Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2010, 21:54   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

capt, as others have pointed out, it must be bad fuel. There is no other explanation as performance cannot go down in 1K kms. Heck, the TD car I drove had 35K kms on it and it was a scorcher. I would suggest you add System G at the earliest. That will clean up the fuel lines and injectors. Continue with System G and find a good petrol bunk.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 22:15   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 1,110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
What is there in the right side after the number plate - key hole for the boot?
My car do not have the boot key hole - it has to be opened either with remote or the button on the dash board..
Its not something that exclusive to the S. Older EXIs, ZXIs too have it.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 07:50   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,041
Thanked: 2,086 Times
Smile

Hi Capt,

Another set of drool worthy pics. A couple of queries:
1) 3M under body coating - validity/guarentee????
2) Have you intially tried putting Speed instead of normal petrol?

The rear bumper protection suggested by Sanjay is quite a good one and an useful one too. Since you done the auto locking test, can we conclude that the auto locking feature is available only in the 1.6S variants.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 08:52   #64
Newbie
 
The Red Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

What Gilead said could help for sure. But just to be on the safer side i would rather take her to the workshop and have it checked. That just so that these guys dont void the warranty in case the system G cleans up more dirt that you wanted, causing a major block
The Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 09:32   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Its not something that exclusive to the S. Older EXIs, ZXIs too have it.
+
Yes, I have seen older fiesta'a have boot key hole. After booking my ZXI, I have asked a shop, who deals in number plates, to make a number plate for my car. The first question he asked was to confirm that there is a key hole on the rear number plate space. I was not sure (as I never noticed this when I inspected the car) about this key hole hence I had to phone and ask the dealer who confirmed there is no key hole for boot. The number plate guy still not convinced but I asked him to go ahead and make a number plate without a key hole.
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 12:49   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,270
Thanked: 1,235 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post
Fuel is probably the root cause. But i doubt the old fuel and new fuel thing is it cos as soon as you add fuel they mix instantly in the tank. I feel that the last fill is the culprit here.

Or it could just be that the fuel injectors might have got partially clogged. Its a new car so some dirt in the fuel line or tank might have caused the block if that is the case.

Happy mile munching!!!!!!
I experienced that old fuel/ new fuel thingy during my trip to Hampi and Goa last year. We'd tanked up at Hyderabad on my pal's Sonata Embera and after touring around Hampi and staying there for a day, we tanked up again at a HP bunk there, and set off towards Shimoga.

Around 60 kms away from Hospet the engine started sounding coarse and losing power. We had to endure it for our entire trip to Shimoga---it even stalled once. When we tanked up at Shimoga the next day, everything was ok.

Therefore, bad fuel at Hospet was the most probable cause. The car ran fine for 60 kms (550 kms on the odo from Hyderabad), and the effect of the bad fuel manifested only after that.

Last edited by vnabhi : 21st June 2010 at 12:51.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 12:57   #67
BHPian
 
premjit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kolkata
Posts: 161
Thanked: 212 Times
Default

@Capt: Congrats on the S. She is one hoot of a drive. I've had one for the 8 months and cant stop gushing about it enough.

Didnt know they discontinued the Aquarius Blue, What was Ford thinking? Well, makes the Aquarius even rarer in that case, what say gilead, sathee
premjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 14:00   #68
BHPian
 
swami69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 233
Thanked: 412 Times
Default

Congrats on your "S". Infact i was so attracted to that car, but my family wanted the SXi and respected their wish. Happy driving and take care of your car.

swami
swami69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 16:35   #69
BHPian
 
capt_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 134
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
capt, as others have pointed out, it must be bad fuel. There is no other explanation as performance cannot go down in 1K kms. Heck, the TD car I drove had 35K kms on it and it was a scorcher. I would suggest you add System G at the earliest. That will clean up the fuel lines and injectors. Continue with System G and find a good petrol bunk.
Gilead maybe its the fuel which is bad as all you guys have pointed out. I had a few friends over for the weekend and wanted to show off my new possession but i felt such a downturn in the performance that i felt too let down by it.
Ill try to get fuel from a proper station only.

What is System G? Where can I get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi Capt,

Another set of drool worthy pics. A couple of queries:
1) 3M under body coating - validity/guarentee????
2) Have you intially tried putting Speed instead of normal petrol?

The rear bumper protection suggested by Sanjay is quite a good one and an useful one too. Since you done the auto locking test, can we conclude that the auto locking feature is available only in the 1.6S variants.
Hi Ghodlur,
1. 3M undercoating has 3 yr guarantee with 4 free inspections.
2. No I havent put Speed only normal fuel. I think I will go in for a tankful of Speed now. Had enough of lousy normal fuel. I was driving on the outskirts of East Delhi/Ghaziabad and had to stop for fuelling. It was a bad decision im sure. That fuel is causing all the misery.

About the auto lock feature, this is what I observed.
If I unlock it with the remote and do not open the gates or enter the car, it automatically locks down in 5 mins.
But yesterday, I had to pick up a friend. I parked the car. Came out of the car with the keys but did not lock it. The car did not auto lock in 5 mins. So what does that mean?? I had opened the doors to take out something from the car. Again checked after 10 mins but it did not auto lock!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post
What Gilead said could help for sure. But just to be on the safer side i would rather take her to the workshop and have it checked. That just so that these guys dont void the warranty in case the system G cleans up more dirt that you wanted, causing a major block
Yes, i think ill talk to the dealer to show her at the workshop to ensure all is well. Ill ask about the System G as well.

Thanks you guys.. you rock!!!
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 16:41   #70
BHPian
 
capt_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 134
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
@Capt: Congrats on the S. She is one hoot of a drive. I've had one for the 8 months and cant stop gushing about it enough.

Didnt know they discontinued the Aquarius Blue, What was Ford thinking? Well, makes the Aquarius even rarer in that case, what say gilead, sathee
Thanks premjit. yes im convinced already that the "S" is an awesome and rare breed. Im yet to spot another one in Delhi!!!

The discontinuation of Aquarius Blue is a shocker. Why would Ford do it, is an unanswered question. They dont disclose it. We dont get it!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Congrats on your "S". Infact i was so attracted to that car, but my family wanted the SXi and respected their wish. Happy driving and take care of your car.

swami
Thanks buddy, SXi is an all rounder. Fiesta is an excellent car in any variant. You got the best of both worlds. Luxury and performance.
The "S" is truly special and performance oriented only, at the cost of some comfort. Those who understand this fact and are ready to live with it, go for it!!!
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 20:17   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
Didnt know they discontinued the Aquarius Blue, What was Ford thinking? Well, makes the Aquarius even rarer in that case, what say gilead, sathee
Yep, who knows, the resale might be higher as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
What is System G? Where can I get it?
It's an additive recommended by Ford. Use it ONLY with good quality unleaded petrol. Check with Ford A.S.S for availability. They usually stock it. If they don't, you can check here: IFTEX- Contact Us
Speed isn't recommended by Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
But yesterday, I had to pick up a friend. I parked the car. Came out of the car with the keys but did not lock it. The car did not auto lock in 5 mins. So what does that mean?? I had opened the doors to take out something from the car. Again checked after 10 mins but it did not auto lock!!!
That's normal behavior. Guess my car has a 'bug' then.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 21:24   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,253 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
yes im convinced already that the "S" is an awesome and rare breed. Im yet to spot another one in Delhi!!!

The discontinuation of Aquarius Blue is a shocker. Why would Ford do it, is an unanswered question. They dont disclose it. We dont get it!!!!
The S is indeed a rare car to find in Delhi, I have seen only one here and that too in the Aquarius Blue colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Yep, who knows, the resale might be higher as well.
I sincerely doubt that. For some reason people do not buy the colour Blue in our country.

When I got my OHC, it was available in 2 shades of Blue a lighter Cyclone Blue and another Darker shade Blue Pearl Metallic, however by the time OHC type II came out both colours had been withdrawn. Mine was of course the Cyclone Blue.

Now I again have a blue beauty but as per the company's sales manager they sell this colour only once in a 'Blue Moon'.
Attached Thumbnails
The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-blue-streak-left-rear-3-quarter.jpg  

khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 07:51   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,041
Thanked: 2,086 Times
Smile

Capt - Try at the BPCL outlets for IFTEX-G, costs somewhere around 300 bucks. if you plan to use Iftex, would advise you to refuel normal petrol.

I can see that Gilead's bug partly bitten your S too. Too bad the auto locking feature does not exists in S too.
Is there something mentioned in the manual about auto locking, I doubt that. Its ages since I read the manual
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:13   #74
BHPian
 
swami69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 233
Thanked: 412 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
About the auto lock feature, this is what I observed.
If I unlock it with the remote and do not open the gates or enter the car, it automatically locks down in 5 mins.
But yesterday, I had to pick up a friend. I parked the car. Came out of the car with the keys but did not lock it. The car did not auto lock in 5 mins. So what does that mean?? I had opened the doors to take out something from the car. Again checked after 10 mins but it did not auto lock!!!
Thanks you guys.. you rock!!!
Hi Capt_rocker - i also had the same confusion and your observation is correct and the fiesta does only that. i.e.,
Scenario 1
if you drive the car, get out and do not lock it - it DOES NOT Autolock, and we need to lock it ourselves.
Scenario 2
But, a locked car, open it with remote and you do not access the car by any means, then it AUTOLOCKS after 60 seconds. I just did this test few times and also clarified it with Ford people. They confirm the first scenario does not Autolock and there is nothing that can be programmed in the remote to do that.

If some of our fellow members has the scenario 1 autolock function running, then it continues to be a mystery as my car does not do that.

swami
swami69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:32   #75
BHPian
 
capt_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 134
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Yep, who knows, the resale might be higher as well.

yes i think Gilead, resale might make a difference. There are enough auto buffs like me who would buy your car instantly!!!

It's an additive recommended by Ford. Use it ONLY with good quality unleaded petrol. Check with Ford A.S.S for availability. They usually stock it. If they don't, you can check here: IFTEX- Contact Us
Speed isn't recommended by Ford.

Ill try n get a tankful of normal fuel with System G, if i find it.

That's normal behavior. Guess my car has a 'bug' then.
your bug is good in a way. helps protect your car further!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The S is indeed a rare car to find in Delhi, I have seen only one here and that too in the Aquarius Blue colour.

I sincerely doubt that. For some reason people do not buy the colour Blue in our country.

When I got my OHC, it was available in 2 shades of Blue a lighter Cyclone Blue and another Darker shade Blue Pearl Metallic, however by the time OHC type II came out both colours had been withdrawn. Mine was of course the Cyclone Blue.

Now I again have a blue beauty but as per the company's sales manager they sell this colour only once in a 'Blue Moon'.
This one looks a beauty. The color does strike a chord in my heart. too bad i couldnt get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Capt - Try at the BPCL outlets for IFTEX-G, costs somewhere around 300 bucks. if you plan to use Iftex, would advise you to refuel normal petrol.

I can see that Gilead's bug partly bitten your S too. Too bad the auto locking feature does not exists in S too.
Is there something mentioned in the manual about auto locking, I doubt that. Its ages since I read the manual
will try a BPCL outlet. will use normal fuel only. The performance really gave me a scare.
Read the manual fully. havent come across anything on auto locking feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Hi Capt_rocker - i also had the same confusion and your observation is correct and the fiesta does only that. i.e.,
Scenario 1
if you drive the car, get out and do not lock it - it DOES NOT Autolock, and we need to lock it ourselves.
Scenario 2
But, a locked car, open it with remote and you do not access the car by any means, then it AUTOLOCKS after 60 seconds. I just did this test few times and also clarified it with Ford people. They confirm the first scenario does not Autolock and there is nothing that can be programmed in the remote to do that.

If some of our fellow members has the scenario 1 autolock function running, then it continues to be a mystery as my car does not do that.

swami
yes seems to be true now that this feature has been tried n tested by all of us. but Gileads car does auto lock in scenario 1. This truly amazing nad will have the ford guys guessing too!!
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold! Ace F355 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 527 6th April 2016 10:31
My new Sea grey Ford Fiesta 1.6SXI jaganm Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 90 23rd December 2010 07:50
My New Sea Grey Ford Fiesta Duratec Sxi Petrol pramodpk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 9 21st September 2010 10:57
My Sea Grey FIESTA #3 ;) amitverma123 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 89 17th September 2010 21:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks