Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th July 2010, 15:49   #106
Senior - BHPian

As said above,Hazard lights are to be used in an emergency to know others that they can take be little careful. But in India, most people use hazard lights for everything.
(most dont know the difference between two)

And @ghodlur - your cop was nice, just asked you to put the lights atleast (even knowing that you are talking on mobile phone). Here the cops would have straight away asked you to pay penalty (they will find some reason for same)..
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 17:36   #107
BHPian

With reference to this topic of hazard and indicator lights..
worst is the scenario on the highways of Northern India. Our iconic truck drivers use the side indicators to indicate which side they want you to pass. This often confuses the person trying to overtake because it seems like the truck fellow has given the indicator to turn on that side. You do get to overtake but with caution always.
Also, the truck drivers will almost always stick to the right side of the road (near the dividers) and allow you to overtake only from the left side which is wrong and dangerous.

Cant help it.. this is India.. its a free country.. anyone can do what they wish. Whether its the highway or the city roads, im equally tired of our reckless drivers. No lane manners, no proper overtaking techniques, no following of speed regulations, no care of pedestrians, honking till the other person either goes deaf or dead!!! List goes on and on!!!
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 18:20   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
As said above,Hazard lights are to be used in an emergency to know others that they can take be little careful. But in India, most people use hazard lights for everything.
(most dont know the difference between two)
Everything it is indeed. Worst are the drivers who switch on the hazard lights while going through a tunnel when all they need to do is switch on the parking lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thanks guys for the differences. As Gilead rightly puts it, In India you use it for anything you want to.
I distinctly remember when one of the traffic cops approached me when I had parked the car to answer my mobile and told me to put on the lights atleast. He was satisfied when I switched on the Hazard lights. I am sure even the cops would not make out the difference between the parking & hazard lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
And @ghodlur - your cop was nice, just asked you to put the lights atleast (even knowing that you are talking on mobile phone). Here the cops would have straight away asked you to pay penalty (they will find some reason for same)..
The cop was not just nice but right too, as by switching on the hazard lights you would make those behind you aware that your vehicle is stationary.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 08:01   #109
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Everything it is indeed. Worst are the drivers who switch on the hazard lights while going through a tunnel when all they need to do is switch on the parking lights.
The main reason is that the hazard lights are prominent ones to be seen inside a tunnel and nobody would notice a parking light if on. The Indian mentality is loud & clear.

The cop was not just nice but right too, as by switching on the hazard lights you would make those behind you aware that your vehicle is stationary.
Rightly said. As said above the cop was OK with the blinkers ON "Loud & Clear" thinking it would warn the vehicle behind although I had pulled to the side of the road to answer a call.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 12:40   #110
BHPian

Hey guys seems like returning from hibernation!!!
There have been no new updates from either of us Fiesta owners for a while now..

im completing 3000kms.. enquiring for 1st free service.. early coz i have to go back to my ship!!
I feel the surge in the S missing for quite sometime.. blame it on the chaotic delhi traffic of late and choked streets all along dont help the mileage anyways.. im getting a shade under 10 now!!! too bad!!!

BTW what is the maximum RPM you guys have clocked in any situation??
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 12:46   #111
Senior - BHPian

Talking

Never bothered about the max RPM, see it only during shifting gears. I think the max I had gone was something equivalent at 140 KMPH speeds. How much RPM?, didn't notice it.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 13:06   #112
BHPian

Somewhere on the forum, I don't remember where, I heard that the Fiesta Sports has a redesigned exhaust. Can somebody confirm and tell me what is new in it's design?
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 13:10   #113
BHPian

Captain...shade under 10 on S! You should rejoice and throw a party..even some SXIs/ZXIs are not getting that. Gilead is getting under 9 and my SXI is also hovering between 8.5-9, purely in city driving conditions.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 14:20   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
There have been no new updates from either of us Fiesta owners for a while now..

im completing 3000kms.. enquiring for 1st free service.. early coz i have to go back to my ship!!
I feel the surge in the S missing for quite sometime.. blame it on the chaotic delhi traffic of late and choked streets all along dont help the mileage anyways.. im getting a shade under 10 now!!! too bad!!!

+
City driving with heavy traffic, even getting 10kmpl is good!
RPM -not to worry too much but make sure to change gear on time and then GO Fida (but imo the Rpm should not go beyond 3500 even at higher speeds in 5th gear?).
Old 21st July 2010, 14:46   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Check your fuel again and add the System G. The surge in my car is intact and got even better after the oil change. 9-10 is normal on the 1.6S.

I have touched 6800 RPM on 2nd and 3rd gear a couple of times. I guess it can go till 7000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Somewhere on the forum, I don't remember where, I heard that the Fiesta Sports has a redesigned exhaust. Can somebody confirm and tell me what is new in it's design?
Yeah, the S has a different exhaust system. Don't know the technical differences, but it's made of chrome and has a big end can. The end can makes a merry noise after 3K RPM and I also heard it's a little more free flowing than the regular exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Captain...shade under 10 on S! You should rejoice and throw a party..even some SXIs/ZXIs are not getting that. Gilead is getting under 9 and my SXI is also hovering between 8.5-9, purely in city driving conditions.
I am getting 9.5-10 consistently.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:09   #116
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just completed my first 1000Kms in 32 days span with fuel worth of 8K. Roughly around 145 liters so far and DTE showing 120 Kms. This means 7.7 is the average (rough estimate). Earlier my palio was giving 10.3 in the same driving conditions. Mine is full of city drive that too from Malad (W) to the Sakinaka strecth daily on weekdays.

Hope the mileage thing improve after the first service???..

Last edited by rapideffect : 23rd July 2010 at 11:12.
rapideffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:28   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Hi Guys,

Roughly around 145 liters so far and DTE showing 120 Kms. This means 7.7 is the average (rough estimate).
See, you should never resort to DTE for measuring your mileage, rather, you should use the tankful-tankful method. It is foolproof. And never overfill fuel after cut-out.
Use the tripmeter I say!
DTE is erratic as far as I know and it's values are affected by various factors.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:44   #118
Senior - BHPian

DTE is not 100% correct reading, it fluctuates. It can be used only to know approximate fule left in the car. Fuel warning light which glows once the fuel in the tank is available for next about 80kms drive and it is an indication that you better start refuelling at the earliest.
Anyway 7.7kmpl seems bit low?!
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:58   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Hi Guys,

Just completed my first 1000Kms in 32 days span with fuel worth of 8K. Roughly around 145 liters so far and DTE showing 120 Kms. This means 7.7 is the average (rough estimate). Earlier my palio was giving 10.3 in the same driving conditions. Mine is full of city drive that too from Malad (W) to the Sakinaka strecth daily on weekdays.

Hi rapideffect,
I had 2 instances of mileage falling below 7.5 - 1. my first tankfull (I was learning driving at that time) & 2. 2nd last tankfull (I was running on a tire with a 2 inch nail in it for 20 days approx).

Apart from that, my mileage normally hovers between 8.5 to 9.5 in pure city driving conditions in Kolkata (I cover a distance of 36 km everyday in 2 hrs approx - avg speed: 16-18 KMPH).

So, for you, it will definitely improve.
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:24   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Hey BHPians,
For a long long time since I have been active on TBHP, I have been dreaming of owning the Fiesta 1.6S. The great BHPians who already own this mean machine further encouraged me to go ahead with the booking.

So I did and after a few days of anxiety, delays in delivery and confusion created by the dealership, I finally took the delivery of this poetry in motion!!

Though it was too late by the time the car was delivered and thanks to the dusty Delhi weather yesterday, I could take only a few snaps of this beast.

She looks awesome in the Sea Grey trim. The color shines like its set ablaze!

Guys the full ownership review may take a couple of days and would be here on this same thread soon as I build a solid relationship with the Beast and tame it to be under my control.

Till that time please excuse me of posting only a few pictures here. I know the demand for the pics has been overwhelming. Especially coming from abhipuru and ghodlur and rest of you guys too.

So here I give you the first glimpse of the Sea Grey Shark - more coming later -
Can u share the OTR Price?
How abt some more pics!
greencity is offline   Reply With Quote