabad drive in my WA.

Like i mentioned, i was taking steep curves while it was drizzling at over 100kmph and it felt to me as if i was driving in a straight line
I cannot wait to drive this car to Shimla,I can bet driving uphill will be a pleasure in this car.
I am glad you took my word for the CPC2's and are happy with them
np23 is offline  
Old 25th August 2010, 21:12   #150
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
sorry to hear about your incident. Same thing happened to me when my car had barely covered 1200 kms. My car was hit at rear left by a blue line bus resulting in lots of scraps and dents in rear bumper and broken rear light. I was completely heartbroken to say the least. When i took it to a service station in Gurgaon they told me that it was one of the first accidental case for cruze :-(
Have to give credit to the car's built quality. The bus driver was totally at fault and had hit my car at speed of almost 20 kph. Yet i was lucky enough that my bumper dint need any replacement. It was repaired and repainted and had to get the new rear light. Total setback was 14K. Overall i'm happy with the GM's service.
Ooops that must have been a very bad feeling especially considering that you had covered only 1200km's till then (But its good as we say here in Delhi "Nazar talli" & "bada hadsa talaa") Thank god for it.
I cannot stop but praise the car's build quality; it is a tank indeed and I am very happy that you did not had to get your bumper replaced and you saved Rs12k plus installation charges.etc. for a new rear bumper and considering that it was hit by a Blue line thankfully your expense was not sky high and more importantly no one was hurt.
I am also very satisfied with GM's *** and more than the top bosses the eagerness of the main staff to help you is very good (Giving them tips and talking with them politely really helps.)
Hope everything has remained well since then and you are cruising.
Once the rains stop can we meet on either the Gurgaon or Greater noida expressway and test each other's cars?
Thanks NIkhil
np23 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!! narendra_urs Long-Term Ownership Reviews 187 9th April 2016 23:16
Choosing to Cruze - Chevrolet Cruze LTZ AT. (First 500 kms) a.sundaram Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 47 22nd April 2014 16:46
Finally the BEAST awakens! My Chevrolet Cruze rangakishen Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 24th August 2012 18:55
Chennai to vizag (1928 kms) on my new Beast! (EDIT: Beast=Fiesta 1.6 zxi Petrol) gopal.putrevu Travelogues 19 18th April 2008 13:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks